Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:22 AM   #2
Mod Team

Hometeam has a Nissan to sell you!

PM him.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:26 AM   #3
Wasted away again...

I've had great experiences with Cable Dahmer dealers. We've bought 3 vehicles from the Chevy dealer on 103rd, 1 from the Chevy dealer on Noland road and recently bought a new Kia from their location in Lee's Summit. Just great customer service every time.

They have GMC dealers near 104th and State Line and on Noland Road.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:39 AM   #4
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I've had great experiences with Cable Dahmer dealers. We've bought 3 vehicles from the Chevy dealer on 103rd, 1 from the Chevy dealer on Noland road and recently bought a new Kia from their location in Lee's Summit. Just great customer service every time.

They have GMC dealers near 104th and State Line and on Noland Road.

I may call them, they did a warranty job on wifes Yukon and were actually pretty nice. I just dont want to start the sit down and lets see what we can do game....
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:56 AM   #5
Would an idiot do that?

Can you help me move next month?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 19 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:04 AM   #6
Veteran

I bought new and paid cash 1 time back when I was in colllege. Long story but I had the cash and needed a dependable vehicle. I looked like the typical college student with no money. Salesman played the what can we do game and finally got to where the price was good and they were going to make most their money on the financing (they thought). When they asked how I wanted to finance I said one payment today. The SOB called my bank. When he came back all of a sudden it yessir, no sir, can I get you something to drink sir. I think my hometown bank told that him I had the money to buy anything on the lot and then some even though I didn't. I still chuckle about it.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:10 AM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
Paying cash won't get you a better deal. Been there, tried that.

Where ever you go, be straight forward with them from the start. You don't want to be upsold on anything, give me the price out the door, and tell them that other dealers are quoting, too.

That last part is key.

(If they try to sell you nitrogen in the tires laugh in their face and walk out.)
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:12 AM   #8
It was not a fair catch

they may force you into financing. 2015-I could not just buy it. I HAD to finance it. I paid it off right away.....Dodge did not like it.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:15 AM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
they may force you into financing. 2015-I could not just buy it. I HAD to finance it. I paid it off right away.....Dodge did not like it.
"At least wait 3 months to pay it off".

I guess that's how long it takes the dealership to get their rip for selling the financing.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #10
Ultrabanned

Tell the first salesman that approaches you that you don't negotiate with pillowbiters and to get you somebody that knows what they're doing.

When the second salesman comes up tell him you didn't know this place was a gay bar and to get you somebody that doesn't suck dick to sell you a truck.

By this time they'll probably ask you to leave but you'll have at least upset a couple of car salesman and made the world a better place.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 19 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #11
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
"At least wait 3 months to pay it off".

I guess that's how long it takes the dealership to get their rip for selling the financing.
I remember that being said too.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:18 AM   #12
Baba Ganoush

Toyota Tundra!

They’ll last longer than any truck and it’s not even debatable.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:19 AM   #13
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Get a Camaro instead
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Get a Camaro instead
How about an El Camaro?!

Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:23 AM   #15
[b]Supporter[/b]

I can’t wait for the dam to break and carmakers sell directly to consumers. **** dealerships and **** salespeople.

I bought a used truck through an online service a few weeks ago with a wire transfer. No negotiation, no bullshit. I am fully aware of the one issue with this service being title acquisition, but I got several forms of contact with the transfer agent and it’s on the way.

Honestly, it helps not to be a dumbass.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote