Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: People mistakenly call me Brian/Bryan because ...
I was kidnapped as a young child and my birth name was Brian/Bryan. 1 3.70%
It’s a leftover glow from a past life when I was named Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
There was a mixup at the hospital and I was switched with a baby named Brian/Bryan. 0 0%
My parents merely gave me the wrong name. They didn’t capture my aura correctly. 2 7.41%
I look like some guy that everyone knows whose name is Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
My name is Brian/Bryan, but it’s just spelled like a completely different name and I’ve been mispronouncing it. 0 0%
I’m beginning a period of hallucination where I believe I’m a person named Brian/Bryan. 1 3.70%
I remind people of the dog on Family Guy. 8 29.63%
There’s always a very quiet person named Brian/Bryan who’s standing behind me. 1 3.70%
It's a Truman show thing, and my character is named Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
Names are irrelevant. It's all about eye contact. 1 3.70%
My name is Brian/Bryan and at some point I got mixed up. 2 7.41%
I'm experiencing glitches in the Matrix. 2 7.41%
I have another theory that I'll share below. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2021, 01:48 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

What's your theory on my name mixups?

Over the course of our lives, we'll regularly encounter people who get our name wrong. It just happens, and it's no big deal.

However, when people forget my name, they disproportionately call me Brian. (Or maybe Bryan, I can't tell.) This is not a coincidence, because it's really disproportionate. We're talking probably 50 percent of the time, when someone gets my name wrong, they call me Brian/Bryan.

There must be a reason for this. What's the reason?

I'll post a few of my theories in a poll, but other theories are welcome. I need to solve this mystery.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-06-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #2
Veteran

In fairness, Brian and Rain have 4 letters in common.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

But Brian/Bryan sound nothing like Rain Man.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran

In a former life you were probably known as "Brian of Nazareth." People just "know" who you really are.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
'Tis my eye!

It's Brain.

Of course.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #6
Thread I will end you.......

When people get my name wrong, they change letters and remove letters. Never been called something totally wrong, because they get parts right... just miss on the whole name...
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #7
Veteran

Its like calling some women, that have a common personality trait, "Karen".

You remind people of the "Brian/Byron" personality trait.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #8
MVP

Get a brian, moran.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
When people get my name wrong, they change letters and remove letters. Never been called something totally wrong, because they get parts right... just miss on the whole name...
That's what happens with my name.

It's REY, not ERY.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #10
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's Brain.

Of course.
Brain Man
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #11
Banned!

I can't believe people butcher Brach Beach's name so badly/frequently.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #12
Live free or die hard

Been called "whitey" since I was a teenager. Grandfather was called "speedy".

Nicknames make for easy recall.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #13
My Mamma Says

I thought your name was Raymond this whole time...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:18 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Been called "whitey" since I was a teenager. Grandfather was called "speedy".

Nicknames make for easy recall.
not always a good thing, though.
had a neighbor w/a speech problem that pronounced my name "salt cock".
people still call me that
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:20 PM   #15
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
not always a good thing, though.
had a neighbor w/a speech problem that pronounced my name "salt cock".
people still call me that
sec
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.