Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #106
Hockey Town

I generally agree that trading picks is a bad idea but he's 22 and you get 4 years of control, that's different than trading for older guys.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #107
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Ummm

Sure sounds like that’s what you were saying.
Is adding a Ward or Lucas significantly different talent wise from what they have?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #108
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Yeah there’s no way they cleared all that cap room to get another Ward.

No way.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #109
In Search of a Life

Minkah’s cap hits would be 1, 1.9, and 2 something for the next 3 years

Someone is gonna trade for him I bet
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #110
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Is adding a Ward or Lucas significantly different talent wise from what they have?
They’re not going to settle for that. They didn’t free up all that cap space for a Ward/Lucas level player dude. Even Terez seems convinced a move is coming.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #111
MVP

Quote:
I don’t see Fitzpatrick as anything but a 1st rounder. He’s 22 and has 4 years of cheap control left.

Now, with all this said, I’m not trading for him unless you trust him as an outside CB. That’s what we need, not another safety.
i see where your coming from, but fuller was fair on the boundry some say even better last year. so that gives you breeland and fuller outside, minkah playing slot corner/ some safety like what HB has done in the past, then HB and thornhill. thats a much better looking group than what we have imo.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #112
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
They’re not going to do that. They didn’t free up all that cap space for a Ward/Lucas level player dude.
Not one. Last year they acquired 3 or 4 guys like that during the season.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #113
In Search of a Life

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #114
MVP

Quote:
I don’t see Fitzpatrick as anything but a 1st rounder. He’s 22 and has 4 years of cheap control left.

Now, with all this said, I’m not trading for him unless you trust him as an outside CB. That’s what we need, not another safety.
He played much more often as a CB in either the slot or outside than he did at either traditional safety position.

Think of it less like traditional roles and more in terms of overall secondary talent.

Also, think of it less like this is THE move and more like it's A move.

He doesn't affect the cap all that much. THIS isn't what clearing space was about.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #115
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not one. Last year they acquired 3 or 4 guys like that during the season.
So because that’s what they did last year they’re going to do it again?

And they didn’t make most of those moves after the season had already started. What is the purpose of adding another Ward or Scandrick when they’ve already added Claiborne? If they make a move it will be for somebody better than him.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
i see where your coming from, but fuller was fair on the boundry some say even better last year. so that gives you breeland and fuller outside, minkah playing slot corner/ some safety like what HB has done in the past, then HB and thornhill. thats a much better looking group than what we have imo.
This is what I'm saying.

It's very useful to have four guys who can line up anywhere. It's confusing for an offense. You don't know before the play-call where which guys are going to be. You're not sure where your mismatches are.

I like this idea a lot.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #117
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

I would imagine half the teams in the league are looking for a good deal on him...
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #118
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
So because that’s what they did last year they’re going to do it again?

And they didn’t make most of those moves after the season had already started. What is the purpose of adding another Ward or Scandrick when they’ve already added Claiborne? If they make a move it will be for somebody better than him.
I don’t think they’re going to make a move. I think you all should come to terms with what is already here. Said that already.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #119
MVP

Another way to look at it-

It's always said that successful NFL teams draft best player available and not for need. So; if according to the trade chart, next year's number one pick is equal to this year's number two pick...wouldn't you trade this year's number two pick for four years controlled of Minkah Fitzpatrick? I would.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #120
MVP

Quote:
I don’t think they’re going to make a move. I think you all should come to terms with what is already here. Said that already.
You think they cleared that cap space for no reason?