Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #61
In Search of a Life

Yeah I’d move a 2nd for him

Have him for 4 years for cheap and he’s a good player very versatile
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #62
Veteran

If they get this guy for a second I'll shit my pants. Its gonna be a first to start negotiations.
Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #63
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’d trade a 1st for Fitzpatrick or Peterson even

We’re going to be picking 30-32 odds are, who cares about the pick. We want a Lombardi.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #64
In Search of a Life

I wouldn’t trade a first but I’d do a 2nd

Especially if you can recoup it after the season
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #65
MVP

I think in general, you seriously consider any move that adds good young contractually controlled talent.

The reality is that we're going to be picking near the end of every round for the forseeable future. One way in which we can re-stock quality talent is in trades for guys like Fitzpatrick. He's a better player than anyone we're going to get at say, pick #64.

In terms of long-term cap health, moves like this are a good idea for a team that's going to be competitive for the long haul; and if you've got Patrick Mahomes, we should be in the hunt every year.

Whether they fit a glaring immediate hole or not, you seriously consider a move like this.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #66
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Apparently his best role (at least last year) is slot QB. So you bounce Fuller outside (where he graded out well last year), let him walk in 2020, and hopefully get a 2021 3rd compensatory pick.

https://deadspin.com/minkah-fitzpatr...ami-1838091409
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #67
Veteran

why should we be worried about our secondary?

i mean cmon guys we held the great Gardner Minshew to only 275 yrds and 2 TDS and a mere 88% completion ratio. .
and he only averaged 11 yrds per throw . .

Mahomes:
75.8% 378yrds 11.5 per throw 3TDS

DTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #68
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

Why not?

He’s a potential top notch corner. Odds are we never get that at 30-32.

Plus he helps this year immensely I’d say.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #69
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Why not?

He’s a potential top notch corner. Odds are we never get that at 30-32.

Plus he helps this year immensely I’d say.
If he can be a top notch outside corner, maybe

I dunno if he can be
Old 09-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #70
Hockey Town

Considering we are a year removed from him being a top 15 pick and performing well as a rookie, it's not a bad idea.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #71
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
They want a reported 1st for Fitzpatrick. Howard is not available and even if he was, he’d be worth even more. Patrick Peterson isn’t available. People need to come to terms with the fact that this group they have now is it for 2019. We are one game into the season with a completely new defense - players AND coaches. We waited 35 years for Patrick Mahomes. Be freaking patient.
They didn’t free up all that cap space to sit on it. They’re going to make a move.

And Albright said they would probably settle for a 2nd.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #72
sorta mod-ish

If he can be a net positive for the defense you absolutely make the trade, especially considering the control you would have over him and that contract.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #73
Starter

If you’re the fins and shopping M. Fitzpatrick, would you take Ragland and our second 2nd rounder?
KentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutKentuckyChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

well, I would argue that the #32 pick and the #50ish pick...isn't really all that different in terms of talent. If Spagnuolo likes the kid and thinks he fits, make the deal. If he does, it allows you future cap flexibility in a couple of spots (Fuller/HB) and adds young talent.

I wouldn't think of him as a 3rd safety. I think positional flexibility is the idea here in this scheme. Think of him as a hybrid defensive back and probably like the second or third best player in the secondary.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #75
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Fitzpatrick makes the most sense from the perspective of wanting to pay Mahomes and Jones soon. That’s harder if you go with PP.

Idk I think it’s a Veach move all day long.