Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-15-2019, 06:29 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

Ten Things About Today's Game: Week 2: KC 28 Faid 10

Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 2: KC 28 Faid 10

10. I had worry about this game because of my years of watching KC blow games they should win in the Black Hole. I hate that dumpster fire of a stadium, and I’m so glad we’ll never have to play in that tarp covered open sewer ever again. Good riddance. At least it was a 75 degree day and not a sauna like last week in Jax. And after having to travel coast to coast in the course of a week, there was a lot of reason for concern. Nice that we won the toss and deferred, so we got the ball to start the second half. The first quarter belonged to the Raiders, second quarter to Mahomie, and the second half to neither team. This is the first time in the history of KC playing Oakland that they’ve had a scoreless half. That’s pretty amazing. A win is a win (Just Win Baby, you black and silver douche bags), especially in division, but there’s a lot to discuss, much that needs to be fixed, and much to praise. When the Chiefs got down Ten to Zip I wasn’t losing my mind, because for the first time since Joe Montana, we have a dynamic leader who can put the team on his back and will them to win. He’s the damn NFL league MVP, and he played that way with a wobbly wheel.

9. The first quarter was concerning in many ways. KC gave up big yardage on first down runs and was having a real hard time getting stops on third down. It looked like Grandpa Bob's Defense. Jones made a nice play in the first Oakland drive to force a field goal. Chuckie’s gonna have to learn you’re not going to beat this Chiefs team with Field Goals. This ain’t three years ago, and Alex Smith is NOT our QB. Oakland’s TD drive was aided by a lack of pass rush, missed tackles and a DPI on Honey Badger. KC offense looked lethargic during the whole first quarter. Fisher tried to go and couldn’t. Erving came in and the Chiefs couldn’t run the ball, at all.

8. Second quarter, Mahomie dials up DRobb on a 44 yard TD pass on the very first play to get KC back in the fight. Hardman’s 42 yard TD was on a third and 20 after a holding call on the KC O line. Kelce for a 27 yard TD was a perfect pass, and DRobb’s final TD with 40 seconds left in the half was a thing of beauty.

7. The Raiders were a typical stupid Raiders team to help beat themselves. Chuckie made a challenge in the first quarter that he lost, and it cost him a valuable time out. On the final Raiders drive of the half, Carr throws a ball down the middle with no time outs left, not enough time for the team to spike the ball for a field goal attempt. Stupid clock management. Several third and manageable calls went to third and long because of Raiders players jumping offside IN THEIR OWN STADIUM! In the second half, Carr threw two momentum killing picks; one on a fade pass thrown horribly that Breeland picked; and another to Ward when his receiver fell down. The fade pick to Breeland is really a head scratcher, especially when Jacobs had ripped off a 50 yard run earlier in the drive and the Raiders had pushed KC off the ball rushing all day long. Raiders had a total of seven penalties for 52 yards, and all of them were critical momentum killers.

6. Mahomie’s second quarter was epic. 278 passing yards and 4 TDs in the first half…wow. He ended up with 446 total passing yards, 4 TDs and no picks -but did have one fumble just because he held the ball a tick too long. He would have had a fifth TD for 72 yards had it not been called back for Shady holding. It was an understandable hold, as McCoy was trying to keep Mahomes from getting killed by a blitzing linebacker. Mahomes spread the ball to seven different receivers, and Kelce had his third 100 plus yard game in a row vs. Oakland. His grabs helped move the chains on multiple third and longs.

5. This was our worst special teams day in a long time. Colquitt was not good. He only averaged 39 yards per punt. Chiefs punt return effort was awful. DAT fielded a punt on the three yard line and we got a holding penalty to move the ball to the KC 5 yard line to start a drive. KC had holding penalties on three different punt returns. Total penalties were 10 for 114 yards. That’s way too many, and if we do that against a better team -like next week against Baltimore, for example- they’re gonna get beat. Only ST guy who showed up this week was Buttkicker. He was perfect again this week.

4. Carr is career 2 and 9 vs. KC, and his only two wins were in Oakland on Thursday Night football. And one of those the refs gave him like seven chances to throw a TD inside the 10 yard line. So, as long was we don’t have to play Carr on a Thursday Night in Oakland, we’re probably gonna beat his ass. I don’t think any more Thursday Night games are scheduled for KC and Oakland, so that’s a good thing. Andy is now 22-3 vs the AFC West over the past four years, and all three losses are from Thursday Night games. Phyllis Rivers beat us on a last second pass at Arrowhead on a Thursday Night. BTW: Phyllis LOST to the Detroit Lions today. Actually the entire AFC West LOST today except us. So two weeks in, we’ve separated from the pack and lead the AFC West.

3. Chiefs running game was anemic today. Don’t know if that’s because Fisher was out, or if Oakland was keying on McCoy, but we only had 31 yards rushing. Damian Williams also banged his knee in the second half. But when your QB throws for just shy of 450 yards, who cares? Mahomie set a record today as he’s now thrown three TDs in each of his last seven road games. That’s an NFL Record.

2. Chiefs Defense did a nice job shutting out Oakland for the final three quarters. Several players had great stops at critical times, including Fuller, Jones, K-Pass and Clark. I think as each week goes by, Spags D will start to jell as they get more time playing together. Oakland’s only passing TD was because of some confusion in our defensive secondary. But I tell you what, Oakland’s secondary looked a lot like ours looked last year; and now that Mahomes torching them is on tape, it’s going to be a long year for Chuckie trying to stop guys like Phyllis who they have yet to face. Raiders also looked like they were in poor condition. Several of their players left the game, including Burfict. Only Chiefs injury looks like Damian Williams (knee) and Shady dinged an ankle, and hopefully neither guy is hurt bad. Also Erving may have been knicked up, but he played the whole game once Fisher went out. Fisher may be out for a couple weeks. At least he tried to go, and I admire him for that. Mahomes was probably at around 80 percent on his gimpy ankle, but obviously that was enough to beat Chuckie’s Raiders.

1. So next we get our home opener against a tough Baltimore team. If not for a miracle catch last year by Tyreek, we probably would have lost to them last year at Arrowhead, and if anything Jackson is a much better QB this year. Ravens had a hard time overcoming Arizona and their rookie QB Kyler Murray, and Mahomes is much more experienced now. Should be another epic matchup between undefeated teams. It will probably be another tight battle, but we’ll have the 12 man advantage of the Arrowhead Crowd. Chiefs are off to a great start with back to back wins against AFC opponents, and one AFC West Road win already. So far, so good!

Last edited by gblowfish; 09-16-2019 at 06:36 AM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #76
Bring it on Ahab!

It was hard to argue on the 72 yard TD to Hardman.

McCoy got the call, but he was one of three chiefs blatantly holding.

Which was the right thing. They were beat, and don't let them hit our ****ing golden ticket.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #77
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

Which was the right thing. They were beat, and don't let them hit our ****ing golden ticket.
Yep, there's a time when holding is absolutely the right thing to do. DPI to stop a sure TD, and tackling a blitzer to keep your QB from getting killed, especially in the fourth QTR with an 18 point lead. Shady's a vet, and he knows what the deal is.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #78
Spiraling down the Drain

Always the best! Thanks George!
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #79
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
This was going on in my mind the whole game. Where has the Damien Williams from the end of last season gone too?

George great post as always!
Haven't seen the All-22 yet, but it seemed as though the Faiders were lining up about 200 guys on the line. Dropping some at the snap, but crowding the line for sure. That sort of front can cause problems for a zone blocking scheme since there aren't really any zones ... just a mass of dudes all crunched up together.

It may be an "explanation", but it's not an "excuse". If we can't block out a run play against a front like that, you can expect to see a lot of it moving forward.

That may work out ok for us since we can throw it over the top. On the other hand, rushing is important. If an enemy can completely eliminate that threat, it makes the pass game much, much more difficult. It would be interesting to hear from Schwartz or someone who can explain what the issues actually were.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #80
Supporter

I agree that stadium sucks. Guys like Fescoe are sad to see it go. WTF? Why? I say to Hell with that pit! I'm ecstatic that the Chiefs will never have to play in that cesspool ever again.

I can't wait to be there to watch the home opener next week.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #81
In Search of a Life

Williams has almost 100 yards recieving. He’s our James White
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #82
Be Kind To Your Pets

One of the things that make me crazy is a QB throwing short of the sticks on 3rd and managable. For years, KC QBs would throw six yard passes on third and nine. Mahomes never seems to do that. He may throw an incompletion, but it at least was past the marker and had a chance to move the chains. I can live with that.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #83
I don’t care for Auburn

Three or four more years of this level of production by Mahomes and I think you can already start sizing up his Hall of Fame jacket.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #84
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 2: KC 28 Faid 10

10. I had worry about this game because of my years of watching KC blow games they should win in the Black Hole. I hate that dumpster fire of a stadium, and I’m so glad we’ll never have to play in that tarp covered open sewer ever again. Good riddance.

When the Chiefs got down Ten to Zip I wasn’t losing my mind, because for the first time since Joe Montana, we have a dynamic leader who can put the team on his back and will them to win. He’s the damn NFL league MVP, and he played that way with a wobbly wheel.

YES AND YES!

9. The first quarter was concerning in many ways.

KC's defense NEVER seems to start strong. They seem to see what's happening, let teams get going and then turn things on.

7. The Raiders were a typical stupid Raiders team to help beat themselves. Raiders had a total of seven penalties for 52 yards, and all of them were critical momentum killers.

I have become so accustomed to the Faiders starting to melt down in the second half of every game we play against them. It's their tradition over the last 20-25 years.

6. Mahomie’s second quarter was epic. 278 passing yards and 4 TDs in the first half…wow. He ended up with 446 total passing yards, 4 TDs and no picks

That was incredible on every level.

5. This was our worst special teams day in a long time. Colquitt was not good.

Penalties, penalties, penalties. It's the same 'ol song and dance with ST. Colquitt looks like he is on the downside of a great career and it's time to find a replacement. He's been shit for the last 14-16 games.

4. Carr is career 2 and 9 vs. KC, and his only two wins were in Oakland on Thursday Night football. And one of those the refs gave him like seven chances to throw a TD inside the 10 yard line.

We own that crybaby just like the other tear jerker Rivers!

3. Chiefs running game was anemic today.

Hard to run against a team that puts 8-10 guys on the line and dares you to throw over the top of them. We did just that and they lost!

2. Chiefs Defense did a nice job shutting out Oakland for the final three quarters. Several players had great stops at critical times, including Fuller, Jones, K-Pass and Clark. I think as each week goes by, Spags D will start to jell as they get more time playing together.

Our D started out a little slow and unsure but they all did their jobs and came together real well. Tackling was GREAT and the only weak spot was still the 8-12 yard routes in a soft zone. I worry about that against Tom Brady playing them in NE.

1. So next we get our home opener against a tough Baltimore team. It will probably be another tight battle, but we’ll have the 12 man advantage of the Arrowhead Crowd. Chiefs are off to a great start with back to back wins against AFC opponents, and one AFC West Road win already. So far, so good!

I hate the RAVENS immensely and want a HUGE win. Looks like best matchup for Week 3.
Very glad George that we are still blessed with your 10 Things and one item you didn't touch on as the Raiders killing themselves with multiple OP's trying to literally block a DB in front of the refs. They weren't even disguised as a Patriot's cheat rub rub, these were blatant blocks and picks. What a bunch of idiots.

I'm going to call my 'ol friend from the Oakland Raiders today Phil Villapiano and get his thoughts.......

Thanks Gblowfish and have fun next week at Arrowhead!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #85
Threepeat!

Hats off to George. His consistent excellence is a huge plus for CP.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #86
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
7. The Raiders were a typical stupid Raiders team to help beat themselves. Chuckie made a challenge in the first quarter that he lost, and it cost him a valuable time out. On the final Raiders drive of the half, Carr throws a ball down the middle with no time outs left, not enough time for the team to spike the ball for a field goal attempt. Stupid clock management. Several third and manageable calls went to third and long because of Raiders players jumping offside IN THEIR OWN STADIUM! In the second half, Carr threw two momentum killing picks; one on a fade pass thrown horribly that Breeland picked; and another to Ward when his receiver fell down. The fade pick to Breeland is really a head scratcher, especially when Jacobs had ripped off a 50 yard run earlier in the drive and the Raiders had pushed KC off the ball rushing all day long. Raiders had a total of seven penalties for 52 yards, and all of them were critical momentum killers.
I also couldn't believe Chucky punted on 4th and less than a yard from the 50. Didn't even think about it.

You gotta take chances like that vs. Mahomes - who then proceeded to mount a 95-yard soul-crushing drive.

He also could have challenged the spot if he hadn't burnt one on a stupid DPI challenge.

It kinda felt to me like Gruden gave up on this game once he lost the lead. It's crazy to have a team that good that the other team just capitulates.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #87
MVP

George - for the life of me I can't understand why the Star or some other publication hasn't offered you a job....outstanding.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #88
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

Truth
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

Congrats to Carr- as he threw more interceptions than TD's- he broke the Fader All-Time Passing yards leader.

He is the #1 pos Fader now!!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #90
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
For next year bring on the Los Vegas Raiders. We will double down on Vegas and own that town too.

You DO bring up an interesting point, however. One can't help but wonder how long it will be before a Raider player will be caught in the casino betting AGAINST the raiders.....
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.