Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #8296
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Creamy Dijon Chicken with peas, carrots and brown rice.

One of my favorite comfort foods.
Looks delicious but would probably blow my diet out of the water!

This was dinner tonight, 2 bags for only 460 calories.....

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #8297
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #8298
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Looks delicious but would probably blow my diet out of the water!

This was dinner tonight, 2 bags for only 460 calories.....
Substitute quinoa for the rice and it would work for a paleo diet—but not low cal. Or skip the grain altogether and have a salad. I use half n' half instead of the heavy cream the recipe calls for.

Nice to know about that package of veggies and beans you posted though. It looks good.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #8299
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Creamy Dijon Chicken with peas, carrots and brown rice.

One of my favorite comfort foods.
Recipe? That looks legit.

My millet is up and looking good.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #8300
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Recipe? That looks legit.
It's an old recipe of mine and I don't remember it as it was written, I mainly just ad lib it to taste these days.

Simply flatten 2 chicken breasts with a mallet. I sautee the breasts in olive oil to brown it, then set it aside. Near the end I add a tiny bit of butter for flavor. I lid it for a few, so some juices spill out and get the inside to cook through. Then remove them and set aside when done.

Then I just toss in some light cream into the same pan using lite cream/coffee cream or half n' half. Just about enough to coat two breasts and a bit more, then add some Dijon mustard—maybe a tablespoon, until it thickens. It thickens fast so watch it and use about a med low heat or it curdles.

Then return breasts to the pan to coat and heat up, drop in some frozen peas. ( Don't cook them first as they will overcook). I only add the frozen peas to the brown rice once it's done too, then lid that pan again, for a short bit. It's all you need to cook them—just a little heat.

If your pan gets no juice and you get carmelization, just add a bit of water or broth to loosen it the bits...and you'll have some juice. Or do that before you lid the chicken and you'll get some liquid. Careful, you don't need much, just enough to add some flavor to the cream sauce. I mean a little or it affects the cream's consistency.

I toss some Herbes de Provence to top it off when I plate it, but even tarragon works. Or even savory can work. A few times I've added a small pinch of onion powder or garlic powder but very, very little. Not sure if I care for that, but experiment and see what you like. Didn't use it this time.

Quote:
My millet is up and looking good.
Great! Think of all those Celiacs and wheat-allergics you're helping.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #8301
I like Pie!

Last nights dinner and taco tuesday.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170613_220215 (2).jpg
Views:	449
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	114557  
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #8302
Mod Team

The current wife and I are having a heated argument tonight.

Does worcestershire sauce need to be refrigerated once open?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #8303
Supporter

I always do. If it does it should say on the label.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #8304
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

Not required, recommended for 'best flavor.'

It's shelf stable.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #8305
Baba Ganoush

Quote:

I refrigerate worcestershire, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #8306
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I always do. If it does it should say on the label.
It says nothing, hence the argument.

You guys know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?

A: nothing. You already told her twice.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #8307
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:

I never have. It's never gone bad either.

Q:
Is it necessary to refrigerate Worcestershire sauce after opening?
A:
Worcestershire sauce does not need to be refrigerated once the bottle has been opened, as there is nothing that can spoil in the condiment. There is a school of thought that Worcestershire sauce should be refrigerated if it is used infrequently, but this does not add to its shelf life.

Full Answer

An unopened bottle of Worcestershire sauce will last indefinitely while an opened bottle of Worcestershire sauce will be good for up to 4 years. However, even after that time, the sauce does not go bad. What occurs is that flavors begin to mute and do not serve as well as an ingredient after that time. For best storage, keep the bottle of Worcestershire sauce in a cool dry place, such as in a food pantry. As with many prepared foods, the bottle should avoid temperature fluctuations or direct sunlight.

https://www.reference.com/food/neces...e77d1e455764b8

Gee, I don't live in a cool dry place. Perhaps, I should store it 6 feet underground?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #8308
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
It says nothing, hence the argument.

You guys know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?

A: nothing. You already told her twice.
You should know by now, as a married man, you will never win an argument with a woman.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #8309
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
I refrigerate worcestershire, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce.
I do teriyaki because mine is homemade. I also refrigerate oyster and fish sauce. I don't refrigerate vinegar though. You don't have to. It will keep. It even kills bacteria and germs. I clean with a fair amount of vinegar.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #8310
Gimme My Berries Back!

Using up some foods that may be hanging around too long if I don't. So Ziti with meatballs, sauce and impored Parmigiano-Reggiano—the best of the best on top.

I know, I bury the meatballs in sauce and you can't see them that well. I keep forgetting to move them around to the top for the picture. Oh, well. I like mine small but there's more than a few under there.

Ziti is a rice and corn blend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ziti & Meatballs.png
Views:	418
Size:	698.9 KB
ID:	114559