Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Old 03-28-2020, 08:00 AM  
MVP

Coronavirus spreading in The Villages

TALLAHASSEE — At least five residents from The Villages have contracted the coronavirus through community spread or close contact with someone else who had the virus, according to the Florida Department of Health in Sumter County.

The Villages is a rapidly growing retirement community of more than 50,000 residents that spans three north central Florida counties. Most of the community is in Sumter County, where 29 people have tested positive for the virus as of Friday.

At least 16 of the 29 residents who tested positive had contracted the virus while traveling, and another eight residents remained under investigation.

Five residents either became infected through the community, or after having close contact with someone who also tested positive, Megan McCarthy, a DOH Sumter County spokesperson, said.

At least 34 people in Florid have died from Covid-19 and at least 2,900 people have been infected, according to the state Department of Health.

The Villages last week became one of the first locations in the state to receive a 250-bed mobile hospital from the Florida Division of Emergency Services.

McCarthy said The Villages has closed facilities and outdoor squares where residents typically congregate for events.

“Even the dog park has been closed down — any place where people might end up in close contact,” McCarthy said.

Gov. Ron DeSantis opened a mobile testing site in The Villages on Monday through a partnership with University of Florida Health. Testing capabilities there are faster than other sites around the state. A university official said during a Monday news conference that test results can be returned in about an hour.

Part of The Villages extends into Lake County, where 24 people have tested positive for the virus. Efforts to reach the health department office there were unsuccessful.

A small part of the community is in Marion County, where eight people have tested positive. It wasn’t known if they were Villages residents, said Christy Jergens, a spokesperson for the Florida Department of Health in Marion County.

The governor's office did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.politico.com/states/flor...llages-1269421
Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.Merde Furieux is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #16
Veteran

Hope this guy is ok:

Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.Snopes Hammer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #17
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
There's a board member here, who lives in The Villages.
Yeah pretty sure thats Deep Purple
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #18
FINALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer View Post
Hope this guy is ok:

Odds on that being Rent a Troll?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #19
Debunking your bullshit

Florida residents pack into megachurch after pastor promises he can cure coronavirus

those people will believe anything

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...ing-in-america

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/flo...e-coronavirus/
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:03 PM   #20
O.M.G. My Avy's a.gif!

It's not just spreading in the Villages, but Florida cases are growing fast.

Here’s what that means.
Experts say the epidemic in Florida is already past the point of easy containment.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida is doubling every three days, putting the state on a trajectory to see tens of thousands of infections in the coming weeks, a Tampa Bay Times analysis shows.

But at this point, experts say the math is simple. The number of cases is already past the point of easy containment and infections are growing faster and faster, at what statisticians call an exponential rate.

Without dramatic steps, they worry that the epidemic will balloon across Florida and place an unprecedented strain on hospitals and health clinics....

“We do understand the math and the models well enough to say with great confidence that Florida is going to have a huge public health crisis,” Hladish said. “And we are just at the beginning of it right now.”...

Deaths, which climbed past 50 Saturday morning, take longer to appear in the data. The people who died recently were likely exposed to the virus in early March.

“What we are seeing today is where the epidemic was three weeks ago,” said José Szapocznik, a professor of public health sciences at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine....

So the incubation period of the virus started weeks ago and now is coming to a head.

My County, Pinellas and Hillsborough have been shut down as of last Thursday at Noon. There have been so many elderly Boomers who have moved into my county the past three years—for what is the most dense county in the country. Can you imagine how that would strain our hospitals with that age group being more at risk? We had them before, but this part of Florida was more family orientated and there weren't as many as there are now. I'd say it's tripled at least. Heck, when I stayed in a shelter for Hurricane Irma just a few years ago, there were quite a few 90 year old women. Three slept right next to me in lounge chairs, while I slept on the floor.

Some public health experts say it will take the more extreme step of shutting down the state to halt the disease’s rapid spread in Florida. Nine hundred Florida healthcare workers had signed a petition by Friday asking for the same thing.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...at-that-means/
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux View Post
This is another example of your dishonesty.

In another post, you say the same thing that I've implied multiple time on this forum:
You implied it has something to do with being gay. Your quoting me doesn’t have me saying anything about that. Your post remains blatantly ridiculous.
banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.banyon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #22
O.M.G. My Avy's a.gif!

Why the color type, banyon. There's hardly any contrast, making it harder to read. Do you think it makes more people ready type like that?
I still haven't despite seeing it numerous times.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It's not just spreading in the Villages, but Florida cases are growing fast.

Here’s what that means.
Experts say the epidemic in Florida is already past the point of easy containment.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida is doubling every three days, putting the state on a trajectory to see tens of thousands of infections in the coming weeks, a Tampa Bay Times analysis shows.

But at this point, experts say the math is simple. The number of cases is already past the point of easy containment and infections are growing faster and faster, at what statisticians call an exponential rate.

Without dramatic steps, they worry that the epidemic will balloon across Florida and place an unprecedented strain on hospitals and health clinics....

“We do understand the math and the models well enough to say with great confidence that Florida is going to have a huge public health crisis,” Hladish said. “And we are just at the beginning of it right now.”...

Deaths, which climbed past 50 Saturday morning, take longer to appear in the data. The people who died recently were likely exposed to the virus in early March.

“What we are seeing today is where the epidemic was three weeks ago,” said José Szapocznik, a professor of public health sciences at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine....

So the incubation period of the virus started weeks ago and now is coming to a head.

My County, Pinellas and Hillsborough have been shut down as of last Thursday at Noon. There have been so many elderly Boomers who have moved into my county the past three years—for what is the most dense county in the country. Can you imagine how that would strain our hospitals with that age group being more at risk? We had them before, but this part of Florida was more family orientated and there weren't as many as there are now. I'd say it's tripled at least. Heck, when I stayed in a shelter for Hurricane Irma just a few years ago, there were quite a few 90 year old women. Three slept right next to me in lounge chairs, while I slept on the floor.

Some public health experts say it will take the more extreme step of shutting down the state to halt the disease’s rapid spread in Florida. Nine hundred Florida healthcare workers had signed a petition by Friday asking for the same thing.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...at-that-means/

Quite frankly I think that it's past that point in nearly every state at this time.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #24
O.M.G. My Avy's a.gif!

That is freakin' SCAREY!

I'm going to stop going to the grocery story daily just for odds and ends for my recipes.