Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You know it's like 1 step forward 2 steps back, I'm basically a month in with this new service and I'm ****ing frustrated. My last service/modem was for basically 300 down, I always got that speed consistently, no drops always worked no issue.

Now with this one my speeds are all over the ****ing place, it drops, my speeds are shit, I have a printer that is online then off then on then off, I'm pissed.
Cable internet is terrible. You are sharing bandwidth with all your neighbors. So when everyone is on, you won't be able to get anywhere near the advertised speeds.

The small print admits to all that, so you have no real recourse.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Cable internet is terrible. You are sharing bandwidth with all your neighbors. So when everyone is on, you won't be able to get anywhere near the advertised speeds.

Why is a gigabit modem/router giving me worse speeds than a 300mbps one?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Why is a gigabit modem/router giving me worse speeds than a 300mbps one?
It's possible it's not the right kind of modem for your cable signal. They're supposed to be backwards compatible but they aren't always foolproof.

Have them replace your cable modem for starters.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's possible it's not the right kind of modem for your cable signal. They're supposed to be backwards compatible but they aren't always foolproof.

Have them replace your cable modem for starters.
It's been replaced once....

I'm not super knowledgeable about modems but it's this...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/6/21...urity-ces-2020

If you know anything about it that would be great.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

I hope you are not so stupid to think that a simple waterproof connection not being waterproof couldn't be the problem. You are responsible for inside your house and Comcast will test it up to that point for free.

You should log the time and dates when you are not getting acceptable service to be taken seriously.

PS Buy the gig service

Quote:

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #7
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
I hope you are not so stupid to think that a simple waterproof connection not being waterproof couldn't be the problem. You are responsible for inside your house and Comcast will test it up to that point for free.

You should log the time and dates when you are not getting acceptable service to be taken seriously.

PS Buy the gig service
What was that babble about? Good God man.

As to service, if you could read and comprehend, you would see above that I have ATT's gigabit fiber service. Get the advertised speeds, have no issues as I always did with cable with slowdowns, and am paying just $60/month all fees included.

BTW, I did let Cox, who is the cable ripoff provider in my city, know times and speeds to no avail. They just pointed to the fine print.

Cable internet SUCKS. Unless your provider is using fiber.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #8
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Interesting. I'm not having that problem. At all. Now I wonder why.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.