Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2024, 10:11 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Aaron Donald retiring

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:40 AM   #61
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Everyone forgets about John Randle in the discussion for the best pass-rushing DT of all time. Reggie White played DE, primarily. Aaron Donald still doesn't trump Randle for me but he was ****ing good.
Man, Randle was a dawg.

I know that I am lumping positions together, but at the GOAT level for defensive linemen, it should just be defensive linemen and not DE vs DT, because I think it's hard to match play styles from era to era. What defensive linemen are asked to do now, is a lot different than any time in the past.

But, yeah, Randle was amazing.

But, there are so many incredible defensive linemen, and I just can't buy AD as the GOAT.

Reggie White
Bruce Smith
John Randle
Buck Buchanan
Lee Roy Selman
Merlin Olsen
Deacon Jones
Mean Joe Greene

That's just off the top of my head, but I don't see AD being that much better than any of those guys, and I am sure all the ones I can't think of.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:23 PM   #62
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

I would say offer the rams a 5th and see if Donald will unretire a champion. Line up next to Jones.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:19 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Man, Randle was a dawg.

I know that I am lumping positions together, but at the GOAT level for defensive linemen, it should just be defensive linemen and not DE vs DT, because I think it's hard to match play styles from era to era. What defensive linemen are asked to do now, is a lot different than any time in the past.

But, there are so many incredible defensive linemen, and I just can't buy AD as the GOAT.

Reggie White
Bruce Smith
John Randle
Buck Buchanan
Lee Roy Selman
Merlin Olsen
Deacon Jones
Mean Joe Greene

That's just off the top of my head, but I don't see AD being that much better than any of those guys, and I am sure all the ones I can't think of.
Minnesota may have had the best DLine ever in the early 90s with Chris Doleman, Henry Thomas, and John Randle. All 3 were absolute game-wreckers. It's a shame they were only all together for a few years.

Randle had 137.5 career sacks. Thomas had 93.5, and Doleman had 150.5.

Doleman gets forgotten in the annals too, he's 5th all-time in sacks.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:45 PM   #64
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Man, Randle was a dawg.

Reggie White
Bruce Smith
John Randle
Buck Buchanan
Lee Roy Selman
Merlin Olsen
Deacon Jones
Mean Joe Greene

And I would add Bob Lily, Allen page and JJ Waltt to that list. I think he’s one of the top defensive lineman, but I don’t think he stands out above these others.

And he is certainly not the top defensive player. No way he ranks above Lawrence Taylor.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:06 AM   #65
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Reggie White would do it with one arm.
To be fair Pennel did it with one arm on three different occasions in the SB.

When he feels like it that dude can beast...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.