Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2024, 07:49 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Vikings make draft trade with Texans

Getting capital for a QB

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:49 AM   #76
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Bo Nix is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence… he was in college forever.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:00 PM   #77
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Certainly possible, even if I think it's unlikely.

You just rarely see teams trade down then take a QB. Usually, you're just going to take your guy and not **** around.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised then if it's:

Bears - Caleb Williams
Redskins - Jayden Daniels
Pats - J.J. McCarthy
Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr.
Chargers - Trade down with the Vikings.

The Chargers could still get a top WR at 11 if they wanted and add another pick to grab another player.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:01 PM   #78
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post

Bears - Caleb Williams
Pats - J.J. McCarthy

The Chargers could still get a top WR at 11 if they wanted and add another pick to grab another player.
Yea I could definitely see it playing out like this.

Vikings would be ecstatic to only have to trade up to 5 to get Maye.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:15 PM   #79
World's finest morphius

100% a move to get a QB. A lot of teams in need, and Denver right there also looking. Need this trade capital to move up and stay ahead of them.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 PM   #80
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I don't think it would be nuts at all. Yeah, trading a guy like Herbert is rarely done in the NFL, the kid, while good, is expensive and you have not won shit with him, and on top of that you are in cap hell.

You have to look at this like you're Harbaugh.

You are walking into a situation where you are paying top end QB money now, don't have dick for offensive weapons. The quickest way to turn it around is trading Herbert.

The Chargers with Picks 5, 11, 23, 37, 69, 105, 110 scares me a whole lot more that the Chargers with Herbert.

It would allow the team to get whatever QB they want, inject a ton of talent at WR, and fix their cap in one offseason. It would jump start their rebuild overnight.
Only half would be healthy mid season...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:18 PM   #81
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post

Bears - Caleb Williams
Pats - J.J. McCarthy

Giants at 6 will be very interesting. Rich Eisen said he heard all over the combine that the Giants were done with Daniel Jones.

Chargers pick will be very coveted. They might just move down 1 spot and still get Nabers or Odunze will get extra picks.

Broncos sitting on the outside is the best part. Especially since the Chargers would never want to help them
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:44 PM   #82
Mod Team

Vikings want Maye. McCown coached him before.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:07 PM   #83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right - that's always why these guys can't get traded.

I mean I guess Herbert could completely rip up his deal and figure out some way to convert those option bonuses into guaranteed salary that travels with him to his new team, but lord that would be complicated.

And frankly, if the option bonuses have already been paid for some reason (maybe they have and the cap hits are pro-rated out for accounting reasons; option bonuses have always been beyond my pay grade), even that wouldn't work. Those are set in stone.

Herbert's not getting traded.
Do the option bonuses not carry over to the new team? I would have assumed that they would but... I guess not. Over the cap says that they could do a post June 1 trade and save space but I don't know how that would work either. But a pre June 1 trade says the eat like 80 mil in dead cap.

Also, herbie has himself a no trade clause. So it's pretty well all mute regardless.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-15-2024, 03:36 PM   #84
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Chargers are going get pick 11, 23 and probably more. ****
Who cares. They lost Ekelor, Allen and Williams.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:40 PM   #85
I love your mom

Sounds like Pats only like 2/3 of the top QBs and might trade out depending.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:43 PM   #86
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Vikings want Maye. McCown coached him before.
Probably need to get up to Washington at 2, then.

And strangely, Washington may be the team that least needs to get a QB.

Oh not because they don't need one, but because they're not a QB away from being relevant. So if they could get both 1sts this year from Minnesota AND next year's 1st from them, that might actually be a deal worth making for them.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:55 PM   #87
YOU take YOUR seat

looks like a pretty good deal for the Vikings, kinda weird that the Texans would do that.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:57 PM   #88
Generational Player

I like McCarthy.

Could see Payton preferring him to Daniels for his system.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:00 PM   #89
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
Do the option bonuses not carry over to the new team? I would have assumed that they would but... I guess not. Over the cap says that they could do a post June 1 trade and save space but I don't know how that would work either. But a pre June 1 trade says the eat like 80 mil in dead cap.

Also, herbie has himself a no trade clause. So it's pretty well all mute regardless.
Mute is not the same as moot.

Chargers are AFCW preseason media champs again!
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2024, 12:25 AM   #90
Starter

I don’t think this was a good deal for Houston. They dropped down over 20 spots in the draft. Hard to imagine they’ll get the same quality player. They are a team that still needs to keep building on the great strides they made last year. I don’t think they have the luxury of not bothering to optimize things this year to look at building up draft capital next year.

This is the second weird move Houston has made. I don’t understand why they got Mixon in free agency when other better running backs were available.

On the other hand, they have done a good job in improving their DL.

Last year there moves where flawless. Doesn’t look that way this year.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.