Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #16186
Cheat Death

Tri-tip with homemade broccoli slaw and sweet Hawaiian crescent rolls*

*these are a real thing sold at Aldis

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:03 PM   #16187
Gimme My Berries Back!

I made this—exactly this it looked, complete with thyme sprig but forgot to put the yogurt out.
'Cept I brined my chops first. Would make again.

It is not my pic because too much was goin' on when I was getting it ready. I mad strawberry shortcake for dessert with the berries macerated with a mix of sweetner, water and Grand Marnier. Nice meal outdoors by my pool here with beautiful Florida weather.

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 03-13-2021 at 08:08 PM..
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #16188
pie is never free

Three straight homeruns, this joint knows how to COOK
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:26 PM   #16189
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
The corn starch will thicken it for sure, but will the Kitchen Bouquet add to the "beefy" flavor?
Beef stock to start with with the meat?

I’m not a big pot roast guy specifically for the reasons you mentioned.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:28 PM   #16190
MVP

Arrowroot

Quote:
Question: I'm experimenting with a slow cooker pot roast. Now I don't like finding a bunch of funky connective tissue and shit in my roast so I've been using a lean London Broil/Top Round. To get a good tasting gravy with a decent thickness and flavor I've had to toss in a pack of dry gravy mix. My results:

How can I eliminate the need for the brown gravy mix? I've tried "Better Than Bouillon" and it adds a lot of the flavor that I'm looking for but it still has too much sodium.

Do I have to use a fattier cut of meat? If so, is there any way to avoid having to pick through the remaining fat and gunk after I'm finished cooking?

Goals:

1) a great tasting gravy with a sodium content low enough that every slug within a 50 mile radius doesn't immediately shrivel into non-existence.

or

2) A cut of meat that doesn't remind you of that scene in The Great Outdoors where John Candy has to eat a plate full of gristle and fat.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:30 PM   #16191
MVP

looks like you could pull the bones out and call it a McRib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

I've done baby backs in the instant pot followed by broiling a few times now.

I was too embarrassed to post here but they are pretty good and VERY easy!
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:34 PM
cooper barrett
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #16192
Supporter

Wife has been shirking her taco production responsibilities, so while she’s out visiting her parents, I stepped in.

I roasted a pablano, Carmelized some onions, and chopped a chipotle pepper to put in the meat.

Was good. Would eat again.

Local gal sells ridiculously good Mexican food out of a little shop in town. For the most part, it’s awesome.

She makes some picadillo burritos that are the ****ing answer, man. They’re so goddamned good. I’ve been dicking around trying to figure out wtf voodoo magic/ virgin sacrifice she puts in those things to make them the root of everything good in the world.

I’ve looked at different recipes for picadillo and they don’t appear to be even close.

If I could get somewhere in the neighborhood, 86 the potatoes, it would yield the best tacos in the history of mankind.

The search continues.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #16193
Cheat Death

Hit the Asian fusion spot for lunch today

Cambodian fried chicken with a pickled papaya salad and long beans

Straight fire sandwich but these post-burps are next level

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #16194
MVP

I just added this to my long list of culinary buy it for life purchases. This one was really cheap compared to most.

Spoiler!
Old 03-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #16195
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Arrowroot

Cool. I'll add it to my shopping list. Thanks!
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #16196
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Wife has been shirking her taco production responsibilities, so while she’s out visiting her parents, I stepped in.

I roasted a pablano, Carmelized some onions, and chopped a chipotle pepper to put in the meat.

Was good. Would eat again.

Local gal sells ridiculously good Mexican food out of a little shop in town. For the most part, it’s awesome.

She makes some picadillo burritos that are the ****ing answer, man. They’re so goddamned good. I’ve been dicking around trying to figure out wtf voodoo magic/ virgin sacrifice she puts in those things to make them the root of everything good in the world.

I’ve looked at different recipes for picadillo and they don’t appear to be even close.

If I could get somewhere in the neighborhood, 86 the potatoes, it would yield the best tacos in the history of mankind.

The search continues.
Ya just can't go wrong with a good ol taco, digging those giant shreds of cheese
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #16197
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Ya just can't go wrong with a good ol taco, digging those giant shreds of cheese
Yeah. That’s some Sargento Sharp Cheddar. When the wife started buying it I balked at the high dollar cheese. But it’s legitimately better.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #16198
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah. That’s some Sargento Sharp Cheddar. When the wife started buying it I balked at the high dollar cheese. But it’s legitimately better.

Do you live near a Food Lion by any chance? Their store brand cheddar cheese is an incredible value. IMO, the taste is as good as Boar's Head or Cracker Barrel cheddar, but at a fraction of the cost. I buy the 8oz unsliced blocks for $2.00.

^This only applies to their cheddar and maybe their jalapeno jack. After that I'm stuck with paying 11 bucks a pound for Boar's Head.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-14-2021, 05:30 PM   #16199
Supporter

Quote:
Do you live near a Food Lion by any chance? Their store brand cheddar cheese is an incredible value. IMO, the taste is as good as Boar's Head or Cracker Barrel cheddar, but at a fraction of the cost. I buy the 8oz unsliced blocks for $2.00.

^This only applies to their cheddar and maybe their jalapeno jack. After that I'm stuck with paying 11 bucks a pound for Boar's Head.
I live in ****ing nowhere.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #16200
MVP

That looks ****ing great. I do miss the windy city if just for just the food alone. but the ****ing rent would choke a horse. I used to head out the buildings front door and even in the eighties 2 blocks and there was good food and booze. Now with the brew scene, I need to make a pleasure week tour of breweries.

Last time I was there was in April and had a quick visit in Des Plaines and was out of there. ****ing scary shit.

Reservations for brews huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Hit the Asian fusion spot for lunch today

Cambodian fried chicken with a pickled papaya salad and long beans

Straight fire sandwich but these post-burps are next level