Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #15481
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
The drying off of Sous Vide is the key! Tasted great this time. Still deciding what temperature produces the right steak for me. This was a boneless NY strip cooked for 2 hours at 135 degrees, dried off and 1 minute per side in hot cast iron. Based on taste and texture, I'm not sure I'll ever be cooking a steak another way again.

OUTSTANDING brother. Welcome to the club!

Thanks FMB. Rest in peace!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #15482
MVP

Try cold smoking it before bagging, I think the steaks are better with the touch of wood smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
The drying off of Sous Vide is the key! Tasted great this time. Still deciding what temperature produces the right steak for me. This was a boneless NY strip cooked for 2 hours at 135 degrees, dried off and 1 minute per side in hot cast iron. Based on taste and texture, I'm not sure I'll ever be cooking a steak another way again.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #15483
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

Are roasted brussell sprouts your favorite vegetable? Just curious as I don't think I've ever seen anyone who features them in more pictures than you. (I'm a big fan of them myself; you should try air frying them--it is simply delicious.)
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #15484
Ultrabanned

They're my wife's favorite mostly. She requests them if I'm going to grill more than anything else. My air fryer is too small to try that out but I bet it gets them extra crunchy.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #15485
Suupraa Geniuuusss

So for anyone trying to make okra fries in your air fryer, use the dehydrate function, about 20 minutes, it looks like. I went over that and I've got blackened okra. Looks like I left them in too long by at least ten minutes.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:54 PM   #15486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
They're my wife's favorite mostly. She requests them if I'm going to grill more than anything else. My air fryer is too small to try that out but I bet it gets them extra crunchy.
Either way, they look awesome. Wow, I love those things.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #15487
Supporter

I'm at home with a cold today. I was rooting around in the fridge today looking for some bacon, because I wanted to cut it up, fry it and cook eggs with it. Well naturally the only bacon we had was frozen. So I found some salami and decided, "**** it, chuck it."

So I fried the salami in a touch of olive oil, cooked the eggs in it with some salt pepper and a little basil.

Surprisingly, it was good. Not as good as bacon, but surprisingly good. So hey, if you're in need of a poverty breakfast, give it a go.

Picture looks like shit, because scrambled eggs, but whatever.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #15488
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm at home with a cold today. I was rooting around in the fridge today looking for some bacon, because I wanted to cut it up, fry it and cook eggs with it. Well naturally the only bacon we had was frozen. So I found some salami and decided, "**** it, chuck it."

So I fried the salami in a touch of olive oil, cooked the eggs in it with some salt pepper and a little basil.

Surprisingly, it was good. Not as good as bacon, but surprisingly good. So hey, if you're in need of a poverty breakfast, give it a go.

Picture looks like shit, because scrambled eggs, but whatever.

I always keep a few cans of corned beef hash around for these occasions.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #15489
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I always keep a few cans of corned beef hash around for these occasions.
That’s a great idea.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:23 PM   #15490
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Note: For anyone thinking of trying Nutri-System, mostly the food is pretty good, but a couple things to steer away from when picking your meals. the Chicken Paella dinner and the Nacho Puffs aren't very good. One tastes like what you'd imagine canned cat food tastes like, and the other tastes like crunchy styrofoam.

That's it for now. I'll post updates as they become available.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #15491
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Just by the names I'd think I would steer away from those meals in the first place
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:58 PM   #15492
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Just by the names I'd think I would steer away from those meals in the first place
Ha, yeah maybe your right. I like Paella, properly cooked or if I make it myself, but this stuff was just awful. And nacho puffs are supposed to be a diet version of cheese puffs, but they aren't even close. Most of the substitute foods they have are kind of close or even really close, but the nacho puffs were not, not at all.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:00 PM   #15493
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Ha, yeah maybe your right. I like Paella, properly cooked or if I make it myself, but this stuff was just awful. And nacho puffs are supposed to be a diet version of cheese puffs, but they aren't even close. Most of the substitute foods they have are kind of close or even really close, but the nacho puffs were not, not at all.
I would bet not
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #15494
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
I would bet not
I guess it was bound to happen. Out of the 70-80 NS meals I've eaten at least a few were going to be trash. I guess the real surprise is that more than a dozen have actually been pretty good.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #15495

Back to the Sous Vide conversation. This guy pretty-much gets it right.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote