Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:25 PM   #15376
MVP

Brussels sprouts are like weeds to grow.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #15377
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Half eaten because everyone was hungry and fine china because I didn't want to do more dishes.

First try at pastichio and it came out fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Slappy style?

Spoiler!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:09 AM   #15378
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Before. Ugh.
You basically injected the bacon with salt. The salt and pepper on the outside is to DRAW the moisture out and intensify the flavor.

Another no-no is to cook multiple corned beefs one after another in the same pot for St Pattys Day. You need fresh cold water for EACH
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #15379
Ultrabanned

Quote:
I did Sous Vide chicken tonight (always friggin awesome!!!), and some Brussels sprouts, I'm not sure I nailed it like you did (no bacon), but man-oh-man were they good. THANK YOU for reminding me how much I love me some Brussels sprouts!
They're good just roasted with some salt pepper and garlic powder too. You actually turned me onto that Normandy mix from Costco that kicks ass roasted also.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #15380
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
They're good just roasted with some salt pepper and garlic powder too. You actually turned me onto that Normandy mix from Costco that kicks ass roasted also.
I basically do the Costco Normandy or Stir Fry mix every night. Pan fry either one, they are both fantastic.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #15381
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You basically injected the bacon with salt. The salt and pepper on the outside is to DRAW the moisture out and intensify the flavor.

Another no-no is to cook multiple corned beefs one after another in the same pot for St Pattys Day. You need fresh cold water for EACH
The next one will be better!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #15382
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
The next one will be better!
You may have to try both but I would also WASH off the salt cure with cold water BEFORE you sous vide it or else it may become an encapsulated salt bomb.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #15383

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You may have to try both but I would also WASH off the salt cure with cold water BEFORE you sous vide it or else it may become an encapsulated salt bomb.
Oh, the pork belly will be smoked again, and I not only washed it off last time, I scrubbed it with a veggie brush to make sure I got all the salt, thyme, and other junk off. That's why it was such a let-down. The next try will use less salt, no slicing through the top fat, a little more brown sugar, a touch more maple syrup, a few more drops of bourbon, and a 7-day sure instead of 10 days. We'll see if that's the magic. What's the worst that could happen?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #15384
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Oh, the pork belly will be smoked again, and I not only washed it off last time, I scrubbed it with a veggie brush to make sure I got all the salt, thyme, and other junk off. That's why it was such a let-down. The next try will use less salt, no slicing through the top fat, a little more brown sugar, a touch more maple syrup, a few more drops of bourbon, and a 7-day sure instead of 10 days. We'll see if that's the magic. What's the worst that could happen?
Yeah my try at smoked cured bacon was a salt bomb failure. All those pink salt cure times and curing salt amounts are bogus. I guess they don't want you to get trichinosis instead they try to kill you with curing salt. I want to try it again because its blt season but damn it's easier to buy Wrights or Burgers Smokehouse.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #15385

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Yeah my try at smoked cured bacon was a salt bomb failure. All those pink salt cure times and curing salt amounts are bogus. I guess they don't want you to get trichinosis instead they try to kill you with curing salt. I want to try it again because its blt season but damn it's easier to buy Wrights or Burgers Smokehouse.
100% true! Plus, if you're not going to let it sit for long, and it doesn't take long to go through half of a half-pork belly, so it might not need much curing at all.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #15386
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
100% true! Plus, if you're not going to let it sit for long, and it doesn't take long to go through half of a half-pork belly, so it might not need much curing at all.
I remember FMB got it down pat after some trial and error. Sadly he is gone from us to walk us through it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:59 PM   #15387

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I remember FMB got it down pat after some trial and error. Sadly he is gone from us to walk us through it.
Indeed. He's very missed.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #15388
Ultrabanned

Burgers bacon, ghost pepper cheese from Osceola Cheese Co and some Grillo's pickles along with a nice fresh tomato. Doesn't get much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #15389
Shit

Quote:
Indeed. He's very missed.
Funny this post was here.

I clicked on this thread just to say how much he is missed.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #15390
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

Burgers bacon, ghost pepper cheese from Osceola Cheese Co and some Grillo's pickles along with a nice fresh tomato. Doesn't get much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You went to osceola? When?
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.