Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2019, 08:09 PM  
Kind of a mod

Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread

Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:02 AM   #181
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:03 AM   #182
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Outstanding.

I was beginning to wonder why nobody was thinking about this. But they were!

My faith in humanity is restored.

The main character development throughout this franchise has been ... just damn awesome. (The post credit sound of a hammer on iron was borderline chilling.)

I'll miss The Bobfather, but I trust Feige to pilot the ship going forward. He even has a ton of new character tools to use. If they can keep the actors out of jail, the future looks bright.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:40 AM   #183
In Search of a Life

So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #184
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.
I think that was the worst part of the movie so no. They completely hosed up time travel in this movie.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #185
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

In all of this I forgot to mention fat Thor, I know some hated him but I thought he was some of the best parts of the film.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #186
sorta mod-ish

My inner 15 year old comic book nerd that got hooked on Marvel starting with the original Secret Wars story and going through all the Infinity Gauntlet stories and spin offs was completely geeked out and loving every second. The Russo Brothers pulled off this story about as well as they possibly could have considering they had maybe only 60% of the players needed to tell it properly (imho, considering the original content). I do think Infinity War was the better movie all around, but Endgame is just a notch or two-three under it. Did NOT feel like a three hour movie, and I will gladly pay to see it a couple of more times in the theaters.

My (minor) gripes about the movie...

- I didn't like how they essentially de-nutted the three heavy hitters the heroes had. Professor Hulk was just kind of there mostly, being the second string big brain. I did enjoy the scene with him and the Ancient One, and that scene where Thanos blew the Avengers compound to hell and Hulk was essentially holding the compound up to save Rocket and Rhoadie was a nod to the original Secret Wars when Molecule Man dropped and entire mountain on the heroes and Hulk was holding it up. Nice touch by the Russos there. Thor's story was good albeit cheesy (although he's really already had his redemption arc in Ragnarok), but I liked how he got to say goodbye to his mother and find out he was still worthy of Mjolnir. Captain Marvel was just sent out of 90% of the picture, but I can kind of understand. If those three weren't set up like they had been and were at full strength working together, they would have taken down a non-gauntlet wielding Thanos not easily, but eventually and rather quickly.

- I don't really care about the logic/nonsense of the time travel aspect. They spun a new angle of telling a story that has been beat to death in sci-fi over the years, so I enjoyed it.

Also, I love how they paid homage to the past MCU movies in some fashion. I think they touched on most of them, and I really enjoyed how they brought it all together. I loved the scene where Cap told Sitwell and the Strike Team "Hail Hydra" in the elevator (I thought they were setting up another elevator fight scene, lol). And I like how all the original actors showed up for their parts, even if it was only for a few seconds.

This movie was a huge, huge undertaking, and they hit it. Good for them, and good for Marvel.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #187
sorta mod-ish

And of course, Cap calling Mjolnir. I figured that was coming at some point, especially how he moved it in Age of Ultron (not mentioning how he wielded it in the comics). The audience I was with went nuts when it happened. Great moment.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:20 PM   #188
Has a particular set of skills

NEW YORK (AP) — The universe belongs to Marvel. “Avengers: Endgame” shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in ticket sales domestically and $1.2 billion globally, reaching a new pinnacle in the blockbuster era that the comic-book studio has come to dominate.

The “Avengers” finale far exceeded even its own gargantuan expectations, according to studio estimates Sunday. The movie had been forecast to open between $260 million and $300 million in U.S. and Canadian theaters, but moviegoers turned out in such droves that “Endgame” blew past the previous record of $257.7 million, set last year by “Avengers: Infinity War” when it narrowly surpassed “The Force Awakens.”

“Endgame” was just as enormous overseas. Worldwide, it obliterated the previous record of $640.5 million, also set by “Infinity War.” (“Infinity War” didn’t open in China, the world’s second largest movie market, until two weeks after its debut.) “Endgame” set a new weekend record in China, too, where it made $330.5 million.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:37 PM   #189
In Search of a Life

So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #190
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?

Professor Hulk killed her she-boner.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #191
sorta mod-ish

Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #192
Stay positive, don't give up

Loved the movie. Tied it up nice and yes I teared up at the end. I was pretty shocked Nat died. Isn't she getting a black widow movie?

I'm excited for the future...
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 PM   #193
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.
They got Galactus and Doom back. There are plenty of bad guys to build the next big arc around.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #194
sorta mod-ish

Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #195
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.
Mephisto enters the fray too
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote