Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #12271
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
What a rational, well thought out and relevant post. I should thread ban you.

It felt wrong posting it....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #12272
MVP

There is a national shortage of hydroxychloroquine because doctors are doing exactly what Bleeding Red wants... they're prescribing it broadly and without consideration.

Now, I'm all for getting the drug out, but not at the expense of the people whose pre-existing conditions HAVE been clinically proven to need HCQ for treatment. regardless, keeping tabs on its effectiveness this week is pointless.

You won't know anything until Tuesday. That's one week - the full time for suggested treatment - in NYC. That's when we'll really know if this is working. Unofficially, we'll start getting a lot more anecdotal evidence, but no one's gonna feel better until you have a large scale, double blind trial.

I want it to work. I was reading the Stanford report and the French trial papers before the President ever uttered its name. My opinions on the orange man are widely known here, but for once he and I are in lock-step: I WANT HCQ TO WORK.

My friend is covid-19 positive, and another friend gave her HCQ. It was her personal prescription for auto-immune disease.

I delivered it to her doorstep on Saturday. It's day five, and her fever is gone, her cough is better, her fatigue remains. She was also prescribed the Z-pack but hasn't gotten it yet. Anyway, HCQ seems to be working, as her fever had spiked the day she got the medicine and has now gone away and stayed away.

The point is, it seems to work, but we have to know for sure.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #12273
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
There is a national shortage of hydroxychloroquine because doctors are doing exactly what Bleeding Red wants... they're prescribing it broadly and without consideration.

Now, I'm all for getting the drug out, but not at the expense of the people whose pre-existing conditions HAVE been clinically proven to need HCQ for treatment. regardless, keeping tabs on its effectiveness this week is pointless.

You won't know anything until Tuesday. That's one week - the full time for suggested treatment - in NYC. That's when we'll really know if this is working. Unofficially, we'll start getting a lot more anecdotal evidence, but no one's gonna feel better until you have a large scale, double blind trial.

I want it to work. I was reading the Stanford report and the French trial papers before the President ever uttered its name. My opinions on the orange man are widely known here, but for once he and I are in lock-step: I WANT HCQ TO WORK.

My friend is covid-19 positive, and another friend gave her HCQ. It was her personal prescription for auto-immune disease.

I delivered it to her doorstep on Saturday. It's day five, and her fever is gone, her cough is better, her fatigue remains. She was also prescribed the Z-pack but hasn't gotten it yet. Anyway, HCQ seems to be working, as her fever had spiked the day she got the medicine and has now gone away and stayed away.

The point is, it seems to work, but we have to know for sure.
Our health system has specifically stated it will only be prescribed for people with advanced symptoms
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #12274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Our health system has specifically stated it will only be prescribed for people with advanced symptoms
Does anyone know how long it takes until there is evidence that it is working? The studies won’t be done but if they’re giving this to 50 people and they all recover in a few days then I’d think that news would get out, no?

Hoping it works.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #12275
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I don't know who "our health system" is. Really. Doctors are ALREADY prescibing it liberally and are fully allowed to do so. The only thing keeping them from doing it is ethics.

Pharmacies like Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are taking measures, like only filling large prescription orders for customers with pre-existing prescriptions.

https://khn.org/news/why-hoarding-of...needs-to-stop/

So, I'm not sure what you're talking about but it's wildly inaccurate.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #12276
I love your mom

My wife had a patient this week asking for HCQ as a preventative measure , my wife told her she was already on it for he RA.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #12277
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I don't know who "our health system" is. Really. Doctors are ALREADY prescibing it liberally and are fully allowed to do so. The only thing keeping them from doing it is ethics.

Pharmacies like Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are taking measures, like only filling large prescription orders for customers with pre-existing prescriptions.

https://khn.org/news/why-hoarding-of...needs-to-stop/

So, I'm not sure what you're talking about but it's wildly inaccurate.
Most doctors that I know are not "liberally" prescribing it. I will echo Pete's sentiment. No one is saying they aren't allowed to do it, they are saying that they generally should not be doing it.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #12278
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes until there is evidence that it is working? The studies won’t be done but if they’re giving this to 50 people and they all recover in a few days then I’d think that news would get out, no?

Hoping it works.
French study found results in 6 days. I think you can expect a week from start date to hear initial results, with full written results coming in the following week. Again, we aren't going to know anything for certain for a minute.

Everyone is jumping on this. A lot of people want it to work. I think some of the reporting on it is overtly pessimistic and biased. Some of it is responsibly skeptical. Some of it is dangerously optimistic.

The good news is that the drug is off the shelves and in people's hands. The bad news is its in the hands of a lot of people who DON'T have Covid-19.

those people are ****ing assholes.

I'm still praying it works.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #12279
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #12280
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post

Hoping it works.
Does it only work on one who develop bacterial pneumonia, heard it might only be shedding the virus from as canal only reducing viral load there, would people have gotten better on their own without it, have people died because of it .

Few more million questions to ask.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #12281
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I just assumed EVERYONE had the same mental image reading OH's posts.

Exactly! Even better example than mine lol....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #12282
I'll be back.

Think this was posted already, but just heard a podcast that quoted a bunch of doctors stating taking Ibuprofen/Advil absolutely makes this virus deadly.

It accelerates it into pnuemonia.

DON'T TAKE IBUPROFEN

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #12284
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Most doctors that I know are not "liberally" prescribing it. I will echo Pete's sentiment. No one is saying they aren't allowed to do it, they are saying that they generally should not be doing it.
of course most doctors aren't. but it IS being prescribed liberally. And the only people who can do that are doctors.

So... yes. Doctors are prescribing it liberally. I agree with your last sentence, but I think that's my sentiment, not Pete's. He specifically said "it will only be prescribed for people with advanced symptoms." And that is just categorically untrue, as it has already been prescribed for people with no symptoms. It has caused a shortage. The drug is sold out in the ENTIRE STATE of california. In a week.

Quote:
The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose.

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments.

Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

Michigan pharmacists may see an increased volume of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and should take special care to evaluate the prescriptions’ legitimacy.

Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient.

It is also important to be mindful that licensed health professionals are required to report inappropriate prescribing practices. LARA appreciates all licensed health professionals for their service and cooperation in assuring compliance in acting responsibly while continuing to provide the best possible care for Michigan’s citizens during this unprecedented and very challenging time.
https://wwmt.com/news/local/michigan...ibe-medication
Old 03-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #12285
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
If this goes on long for much longer, that's exactly what I'm going to look like. I will probably be regretting not getting a haircut when I had a chance.
My girlfriend was able to track down the girl that cuts my hair via Facebook....We asked her how she was doing (they shut down her shop last week), and she said she was fine but worried about money.

Long story short: She is coming over to my home to personally cut my hair this afternoon. Of course, in the essence of being safe, we grilled her on health, human contact, etc. and we feel pretty safe about it. On top of that, we are going to tip her very well, just to ensure that (a) she knows we appreciate it; and (b) maybe that little bit extra can alleviate a little bit of her concern

But what a god send as I'm about 3 weeks past due (I always procrastinate, then they shut down!). I'm excited for this!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote