Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
I'll be back.

The Resistance is down to one ship and you aren't excited to see what happens next?

I'm pretty stoked to be honest.

They made the odds even worse. So much potential now. Any number of paths they could go on.

They really get to make this their own story now, instead of just a rehash of the OT, which was the path they were on after TFA.

TLJ breathed a lot of life into the franchise for some of us.

I won't deny that Finn and Rose are terrible characters, but it's not like the OT and PT didn't have their share of that.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The Resistance is down to one ship and you aren't excited to see what happens next?

I'm pretty stoked to be honest.

They made the odds even worse. So much potential now. Any number of paths they could go on.

They really get to make this their own story now, instead of just a rehash of the OT, which was the path they were on after TFA.

TLJ breathed a lot of life into the franchise for some of us.

I won't deny that Finn and Rose are terrible characters, but it's not like the OT and PT didn't have their share of that.
It didn't breathe life into it. It split the fan base.

I'm happy you are happy but they are hurting the franchise with these decisions. Not helping it.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
I'll be back.

It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run because now they have so many more directions to take the story.

Now they can truly tell an original story.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
World's Best Boss

Quote:
It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run because now they have so many more directions to take the story.

Now they can truly tell an original story.
Conspiracy time.

I vastly, vastly prefer the original script for TLJ. There was no Rose. Poe went off with Finn (meaning that their bromance could continue to develop and no pink haired or Rose plot) and the deleted scenes with Luke and Rey would have never been deleted. So, did someone interfere high up at Disney to make add unnecessary "female empowerment" characters (rather than, I don't know, adding more for Leia and having Leia be the one who sacrifices herself for the rebels). It's just odd. Rian still clearly has a lot of sway at Disney, and it makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes between the first draft of the script to what ended up playing at the theaters.

With that said, I still prefer TLJ to TFA because TFA did nothing but set up the same exact trilogy that we saw with the originals.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-17-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
sorta mod-ish

What is the consensus on Mike Zeroh and his reporting? I see his stuff pop up all the time, but never watch it with any regularity. He dropped a vid today talking about what JJ is supposedly going to do with Kylo in IX, but didn't want to get boo'd out of the thread for posting Mike Zeroh stuff, lol.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #7
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
What is the consensus on Mike Zeroh and his reporting? I see his stuff pop up all the time, but never watch it with any regularity. He dropped a vid today talking about what JJ is supposedly going to do with Kylo in IX, but didn't want to get boo'd out of the thread for posting Mike Zeroh stuff, lol.
let your freak flag fly imo
Old 02-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
95% complete fanboi horseshit. Along with being practically unwatchable, his sources are so ****ing sad and pathetic, that he's been beating the "Anakin force ghost"-bullshit theory like a dead horse for four ****ing years now with ZEROH accuracy( get it? ha-ha....).

The only thing he's ever posted worth a **** are those storyboard spoilers that come from a single source. And that source was maybe 50% or less correct when the final product was released. I initially rated that spoiler at 75% but after re-watching it, it was much less accurate.

At least Mike Zeroh cut his hair though. Prior to the trip to the barbershop, it was like watching a roadie for Anthrax talk about Star Wars. Stupidly, of course.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #9
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #10
sorta mod-ish

Old 02-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
sorta mod-ish

FYI - The Force Awakens is being played on ABC right now
Old 02-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
I'll be back.

From the latest MSW podcast

• Rian Johnson was originally going to release his first film in his trilogy before Benioff and Weiss. They think the shake-up behind the scenes after the ‘Solo’ flopped changed things.

• Heard Rian’s trilogy is being made for a younger audience. G Rated.

• Disney is getting ready to hit the ground running with the Benioff and Weiss films.

• Doesn’t know if the FanthaTracks trailer rumour is true. Jason retweeting the rumour isn’t him backing it up but he does believe FanthaTracks to be a reliable source. They’ve heard nothing other than what they’ve already reported on.

• Talks about Rey’s hair being similar to TFA due to scenes with Leia. Thinks there was a scene cut from TFA that had Rey and Leia having a conversation. He says it’s before she goes off with Han Solo but I’m assuming he means she goes off to Luke because obviously by the time Leia is reintroduced in TFA, Rey has been captured.

• Adam was definitely in Jordan to take pictures for a certain magazine that covers Star Wars films (EW, Empire or Vanity Fair I assume).

• Thinks Rey figures out the MacGuffin then everybody else does and they all end up in Jordan. Good guys and bad guys. Unsure if Lando was part of the sequences.

• Got hard confirmation that Rey has put the Skywalker lightsaber back together. You can definitely tell it’s been put back together. Says he’ll share more information soon.

• Knights Of Ren’s weapons are way more elaborate than the ones they had in TFA. Says they’re very cool and will share more information soon.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #13
sorta mod-ish

Yeah, I didn't understand why they tore Luke's blue saber in half, especially after the scene in TFA where Maz Kanata makes a big deal of how the lightsaber "called out to Rey". (I didn't understand most of that movie, but that's another issue)
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #14
I'll be back.

Why not? Perfect visual metaphor for Kylo and Rey falling out.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #15
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Why not? Perfect visual metaphor for Kylo and Rey falling out.
Just felt incomplete to me in that moment, or maybe rather "off". Does that mean the saber called to Kylo, too? What's really going on here?

It's kind of like Snoke getting shish kabob'd by Kylo - why do that, especially in that point of the trilogy?