Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6692
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6271
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6649
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6545
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #436
In Search of a Life

I've had one in since last night
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #437
Mammoth penis

Beef ribs turned out pretty good. Next time I'll cook them a little longer to render out some more of the fat. Still pretty delicious for my first go at them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170611_164517.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	114539   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170611_171453.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	114540  
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #438
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Beef ribs turned out pretty good. Next time I'll cook them a little longer to render out some more of the fat. Still pretty delicious for my first go at them.

Those look pretty good. You touched on why I think most people don't do them - they can be pretty greasy.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #439
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
You ever smoked any? If so how'd they turn out?
About the only ribs I do any more are baby backs. They cook quicker, cook more evenly, and are not too much food that my wife and I can handle. Big racks of full sized ribs are usually chewy and fatty, even after trimming them. And you have to eat them when they're fresh, they don't do well after being refrigerated.

The beef ribs take a long time to cook. I'd rather do a brisket if spending that much time. But to each his own.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #440
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
About the only ribs I do any more are baby backs. They cook quicker, cook more evenly, and are not too much food that my wife and I can handle. Big racks of full sized ribs are usually chewy and fatty, even after trimming them. And you have to eat them when they're fresh, they don't do well after being refrigerated.

The beef ribs take a long time to cook. I'd rather do a brisket if spending that much time. But to each his own.

I did some chili this weekend in the slow cooker. Used a pound each of BBQ pork butt and brisket that I chopped up pretty finely. That ended up being one of the best chilis I've made ever.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #441
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post

Mine were on for 6 hours and are nearly fall-off-the-bone. Probably could have used a couple more but 8 hours isnt even that long. Nowhere near as long as a brisket.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #442
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I'd don't know is you want to mess with anything, those look darn tasty..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #443
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

And yeah, beef ribs are freaking great! If one rib isn't enough, two are more than enough (and you can skip all the sides!).

Last edited by GloryDayz; 06-11-2017 at 05:56 PM..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #444
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
And yeah, beef ribs are freaking great! If one rib isn't enough, two's more than enough (and you can skip all the sides!).
I had never even tried them before making them today. They are very tasty, a little fattier than I'd like but that was probably my fault. Will definitely make them again.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #445
Baba Ganoush

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Wanting to see if anybody has tried Joe's method when it comes to flat brisket. I am currently 0-1 when it comes to flat brisket. For all you clever guys it wasn't when my apartment caught fire. Also, what are some good store bought rubs? I bought this after reading some reviews and doing research. I heard Head Country was really good as well.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...recipe-2013912
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #446
Fight, build, win!

Salt then pepper the hell outta it like your grand pappy told ya.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:05 PM   #447
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Salt then pepper the hell outta it like your grand pappy told ya.
Not sure if you're being serious or not, but a lot of people do you use just salt and pepper from what I've read.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #448
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Wanting to see if anybody has tried Joe's method when it comes to flat brisket. I am currently 0-1 when it comes to flat brisket. For all you clever guys it wasn't when my apartment caught fire. Also, what are some good store bought rubs? I bought this after reading some reviews and doing research. I heard Head Country was really good as well.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...recipe-2013912
What was the matter with your last brisket?

I always foil mine after like 4 hours and run it up to 190-200 and pull it. I haven't had good luck with bringing it to 180 and slice it.

I've also had better luck going to a butcher than a grocery store. I have no idea what the difference is or how to get it otherwise so I just bend over and pay up. It's worth the money.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #449
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
What was the matter with your last brisket?
The apartment fire temp exceeded 200 degrees.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #450
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Not sure if you're being serious or not, but a lot of people do you use just salt and pepper from what I've read.
Im serious. I pepper mine have for years think bark and ask self really what point is a rub'
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.