Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2020, 11:35 AM  
Admitted Planet Junky

Need recommendations on Fish

So I need some recommendations from those who eat fish regularly.
I am not a fish eater. If fish has a strong pungent smell I can't get it past the nose. I do like Tuna fish sandwiches though.
I don't really eat seafood either. It is expensive to just try and then possibly, probably with me, throw it away because I couldn't get past the smell or texture.
The only time I have ever enjoyed Shrimp was taking them straight from the skillet where they were being cooked in butter. Once they were just a little cooler the texture changed, rubberish, and I could not eat them.
I also need to know what is the best spices to use for cooking fish.
Yes I got my blood work back and my LDL is still to damn high.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran

Crappie , flathead, bluecat
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Might help if we know what fish you don't like. For example, I assume from your Op that you're not a fan of salmon.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

Ever tried sushi? I find it to be much less "fishy" than cooked fish.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
Liquor and Whores

I’m the same when it comes to fish but I get pickerel up here in Canada. I put them in a milk and egg wash then toss them in flour and pan fry them in butter for a few minutes on each side. I then sprinkle some pepper and lemon juice on them. Very mild flavor and not much of a fishy smell to it.
CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CanadianChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
"Think BOOM!"

Tuna fish...
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #7
"Think BOOM!"

Perhaps start out with something like tilapia? Very mild taste.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #8
Andy Reid Supporter

Try to get wild if you can. If you get farmed, read the label.

Do not ever get farmed fish from Chile. They are awful and get around regulations and are really not ideal for quality.

Instead try to get farmed fish from Norway. Their farms are under regulations, they feed them good food and they make it very similar to wild fish by giving them room to swim.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #9
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Crappie , flathead, bluecat
Catfish often has a dirt flavor and or sandy grit to it.
Crappie is not readily available in the grocery stores. Never ate it that I remember. I do not like freshwater lake Bass because it is fishy as well and I have seen them with worms in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Might help if we know what fish you don't like. For example, I assume from your Op that you're not a fan of salmon.

I have never tried salmon or tilapia.
Like I said my experience with fish is very limited.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #10
What's up braj?

One of the most knowledgeable posters in the media forum. Helped me out a ton when I was getting started with Kodi!
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #11
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Ever tried sushi? I find it to be much less "fishy" than cooked fish.
No I never have and there is not a place to get fresh sushi in the smallish, 15K people, that I live in either.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #12
Ultrabanned

Tilapia is about as mild and non offensive as you're gonna get at the store. Butter and Cajun seasoning.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #13
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Perhaps start out with something like tilapia? Very mild taste.
It seems to be pretty fishy smelling.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #14
Veteran

I have never eaten fish I didn’t like, but I haven’t had much more than catfish, salmon, or sushi. Been too long now that I think about it.
Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:49 AM   #15
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Tilapia is about as mild and non offensive as you're gonna get at the store. Butter and Cajun seasoning.
What is better Slap ya mama, Tony Chachara or Louisiana?