Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #27781
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post

So let me get this straight, even though Phillip Rivers sucks and has never won a damn thing he sucked longer so therefore is more valuable than Mahomes who in 2 years won an MVP and a SB MVP.

Flood these morons please
So Derek Carr's replacement would have 0 wins?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #27782
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Just a bad call by Shanahan. Jimmy was NOT in the right mental state to make that sort of pass, in that game, in that moment. Mahomes hitting his, multiple times, is what sets him so far apart from and ahead of all the younger and mid-tier QB's.

The mindset his dad instilled in him "onto the next pitch" is the difference.
I don't blame Shanahan - that's on Grapes.

To win a Super Bowl against Patrick Mahomes - you HAVE to hit that pass. It was an easy pitch/catch by NFL standards.

Shanahan called an absolutely killer of a playcall, he got exactly the defensive alignment he expected and set up his quarterback for a throw he needs to hit about 70-80% of the time.

And the QB missed the throw. At some point you have to rely on your leaders to execute and Grapes just didn't. You're not gonna run and hide from Mahomes for 60 minutes. Eventually you're gonna have to TAKE the win from him. Shanahan put his guys in a position to do so and they failed.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #27783
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I hate listening to the talking heads acting like it would have been a certain TD. Even if the ball had been on target, we were close enough that it's possible that we could have caused an incompletion. Or, Sanders could have just dropped the ball. He doesn't catch 100% of the passes that hit his hands. They act like Sanders had 5 yards of separation.

It's like them acting like we would have lost to the Texans if they hadn't kicked the FG and decided to go for it on 4th down. Even if they went for it, and made the score 28-0, they still have to kickoff after a TD, just like they kicked off after the FG. Our momentum was sparked by the ensuing kick return, which would have happened anyway.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It ain't high school or college, man.

That was WIDE ****ing open by NFL standards. He had a full step and was gaining ground. Grapes puts that ball on him and it's almost certainly a score.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #27784
Starter

Quote:
I wish he would have kept it in the field of play, because I think Robinson could have scored.

The moment Shanahan called timeouts then Pat should have put that ball in play and run up the score even more.
TexasChief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #27785
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
I wish he would have kept it in the field of play, because I think Robinson could have scored.

Huh. I had never noticed Robinson had so much space. I was probably just so out of it with joy.

Ultimately I'm glad Pat put it out of play. It would have been a real dick move for DRob to have scored there.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #27786
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
No No No. That would have been a huge mistake and totally classless to throw a bomb on the last play of the game.
I do wonder if DRob would have caught it and then fell to the ground. I’m not saying DRob should have scored, just that if Pat connected there it would have been with justification since Shanny had his D still playing out there.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #27787
My Mamma Says

I really don’t think I’ve ever had a complete man crush as much as I have with Patrick.. Joe Montana was great but he wasn’t really ours.. This kid is the complete package.. I just get happy every time I see him... ( not gay)..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #27788
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChief View Post
The moment Shanahan called timeouts then Pat should have put that ball in play and run up the score even more.
I was about to say the same thing.

If the rat-faced guy was ceding victory and letting the clock run out so he could go congratulate the world champion Chiefs, then we should be the gentlemen and not score. But the rat-faced guy was continuing to call time outs and wanting the ball back. If he wants the ball back so bad, then score again and let him have it on a kickoff.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #27789
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
I hate listening to the talking heads acting like it would have been a certain TD. Even if the ball had been on target, we were close enough that it's possible that we could have caused an incompletion. Or, Sanders could have just dropped the ball. He doesn't catch 100% of the passes that hit his hands. They act like Sanders had 5 yards of separation.

It's like them acting like we would have lost to the Texans if they hadn't kicked the FG and decided to go for it on 4th down. Even if they went for it, and made the score 28-0, they still have to kickoff after a TD, just like they kicked off after the FG. Our momentum was sparked by the ensuing kick return, which would have happened anyway.

By NFL standards, that's a throw you simply cannot miss. It was a certain 6. Denying that is just kidding yourself. Sanders split that coverage and the D was beaten. But Jimmy Gamemanager couldn't put it on target.

Rat Jr's reaction to the play gives you insight into how he knew that pass should have been made. Because everybody on the 9ers O did their respective job, except Garropolo.

The 9ers are a good team. Thankfully, they don't have an elite QB.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #27790
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It ain't high school or college, man.

That was WIDE ****ing open by NFL standards. He had a full step and was gaining ground. Grapes puts that ball on him and it's almost certainly a score.
But as Mahomes said last night on the SB commentary, even if Grapes hits that pass, there is still 1:33 left in the game with 2 timeouts. No way on the face of the earth Mahomes doesn't at least lead the team down the field and gets the game tying field goal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #27791
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #27792
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
I wonder how often this statement (or ones like it) were made about the Chiefs from 1989-2017.

Is it bad that I have been so conditioned by Chiefs play-not-to-lose game manager QB's that I at least commend Jimmy G. for attempting that throw? We've had so many QB's who I feel would have checked down even when seeing Sanders to "play it safe". It reminded me a lot of (what I remember) of Trent Green - he missed the throw, but hey - at least he took a shot (a small comfort for Niners fans, I know).

Jimmy did hit two of those throws against the Rams (on two 3rd and 16's, on very similar plays), one of their wins that gave them a bye week in the playoffs. I still think the Niners are always going to have an uphill climb if they can't count on Jimmy G. to win the game for them, but he will at least win some games with his arm - which is something too many of our past QB's were unable or unwilling to do.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #27793
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I wonder how often this statement (or ones like it) were made about the Chiefs from 1989-2017.

Is it bad that I have been so conditioned by Chiefs play-not-to-lose game manager QB's that I at least commend Jimmy G. for attempting that throw? We've had so many QB's who I feel would have checked down even when seeing Sanders to "play it safe". It reminded me a lot of (what I remember) of Trent Green - he missed the throw, but hey - at least he took a shot (a small comfort for Niners fans, I know).

Jimmy did hit two of those throws against the Rams (on two 3rd and 16's, on very similar plays), one of their wins that gave them a bye week in the playoffs. I still think the Niners are always going to have an uphill climb if they can't count on Jimmy G. to win the game for them, but he will at least win some games with his arm - which is something too many of our past QB's were unable or unwilling to do.
I believe this fanbase would have been just fine with Jimmy replacing Alex. In a world where Mahomes doesn't exist for us. SF would be champions if Mahomes wasn't the opposing QB.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:52 PM   #27794
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
By NFL standards, that's a throw you simply cannot miss. It was a certain 6. Denying that is just kidding yourself. Sanders split that coverage and the D was beaten. But Jimmy Gamemanager couldn't put it on target.

Rat Jr's reaction to the play gives you insight into how he knew that pass should have been made. Because everybody on the 9ers O did their respective job, except Garropolo.

Yeah, that play chilled me to the bone. Their backstabbing receiver was wide open. If the 49ers had a better quarterback, 2020 might not be the best year ever.

(Of course, that's hypothetical. We know that in real life Mahomes would have just scored again to win it.)
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #27795
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, that play chilled me to the bone. Their backstabbing receiver was wide open. If the 49ers had a better quarterback, 2020 might not be the best year ever.

(Of course, that's hypothetical. We know that in real life Mahomes would have just scored again to win it.)
I've seen a lot of debate around internet circles about how many QB's in the NFL hit that throw. I've seen Niners and Patriots fans (LOL) say only 5 QB's nail that, but other places that say over half of QB's hit it with ease.

We know Mahomes drills that pass, as the throw to Watkins on the previous drive was every bit at that difficulty (especially since it was outside the hashes).