Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 PM  
MVP

Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed

The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:56 PM   #241
For The Glory Of The City

Airport did great with the influx of draft visitors.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

Quote:
Nope, at least as of now — on the eve of the opening day of the NFL Draft at Union Station — the long, terrible, frustrating line that people have been complaining about since the new terminal opened in February was nowhere to be seen.
Quote:
Kemp said that, initially, after the new terminal opened, the lines were terrible. People had grown used to pulling up to the gates at the old terminals and being allowed to sit, read, do the Wordle while they waited. Rules are being enforced more consistently. They’re simple: Upon arriving to pick up a loved one, you can park in the nearby garage (cost is $3 for up to hour). Or you can take the Paris Street exit on the way into the terminal and wait in the free cellphone lot, 680 Brasilia Ave., until your passenger is standing outside the terminal. Once they’re waiting outside, go get them. No one is going to stop you from picking someone up, and then quickly going on your way.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:03 PM   #242
Would an idiot do that?

I assume that's two very different issues, potentially.

The cell phone lot and arrival issues is locals picking up locals.

The draft is having enough shuttles, ubers, and rental cars available... and then having the rental car staff and security lanes and so forth to deal with all of the departures.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:06 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I assume that's two very different issues, potentially.

The cell phone lot and arrival issues is locals picking up locals.

The draft is having enough shuttles, ubers, and rental cars available... and then having the rental car staff and security lanes and so forth to deal with all of the departures.
I have been told here the new airport is a disaster and that this draft would be a disaster because of that just sayin
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #244
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
Modern art is an abomination.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:14 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Modern art is an abomination.
My favorite thing about reading your posts is how you are so honest about everything surrounding you in your daily life makes you miserable.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 04:08 AM   #246
Veteran

Modern art is truly an abomination Zach. That Raiders guy doesnt write long paragraphs like yours truly but what he says is always firey firey truth. Educate yourself, Zach.

https://youtu.be/ANA8SI_KvqI
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 04:36 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
Modern art is truly an abomination Zach. That Raiders guy doesnt write long paragraphs like yours truly but what he says is always firey firey truth. Educate yourself, Zach.

https://youtu.be/ANA8SI_KvqI
You have never once said anything of value and I will not spend a moment clicking a link that you post. You are at your best when you are rambling to yourself in threads you make in the romper room. All the best with that.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:05 AM   #248
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
My favorite thing about reading your posts is how you are so honest about everything surrounding you in your daily life makes you miserable.
Modern society is a cesspool. I don't seek to spare feelings.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:40 AM   #249
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Modern society is a cesspool. I don't seek to spare feelings.
That’s why you’re an incel, seeking acceptance here.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 10:45 AM   #250
In my youth i pray to keep

It's always funny watching Zach try to dab on rednecks like he's some highfaultin metropolitan.

Last edited by bdj23; 04-29-2023 at 11:08 AM..
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:12 PM   #251
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
It's always funny watching Zach try to dab on rednecks like he's some highfaultin metropolitan.
I live in a highly metropolitan trendy city full of millilennials and Gen-Z’rs. I stand out like a sore thumb. I get looks like who let grandpa out of the nursing home to disturb our vibe.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #252
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I live in a highly metropolitan trendy city full of millilennials and Gen-Z’rs. I stand out like a sore thumb. I get looks like who let grandpa out of the nursing home to disturb our vibe.
No, it’s because you’re a ginger
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:32 PM   #253
The Insider

Quote:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=228
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #254
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Last time I was in downtown St Pete, I went to a farmer's market and to a jazz night that (to my surprise) looked like a retirement home dance-off at the Floridian Social.... so yeah, that's probably not it.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:04 PM   #255
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Dab on??
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.