Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #196
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.
What records has Bowe set?
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #197
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Surpassed Sammie Parker for most dropped passes.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #198
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
Surpassed Sammie Parker for most dropped passes.
Parker or Willie Davis?...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #199
Supporter

In Scott I trust.

I'm skeptical of Stafford, always have been. That this guy is suggesting that NEITHER QB is going in the top 10 makes me concerned.
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #200
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
In Scott I trust.

I'm skeptical of Stafford, always have been. That this guy is suggesting that NEITHER QB is going in the top 10 makes me concerned.
I've heard a few guys say that on Sirius, that none of these QBs are worth a top 10 pick, even Gil Brandt the other day as well as Pat Kirwan. Kirwan even followed that up with, "in fact, if you're looking for a QB, Matt Cassel sure does look good when you're staring at this draft class"...
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #201
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
I've heard a few guys say that on Sirius, that none of these QBs are worth a top 10 pick, even Gil Brandt the other day as well as Pat Kirwan. Kirwan even followed that up with, "in fact, if you're looking for a QB, Matt Cassel sure does look good when you're staring at this draft class"...
And this about a guy none of those douches would have thought was worth a draft pick his rookie year...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #202
Shit

Quote:
most receiving yards as a rookie? maybe the most in his first 2 years
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #203
Shit

[QUOTE=pestilenceaf23;5451743]Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.[/QUOTE]

look at TG's first and second years
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #204
The Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
That is such an absurd statement on it's face.

Matt Cassel sure does look good when staring at Stafford and Sanchez?

Why? Because he's older, sat for a few years to learn a system, and performed admirably in an offense loaded with great players?

Matt Cassel couldn't beat out Stafford or Sanchez if all three were in college at the same time, so the only reason he would look better than either now is because he's older and has actually played in the NFL.

I think it's nuts to think Cassel is so far above Stafford/Sanchez, yet he would ride the pine behind both in college. You can't discount the two QBs simply because they haven't had the chance to play pro ball yet.

If Cassel excelled in the NFL, then there's absolutely no reason to think Stafford or Sanchez wouldn't do as well or better in a similar system.
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #205
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

Why? Because he's older, sat for a few years to learn a system, and performed admirably in an offense loaded with great players?

Matt Cassel couldn't beat out Stafford or Sanchez if all three were in college at the same time, so the only reason he would look better than either now is because he's older and has actually played in the NFL.

I think it's nuts to think Cassel is so far above Stafford/Sanchez, yet he would ride the pine behind both in college. You can't discount the two QBs simply because they haven't had the chance to play pro ball yet.

If Cassel excelled in the NFL, then there's absolutely no reason to think Stafford or Sanchez wouldn't do as well or better in a similar system.
And I wish I had enough time to list out all the first round QB draft pick bursts. Nobody knows for sure if Stafford or Sanchez will succeed, but what they do know is Matt Cassel was for the most part a successful starting QB for one year.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #206
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
most receiving yards as a rookie? maybe the most in his first 2 years
Oh, I thought it was something important.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #207
Starter

Quote:

It raised my eyebrow when I heard it. I respect both of them, they seem like they really know talent evaluation, but these statements through me off.

I'm thinking it's because of 'known commodity' vs. 'potential'. Haven't had time to call in to get him to clarify. I would think if you're a young team building for the long term, the 'potential' would be more important than NFL experience/known commodity.
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #208
Shit

Quote:
Oh, I thought it was something important.
NOPE not yet at least
Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #209
The Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie007 View Post
And I wish I had enough time to list out all the first round QB draft pick bursts. Nobody knows for sure if Stafford or Sanchez will succeed, but what they do know is Matt Cassel was for the most part a successful starting QB for one year.
And what we also know is that Stafford and Sanchez have loads more talent than Cassel has or ever had, so there's really no reason to think they couldn't do what Cassel did if they were in a similar situation.
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #210
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
And what we also know is that Stafford and Sanchez have loads more talent than Cassel has or ever had, so there's really no reason to think they couldn't do what Cassel did if they were in a similar situation.
Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell have alot of talent. You cannot predict with a amazing degree of certainty how Stafford and Sanchez will perform in the league. IMO, I think Stafford and Sanchez will both be better QB's than Cassel...but I wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them fall flat on their face either.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.