Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #10291
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Basically he was only able to pull this off because he was a accredited investor who had access to shares of his own company before anyone else.

No, the average person cannot pull this off.
Exactly

Thiel bought 1.7 million shares of PayPal PYPL, -1.35% in 1999 for $0.001 per share, or $1,700, ProPublica reported.

Not sure how this is relevant to most of the world.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #10292
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah. It will be taxable on withdrawals but you should be able to deduct the contributions from the your taxable income the year you made them. If you did it this year for sure deduct them. Might be worth amending your return if your preparer works cheap.
Ya know, I filed my taxes this year and then I contributed the $6k so I wonder if I'm just shit out of luck.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #10293
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

It's possible to convert funds in a 401K to a Roth IRA. I did it myself last year. HOWEVER you will take a hit on tax liability for the entire amount. You will want to set aside some money to cover your next tax return.
ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #10294
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Ya know, I filed my taxes this year and then I contributed the $6k so I wonder if I'm just shit out of luck.
If you contributed $6k this year, that will be something you deduct on your 2021 return (that's due in April 2022). You can also amend your 2020 return (that you filed recently), but it'll take a bit of work. Still, if you're in the 24% tax bracket (purely guessing), that's worth roughly $1,440 on $6,000 contributed, so it will likely be worth the hassle.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:10 PM   #10295
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
But if they converted it to a Traditional, you shouldn't be contributing to it directly. Or at least if you are, those dollars should be tax deductible. At a minimum, you need to confirm what type of an account it is, and if it's a Traditional IRA, I'd dig into whether you can get some tax money back for what you've contributed.
The AGI limits for Trad IRA are halfish of Roth IRA. If he wants to claim the deduction, he'll want to make sure he's under the income limit.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #10296
In Search of a Life

Progenity- PROG

Has been on fire. Up 64% in 3 weeks since I bought a position. More good news on the way.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:37 PM   #10297
Mod Team

All you ****ing assholes always share your trades AFTER you've made big gains!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:30 PM   #10298
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
All you ****ing assholes always share your trades AFTER you've made big gains!

I have posted plenty of great buys- which have been ignored since I did not make my recommendations into Memes.

Hey guys- Buy Prog- I saw it on Reddit- going to $10,000 a share like Gamestop!!!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:36 PM   #10299
Supporter

HEY MOTHER****ER

I told you about the Deere Play right when I made it. It's the only good thing I've done this year.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:10 AM   #10300
Mod Team

No one wants to share their trades in real time. Only after they’ve exploded.

And I bet we have some CCIV BNGO SNDL FUBO ZOM CRON bag holders….just to name a few. You’ll never admit it though.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #10301
Supporter

Quote:

And I bet we have some CCIV BNGO SNDL FUBO ZOM CRON bag holders….just to name a few. You’ll never admit it though.
I’m holding a FUBO bag. But it is getting lighter to carry lately/

Newest trades:

RBLX 100 target bought yesterday

Sold FSLY bull put at 54$ prob 3 days ago
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:19 AM   #10302
Mammoth penis

Quote:

Every stock I've pushed here was right before or right after I bought in except for AMC and GME because I bought into them during my CP hiatus. But I still brought up AMC when it was under $9. I bag-held CCIV and BNGO for a few months then recently was able to make a tiny profit on both and got out but recently got back into BNGO. I lost about $1k on ZOM, no problem admitting that but I wasn't the one pimping it here.

Its obvious you didn't look at the 3 month FUBO chart before you added that to your list, I brought than one up too on 4/8 and its up 65% since then.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:27 AM   #10303
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Its obvious you didn't look at the 3 month FUBO chart before you added that to your list, I brought than one up too on 4/8 and its up 65% since then.
It’s really important with these momo stocks IMO to follow the 50 day EMA (below blue line). I prefer the 6 mo timeframe. Look at FUBO. It loses the 50 day, straight into the toilet. Regains 50 day, off to the races. Really seems these hedgies and algos really have a lot keyed to that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0D32D03C-6DC0-41CF-88E2-23610AF4A6CE.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	122707  
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #10304
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon View Post
It’s really important with these momo stocks IMO to follow the 50 day EMA (below blue line). I prefer the 6 mo timeframe. Look at FUBO. It loses the 50 day, straight into the toilet. Regains 50 day, off to the races. Really seems these hedgies and algos really have a lot keyed to that.
I brought it up after the GME induced plunge that crashed almost all meme stocks though...that's the dive you're referring to. It gained immediately the day after I mentioned it, dropped back down and got even lower, then slowly made its way up to where it's at now. Unfortunately I wasn't patient with that one and only made a small profit.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #10305
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon View Post
I’m holding a FUBO bag. But it is getting lighter to carry lately/

Newest trades:

RBLX 100 target bought yesterday

Sold FSLY bull put at 54$ prob 3 days ago
My stop on RBLX is the low of 6-23 (82) x .999 = 81.92

I will sell 25% of my position at 5% gain and adjust stop accordingly then. Looking for retrace back to 95-10 before scaling out more of the position. But don't guess, that's why you always have a stop loss set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Every stock I've pushed here was right before or right after I bought in except for AMC and GME because I bought into them during my CP hiatus. But I still brought up AMC when it was under $9. I bag-held CCIV and BNGO for a few months then recently was able to make a tiny profit on both and got out but recently got back into BNGO. I lost about $1k on ZOM, no problem admitting that but I wasn't the one pimping it here.

FUBO has been good recently, but as predicated, we have many who bought near 50 and are still down quite a bit. Glad you got out of CCIV and BNGO once they rebounded slightly. Neither has shown much breakout potential again yet although BNGO is getting there if it can maintain 7.50+ for a while.

I just want people to be honest with themselves about getting into stocks and "guessing" without a plan. Don't be a bag holder!