Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:54 AM   #10231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Looks like its blowing up premarket
I might have to monitor that, I've seen where it goes up initially premarket then comes down some after the open. People are selling to make money off the gains, one might wait for a dip.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:50 AM   #10232
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I wouldn't call that a wedge but that's me. What it is though is "filling the gap" which stocks have a strong tendency to do. That being said it is a good entry point.

Also from a purely technical analysis perspective your "pivot point" isn't a true pivot point. Pivot points are calculated for day trading based on the previous day's OHLC.

What you have highlighted is a classic example of resistance becoming support, assuming it holds. Again, you are right about the approach but I think your verbiage is a bit off is all.
All correct. The 30 minute chart makes it look more similar to a falling wedge but it’s still a stretch. Is there a name for this?

And yes, I’m being generous with pivot point too. Didn’t know how else to show/name a “change” in direction point. Trying to provide some basic guidance for these meme stock bros in here.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:05 AM   #10233
MVP

Bitcoin taking an uppercut to the chin today Mike Tyson style.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #10234
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
All correct. The 30 minute chart makes it look more similar to a falling wedge but it’s still a stretch. Is there a name for this?

And yes, I’m being generous with pivot point too. Didn’t know how else to show/name a “change” in direction point. Trying to provide some basic guidance for these meme stock bros in here.
If I had to assign a pattern to it I would call it a flag because it is a fairly symmetrical pattern. I mean I guess depending on how you wanted to draw the lines it could be a wedge. But , imo, it's such a sharp pullback I would just call it a re-tracement and not overthink it too much.

I tend to not try to force a particular name to the proposed pattern because when it comes to trend line and support\resistance analysis it can all get very subjective. The important thing is to recognize a consolidation pattern in general.

But this particular chart is almost one for the text books if it holds. You have some classic teaching examples.

Breakout above resistance on the 5th attempt with high volume no less

Gap to the upside

Re-filling the gap

Returning to the resistance line which has now become support (assuming it holds)

That's a classic chart to teach many aspects of chart reading right there.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:26 AM   #10235
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Bitcoin taking an uppercut to the chin today Mike Tyson style.
China shut down 90% of the mining is the story this morning.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #10236
Mod Team

Who’s ****ing with AMC today!?!?!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #10237
MVP

Quote:
Who’s ****ing with AMC today!?!?!
Hedgefunds are creating synthetic shares
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #10238
New and Improved

CTXR has taken off again.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #10239
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
What Is going on? Dow down 500
GO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT TODAY.

#notlinear
Old 06-21-2021, 02:14 PM   #10240
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:

#notlinear
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #10241
Mod Team

Quote:

Stock did not confirm upward trend so nothing was initiated today. We had price target of 58.20 and it only got to 58.16 and then sold off. This is how to trade on momentum. We keep it on our watchlist.

If you initiated a trade on this today, you’d just be guessing. Hope this helps show how/when to initiates trades for improved success.

I don’t mind taking some requests if anyone has a question on a chart. I could at least show you what I look for and others like Pete can also share input. There’s some knowledgeable guys here and it’s all very interesting to see technique.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #10242
Fish are scared of me

Look at this ASSHOLE!

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:19 AM   #10243
I’m a Mahomo!

Hedgies spent $500M on shorts yesterday (9.47M shares x average price $55 [very liberal estimate]= $520M) to drop it a couple %

The apes are absolutely winning
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #10244
Mod Team

WWE made a move today. I got in 58.20.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #10245
It was not a fair catch

Quote:

#notlinear
I would also this thread on the computer if someone would unban me
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.