Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #9511
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Thinking about buying puts on AMC. It will be back to low 9's or high 8's before too long, then it will go back up to the 13's again...rinse and repeat.
If you still own the stock, write covered calls
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:50 AM   #9512
Fish are scared of me

Just buy more and HODL. Don't screw with the program.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:06 PM   #9513
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
AMC only 99,987 more to 100K
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:33 PM   #9514
MVP

Arranging date #2 with a Dr. from a very wealthy family.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:01 PM   #9515
MVP

I had a sell order on half my my AMC but missed it by 10 cents.

This is a GME wannabe stock.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:11 PM   #9516
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
I have a boat anchor of a bank stock (FITB) that I’ve been carrying around for way too long with the misplaced hope it would finally get back to a level where I could break even. Over the past couple of weeks it’s made a nice run and I can now walk away not only whole but up $44k. I am glad to be free of it. The good/bad is that the payment will be via check and take a week or so to get to me. I think I am going to sit on the cash and wait for a good correction before buying something else.
Just a few months after dumping this stock that was sideways for about a decade for me, it has shot up by 30 some percent costing me tens of thousands in unrealized gains due to my early exit. I hate to second guess myself with 20/20
hindsight, but this one really hurts. I sold at $31.50. It’s been as high as $43 in the past couple of weeks. I feel admitting this loss publicly is part of my penance for the stupid way I handled this investment for over a decade. I am considering sewing a scarlet 5/3 onto my shirt. The shame. The shame. The shame.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #9517
Supporter

That sucks man.

Whenever I sell the last of my grain I don’t even look at a market quote for a month. It’s a mental health thing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #9518
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Well she has an IRA and ROTH from when she worked. I’m just wondering since now she isn’t, if I can put money in those accounts for her this year.
Don’t know if you ever found out anymore about this, but I crossed this on Charles Schwab

Yes, you can contribute to an IRA for unemployed non-working spouse that you file jointly with, but your total combined contribution can't exceed either your joint taxable income or double the annual IRA limit, whichever is less
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #9519
Mod Team

Quote:
Just a few months after dumping this stock that was sideways for about a decade for me, it has shot up by 30 some percent costing me tens of thousands in unrealized gains due to my early exit. I hate to second guess myself with 20/20
hindsight, but this one really hurts. I sold at $31.50. It’s been as high as $43 in the past couple of weeks. I feel admitting this loss publicly is part of my penance for the stupid way I handled this investment for over a decade. I am considering sewing a scarlet 5/3 onto my shirt. The shame. The shame. The shame.
Things like that happen to everyone. Can't look back and hopefully wherever you moved the money gets you some gains.

Don't look back, there's always more stocks in the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Don’t know if you ever found out anymore about this, but I crossed this on Charles Schwab

Yes, you can contribute to an IRA for unemployed non-working spouse that you file jointly with, but your total combined contribution can't exceed either your joint taxable income or double the annual IRA limit, whichever is less
Thanks man! Appreciate knowing that.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #9520
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Same here. Had a penny stock at .02 for years . Sold it. THE VERY NEXT ****ING DAY .16
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #9521
MVP

Interesting that the semiconductor sector stocks AVGO, TSM MU, QCOM, INTC and AMD are all down, perhaps a time to get into one of these stocks now?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #9522
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Interesting that the semiconductor sector stocks AVGO, TSM MU, QCOM, INTC and AMD are all down, perhaps a time to get into one of these stocks now?

Yep, I have been following them and most were at All-time highs or close to it.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #9523
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
I own some of those and they were way up but of course they have now taken a hit. They're still up pretty good and I'm just going to hang on and wait for the rebound.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #9524
Veteran

[QUOTE=Hog's Gone Fishin;15674875]Same here. Had a penny stock at .02 for years . Sold it. THE VERY NEXT ****ING DAY .16 [/

That is a bad beat for sure. Good to hear I am not alone. Between your story and Lew’s commiseration I do feel a bit better about it. Thanks!
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #9525
Mod Team

I am drinking but not screening for stocks this weekend. I am invested as much as I want to be. Tough trading environment with this whipsaw action and the truth is........

"The market doesn't beat traders. Traders beat themselves by failing to sit on their hands when market conditions are unfavorable." -Lewdog of CP.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.