Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6424
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6019
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6408
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6342
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #301
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
6ish. Dealer's choice.
If served very cold, box wine is awesome...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #302
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
If served very cold, box wine is awesome...
Haven't had boxed wine since my wife's grandparents Franzia... I'll try anything once.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #303

Quote:
Haven't had boxed wine since my wife's grandparents Franzia... I'll try anything once.
Oh you must. Since the days of Franzia they've really improved other offerings. And, as y'all know, I can be a bit of a low-level wine snob when I want to be.. I've found for self-proclaimed whine snobs, you can put Black Box Cabernet Sauvignon into an empty bottle of "7 Deadly Zins" and "pour it real nice-like," and they can't tell the difference... I love me some self-proclaimed wine snobs.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #304
Mod Team

Quote:
Wife wants me to smoke a pork butt this weekend. So I will. Hopefully I don't burn the place down, I know pork butts are dangerous.
If you can put a little of your house siding in the mix, I heard it enhances the flavor.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #305
Cheat Death

I heard Thompson's Water Seal for that deep smoke ring.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #306
Cast Iron Jedi

Time for a while in the foil.

Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #307
Cast Iron Jedi

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Pic sucks because it was so bright out I couldn't see shit. I wasn't even sure the pork was in the frame.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #308
BAMF

Local grocery has whole loins on sale. Considering giving one a go in the smoker.
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #309

Quote:
Time for a while in the foil.

Looks great.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #310
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Looks great.

Just wrapped it in a towel, and it's now relaxing in a cooler till dinner time.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #311
Cast Iron Jedi

Old 08-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #312
Cast Iron Jedi

Smoked this one in the Pit Barrel with about half hickory chunks among the charcoal. Best smoke flavor yet, and you can see a bit of a smoke ring there.

This took about 6.5 hour, including an hour rest. Temp was between 197 and 201 when I took it out of the smoker.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #313
Fight, build, win!

Yum
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #314
Be Kind To Your Pets

I felt good enough today to get out my Weber Smokey Mountain and do a little smokin'. Did some baby back ribs, a turkey breast and a couple sausage ropes; made pit beans and "Dirty Deviled Eggs."

I use a combination of rubs from Three Pigs, Gates and some of my own stuff. Soaked the ribs overnight in apple juice and apple cider vinegar, used a mustard base to hold the dry rub. On the turkey I brined it overnight in kosher salt, sugar, soy sauce and water. I use Arthur Bryant's rub with canola oil to hold it on; beans are a secret recipe, sorry, won't share that.

All done in the Weber over hickory. Shared a lot of it with my neighbor who's going through some rough times right now. It was good to be able to get outside and do something fun again.

The eggs are not smoked, but I use this seasoning called "Todd's Dirt" over the top. I like to use that or Old Bay. The key ingredient to good deviled eggs are miracle whip, dry mustard, pickle juice, garlic powder and salt/pepper.

Today did not suck!
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #315
I like Pie!

Quote:
Pic sucks because it was so bright out I couldn't see shit. I wasn't even sure the pork was in the frame.

What are you talking about the pic sucked? You should frame it.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.