Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2024, 09:54 AM  
MVP

2024 First Round Mock Final

A likely not-so-award-winning rendition... enjoy.

01. Chicago Bears - QB Caleb Williams, USC
02. Washington Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
03. New England Patriots - QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
04. Arizona Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
05. Minnesota Vikings (t/LAC) - QB J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
06. New York Giants - WR Malik Nabers, LSU
07. Tennessee Titans - OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame
08. Atlanta Falcons - ER Dallas Turner, Alabama
09. Jacksonville Jaguars (t/CHI) - WR Rome Odunze, Washington
10. New York Jets - OT Troy Fautanu, Washington
11. Los Angeles Chargers (t/MIN) - OT J.C. Latham, Alabama
12. Denver Broncos - QB Bo Nix, Oregon
13. Las Vegas Raiders - CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo
14. New Orleans Saints - OT Olu Fashanu, Penn State
15. Indianapolis Colts - TE Brock Bowers, Georgia
16. Kansas City Chiefs (t/SEA) - WR Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
17. Chicago Bears (t/JAX) - DE Jared Verse, Florida State
18. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
19. Buffalo Bills (t/LAR) - WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - OC Graham Barton, Duke
21. Miami Dolphins - DT Byron Muprhy II, Texas
22. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Terrion Arnold, Alabama
23. Los Angeles Chargers (t/MIN) - DE Darius Robinson, Missouri
24. Dallas Cowboys - WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
25. Green Bay Packers - DB Cooper DeJean, Iowa
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Laiatu Latu, UCLA
27. Arizona Cardinals - CB Nate Wiggins, Clemson
28. Los Angeles Rams (t/BUF) - DT JerZhan Newton, Illinois
29. Detroit Lions - CB Kool Aid McKinstry, Alabama
30. Baltimore Ravens - OT Amarius Mims, Georgia
31. Las Vegas Raiders (t/SF) - QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington
32. Seattle Seahawks (t/KC) - OC/G Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:42 AM   #16
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
You realize they are the same size, BTJ gives up about 25lbs to him and is a night and day faster right?
I have a couple buddy's that are still Martyball Acolytes and both of them desperately want us to trade up to 20 or so for Bowers and think it would be organizational negligence not to do so if that possibility exists.

I think the Bowers or Bust crowd are throwback fans.

I can't wrap my head around wanting Bowers over Thomas at all. But I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my board if he fell all the way to 32. I'm just loudly anti TE in the first round.

I don't think we need to drop those kind of assets on the position to get excellent production from it. That's a competitive advantage we have that I don't want to surrender.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:43 AM   #17
MVP

Not to mention Bowers is on the small side when compared to the greats or even the goods. He is good but I think the way Georgia plays and being the icing on a weak tight end class has pushed him up a lot of boards. A lot of early round tight ends just end up being regular tight ends. Most of the best are developed after getting to the league.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:46 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I have a couple buddy's that are still Martyball Acolytes and both of them desperately want us to trade up to 20 or so for Bowers and think it would be organizational negligence not to do so if that possibility exists.

I think the Bowers or Bust crowd are throwback fans.

I can't wrap my head around wanting Bowers over Thomas at all. But I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my board if he fell all the way to 32. I'm just loudly anti TE in the first round.

I don't think we need to drop those kind of assets on the position to get excellent production from it. That's a competitive advantage we have that I don't want to surrender.
He's a good athlete but IMO he's kind of small for a real tight end. IDK that he will ever block like a true in line tight end. I realize Kelce doesn't do that much now but he was always a solid in line effort blocker in his younger days. Tight ends don't have to be Kittle but would you want Bowers coming out of a 3 point to block furious george?

I'm also willing to admit his measurables and the picture of him with Gronk soured me a little. I was a huge Bowers fan.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:01 AM   #19
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Not to mention Bowers is on the small side when compared to the greats or even the goods. He is good but I think the way Georgia plays and being the icing on a weak tight end class has pushed him up a lot of boards. A lot of early round tight ends just end up being regular tight ends. Most of the best are developed after getting to the league.
I just can't see an area where he's obviously better than Dalton Kincaid. That's not worth trading up for.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:24 AM   #20
Starter

I can't imagine trading up that far for BTJ. Only one truly impressive season, playing with Nabers and Daniels. I'd take him at 32, of course.
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:54 AM   #21
Veteran

A top WR is apparently worth 30m per year on the free market. Travis Kelce's latest contract was 14m per.

The 16 overall pick is going to get paid about 3m per year I think. The extra cap excess value from from taking a WR (27m vs 11m) means you definitely shouldn't be trading up for Bowers. I think Bowers could fall surprisingly far.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-19-2024, 12:48 PM   #22
Veteran

If the draft actually fell like this, I would probably be happier with a small trade up for Mims or Newton
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2024, 03:12 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
A top WR is apparently worth 30m per year on the free market. Travis Kelce's latest contract was 14m per.

The 16 overall pick is going to get paid about 3m per year I think. The extra cap excess value from from taking a WR (27m vs 11m) means you definitely shouldn't be trading up for Bowers. I think Bowers could fall surprisingly far.
Quality perspective.

I'd counter with I saw a stat that 64% of 1st round WRs bust. Spending what it might take to go all the way up to the mid teens for BTJ could be a big miss that CPers would be barking about for years lololol Would be interesting to compare bust stats for other positions too, especially LT.

Anyways, I personally want to move up for BTJ so I say roll the dice Veach!!!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.