Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2023, 03:16 PM   #2
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Ill never get why people rush to get on a plane, your seat is waiting for you. Or take their sweet ass time getting off the plane.

We came back from Mexico yesterday and came through Dallas and had about 75 minutes to get through customs to make our connecting flight. People were taking their sweet ass time getting their carry ons out of the overheads. I was getting pissed off. Thankfully we made it with about 10 minutes to spare because customs was on point like I've never seen before.
Southwest... no assigned seats and everyone lines up nicely to wait their turn.

Every other airline.. assigned seats and mass chaos to be the first to board so you can sit in your uncomfortable seat the longest and have to get up a time or two to let people in the row.

No idea why other airlines haven't adopted a form of Southwest's organization, even if they kept the assigned seating... if for no other reason than early boarders not having to shove their way through people.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:24 PM   #3
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

Every other airline.. assigned seats and mass chaos to be the first to board so you can sit in your uncomfortable seat the longest and have to get up a time or two to let people in the row.

No idea why other airlines haven't adopted a form of Southwest's organization, even if they kept the assigned seating... if for no other reason than early boarders not having to shove their way through people.
I've flown SW many times, its been a while. I'm not a huge fan of the concept but the prices and service are usually decent. For short domestic flights it makes sense but longer stuff with connections etc...I don't care for it.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:32 PM   #4
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
I've flown SW many times, its been a while. I'm not a huge fan of the concept but the prices and service are usually decent. For short domestic flights it makes sense but longer stuff with connections etc...I don't care for it.
Southwest is great if you live in the Midwest and everywhere in the mainland USA is 3 hours away. I flew Austrian air once, Euro carries are so much better than anything in the USA. It's nice not being treated like cattle with a debit card.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:35 PM   #5
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
I don't like the no assigned seats but Southwest definitely has better service and prices between Sacramento and KC than other airlines.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:33 PM   #6
Kind of a mod

Quote:

I'd be OK if they gave people a sequence number or whatever just to reduce the mad rush to get on, but I prefer the assigned seats personally. I've grown to love hanging out in lounges until I absolutely have to leave, so having to get there an extra 15-20 minutes early just so I can get on and sit in an uncomfortable seat even longer is kind of frustrating.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:38 PM   #7
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'd be OK if they gave people a sequence number or whatever just to reduce the mad rush to get on, but I prefer the assigned seats personally. I've grown to love hanging out in lounges until I absolutely have to leave, so having to get there an extra 15-20 minutes early just so I can get on and sit in an uncomfortable seat even longer is kind of frustrating.
Yeah, I'm never in a hurry to get on the plane and have tempered my urgency to get off asap because people are so damn slow... it's like the rest of the world really ****ing enjoys being on the plane for as long as possible.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:55 AM   #8
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:

The Southwest non-assigned seating s*** is awful. And even if that was great the airline is so awful, unreliable, and trifling.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:02 AM   #9
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The Southwest non-assigned seating s*** is awful. And even if that was great the airline is so awful, unreliable, and trifling.
I assume he's kidding...
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:24 AM   #10
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I assume he's kidding...
And once again you assume wrong.

He is right. The lineup for the Southwest flight yesterday that was close to my gate was orderly while the mass cluster**** at my gate since flight was 100% full was like a mosh pit at an Insane Clown Posse concert.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:27 AM   #11
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
And once again you assume wrong.

He is right. The lineup for the Southwest flight yesterday that was close to my gate was orderly while the mass cluster**** at my gate since flight was 100% full was like a mosh pit at an Insane Clown Posse concert.
I wouldn't know. I'm United 1K. I don't have to line up, unlike peasants like you.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:36 AM   #12
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I wouldn't know. I'm United 1K. I don't have to line up, unlike peasants like you.
There is no way you're a United Airlines 1K.

You have no time to fly with your 200,000 posts on CP and all the time you spend in DC. You're always here.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:28 AM   #13
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I neither love nor hate Southwest's boarding style. I'd rather have an assigned seat, but I'm good at setting an alarm to remind me to check in exactly 24 hours in advance. I haven't ended up in the C's in years and regularly manage to get in the A's. I appreciate that they don't have all the obnoxious fees of other airlines, seats being one of them.

But I do feel bad for people who get on last and end up having to split up their group because of it. The same thing can happen with other airlines of course, but at least you know it when you book and can make a decision about it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:53 AM   #14
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Nobody's telling you when to line up.

Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:57 AM   #15
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Nobody's telling you when to line up.

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.