Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-13-2020, 04:04 PM  
'Tis my eye!

YouTube TV setup question...

Hey resident YTTV experts, I have a question.

My parents ditched AT&T DirecTV for YouTube. They have two Roku devices.

My dad got it setup on one of them but they can't get it working on the 2nd. I have never used it so I'm at loss as to the issue. I would think it would be as simple as installing the app and logging in but apparently, there's some type of sharing setup or something?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
Banned

Try creating a family group. I've only shared out once and it works. Might need a group to manage more.

I shared mine out to someone in KC and just changed my profile zip code for her to get local broadcasting (it didn't affect my zip on my AZ tv's). I also have it on another TV making a total of 3.

I wonder if changing my zip code in AZ would work for me to get Chiefs games via local feed. Hmm.

Last edited by eDave; 12-13-2020 at 04:35 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

I had a trial of it about a month ago. Had it on two different TVs with no issues. I don’t remember having to do anything special??
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
Future NBA Finals MVP

Not sure what their issue is. You just get 3 streams at one time, so they shouldn't have any issue. You can put it on as many devices as you want but some devices don't support YouTubeTV due to contract rights or something.

I had this ghetto Hustle TV box thing, and I could download youtube tv app on it but it was not supported and Youtube wouldn't allow it to work.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
Ain't no relax!

On some devices, you have to connect to https://tv.youtube.com/activate on a mobile device on the same network, and then enter an activation code that should be displayed on the screen of the Roku.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
On some devices, you have to connect to https://tv.youtube.com/activate on a mobile device on the same network, and then enter an activation code that should be displayed on the screen of the Roku.
Yes, i do remember doing that on both devices. One a Roku, the other an LG tv.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Yes, i do remember doing that on both devices. One a Roku, the other an LG tv.
Should get an input screen on that and it doesn't seem like he did as it's rather self explanatory.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Try creating a family group. I've only shared out once and it works. Might need a group to manage more.

I shared mine out to someone in KC and just changed my profile zip code for her to get local broadcasting (it didn't affect my zip on my AZ tv's). I also have it on another TV making a total of 3.

I wonder if changing my zip code in AZ would work for me to get Chiefs games via local feed. Hmm.
Yeah he said something about it telling him to setup a family group
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:58 PM   #9
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:

I had a privacy/location blocking that I had to turn off to get YouTube to to work. So I don't think it would be as easy as a fake zip code. But no doubt there would be a way to do some sort of VPN.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:09 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I had a privacy/location blocking that I had to turn off to get YouTube to to work. So I don't think it would be as easy as a fake zip code. But no doubt there would be a way to do some sort of VPN.
Eh. A stream is a stream.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:57 AM   #11
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

I've actually tested out the location services aspect of Youtube.TV quite a bit. Here's a quick rundown:

Youtube.TV uses the device's location services. So, it's completely dependent on where the device is physically located, as to what stations you will receive. If you are physically located in KC, and are accessing KC internet, you will see a welcome screen that says something like "Welcome to the Kansas City viewing area." That can bee spoofed on some platforms or using VPN, to choose any location you want. Which would absolutely allow you to get Chiefs games via local feed. But... if you are on a Youtube.TV plan, the Youtube app on each device requires that the you physically "Check in" every 3 months with the local area you are supposed to be located in. Meaning, if I share my Youtube.TV family with somebody in Alaska, their device must check in every 3 months from the Kansas City area to continue to get local stations. Which makes it hard to share accounts with people outside of your viewing area. I share with my sister who's in a different viewing area, and I had to set up a GPS location spoofer for her Android TV device, to be able to fake check in to the KC area every 3 months.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote