Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:31 PM   #271
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
With his 28 and 7 comment after the game, I doubt Horn takes a snap with a game in doubt the rest of the season.

And when 2024 rolls around, we'll be ****ing the same chicken, pissed about Cook's ceiling, but stuck because the coaching staff will want to stay with the experienced starter.
Hopefully we won’t have to because Drinkwitz won’t be here….
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:33 PM   #272
The man you could post like.

Quote:
With his 28 and 7 comment after the game, I doubt Horn takes a snap with a game in doubt the rest of the season.

And when 2024 rolls around, we'll be ****ing the same chicken, pissed about Cook's ceiling, but stuck because the coaching staff will want to stay with the experienced starter.
Not necessarily. If this is STILL the best Drinkwitz can muster it's not a guarantee he makes it to 2024. This team is going to get waffle stomped in SEC play, especially after Burden is out for the year.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:37 PM   #273
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Then I hope you enjoy having the 20 most talented players get poached.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:39 PM   #274
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
You could tell that from 5 passes huh?
You couldn't?

Because yeah - it was pretty damn apparent.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:46 PM   #275
Starter

Been a pretty staunch supporter of Drink, but if he says there’s a QB competition, then let Horn sling it. 5 attempts to 17? Certainly how the game played out played some part of that, but he didn’t even give him a real chance to get evaluated. Really rooting for Cook, but I just don’t see it.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:50 PM   #276
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Then I hope you enjoy having the 20 most talented players get poached.
There’s the possibility of that happening no matter what and if he isn’t getting anything out of them, what does it really matter?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:51 PM   #277
Banned!

Quote:
Am I missing something here? Drink has put together an insanely talented team that played pretty well tonight. You're ready to fire the guy? WTF is wrong with you?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:52 PM   #278
Banned!

Quote:
There’s the possibility of that happening no matter what and if he isn’t getting anything out of them, what does it really matter?
What are you watching? Honest question.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:55 PM   #279
Starter

Quote:
Like players, coaches improve too. He’s been successful at every level he’s been at so far. Remember the Peat goal line fumble against Auburn? The bullshit roughing the punter penalty? We were a hair away from 8 wins last year with torn labrum Cook. I wouldn’t write Drink off just yet. I don’t agree with how he handled the QB competition tonight, but I think that an intellectually honest person can see that there’s something to Drink that SHOULD give you optimism.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:55 PM   #280
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Am I missing something here? Drink has put together an insanely talented team that played pretty well tonight. You're ready to fire the guy? WTF is wrong with you?
Exactly.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:59 PM   #281
Now you've pissed me off!

The program is in a very tenuous spot. Firing Drinkwitz would mean four different coaches in nine years. That's tough for a middling P5 team in the toughest conference to survive. I really, really want him to work out, because there is elite upside with his recruiting. Missouri will have this NIL advantage for a very short period of time, and if they miss this window, they will be set back perhaps a decade.

They have to thread the needle of having an NIL advantage to pair with an ascending team to give them a level of panache that a team like Oregon had 25 years ago. If Drinkwitz gets fired, the wheels fall off recruiting and the established talent will leave. That's why Cook worries me. He's good enough to get you to a bowl game, but he kneecaps the passing game. Cook has the rare ability to both lose you games (FLA) and not win you games.

Horn will lose them more games than Cook this year. But he also has the potential to win them games that Cook never will.

Three times last year, Cook had a chance to drive the team down and give them a signature win. And every time he failed.

The program needs to take the risk. And it won't. And that's a goddamned shame.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:03 PM   #282
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Did I say fire him? No I didn’t….

Played pretty well tonight? What were YOU watching?

That’s a 3 win FCS team that went toe to toe with you in the second half….sloppy penalties, the place kicker is mind ****ed now, Brady Cook and this offense looks EXACTLY THE SAME as last year.

Sorry if I’m not crying tears of joy over not even covering the spread….
Old 08-31-2023, 10:03 PM   #283
Starter

Quote:
The program is in a very tenuous spot. Firing Drinkwitz would mean four different coaches in nine years. That's tough for a middling P5 team in the toughest conference to survive. I really, really want him to work out, because there is elite upside with his recruiting. Missouri will have this NIL advantage for a very short period of time, and if they miss this window, they will be set back perhaps a decade.

They have to thread the needle of having an NIL advantage to pair with an ascending team to give them a level of panache that a team like Oregon had 25 years ago. If Drinkwitz gets fired, the wheels fall off recruiting and the established talent will leave. That's why Cook worries me. He's good enough to get you to a bowl game, but he kneecaps the passing game. Cook has the rare ability to both lose you games (FLA) and not win you games.

Horn will lose them more games than Cook this year. But he also has the potential to win them games that Cook never will.

Three times last year, Cook had a chance to drive the team down and give them a signature win. And every time he failed.

Great post. Sort of where I’m at. I’m probably naive but since Cook is clearly QB1 in the staff’s eyes, I’m hoping that his injury limited him.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:13 PM   #284
In Search of a Life

I think the big thing is I am still waiting to see the Offensive prowess from Drinkwitz.

Beyond Brady Cook being all dink and dunk, the Offense still looks sloppy and unprepared in general. They've had 2 years to build things up around him and it just looks mostly shitty.

He has an OC now, so what's the reason this time?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:21 PM   #285
Inmem 2.0

Quote:

*first time meme*
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.