Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine

Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again

Last edited by Simply Red; 03-29-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:01 PM   #331
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Fantastic!
thanks. long way to go but it’s a start.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #332
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I've lost 10 lbs since January but I'm really wanting lose about another twenty bls before June 1st but I'll be lucky lose 5 to 10 bls by then. I hate being hungry. Working nights I just want to eat at work not much to do and I go home wanting to eat before I go to bed.

I have been working out some at home trying to cardio with 15lbs dumb bells ready move up to 20lbs.

I know bananas are good potassium sores what else is good to keep from waking up with calf cramps?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #333
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Thanks Simply Red for this thread you seem to be a nice guy. I hope being a nice guy doesn't keep the girls not interested because girls don't like nice guys they pretend to like nice guys but they like assholes better as I found out.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #334
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Thanks Simply Red for this thread you seem to be a nice guy. I hope being a nice guy doesn't keep the girls not interested because girls don't like nice guys they pretend to like nice guys but they like assholes better as I found out.
ha you're welcome pal. Dating isn't my priority right now - I wouldn't date right now regardless.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:46 AM   #335
Starter

Took me a year to drop 100 lbs. Another year to prove I can keep it off. I’m on year 3 and working to reduce body fat %. I have found this to be harder than the first two years. My fitness pal is good for general tracking, but accuracy and considering strength training calories it was not so good. I kept to a 1600 calorie daily diet and exercised daily. Cardio and strength training are a must.
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #336
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken View Post
Took me a year to drop 100 lbs. Another year to prove I can keep it off. I’m on year 3 and working to reduce body fat %. I have found this to be harder than the first two years. My fitness pal is good for general tracking, but accuracy and considering strength training calories it was not so good. I kept to a 1600 calorie daily diet and exercised daily. Cardio and strength training are a must.
Thats fantastic. Well done sir!

Care to share some cliff notes on how you got rid of the fat? Asking for a friend.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #337
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
JFC! There are a bunch of dumbasses in this thread.

From the FDA:

Why 2000 Calories?

When developing the new food label a base for % Daily Values was needed — a new feature to help customers see at a glance the fat and other nutrient content of a certain food. A mathematically simple 2,000 calorie-a-day diet was chosen so that consumers could easily calculate the Daily Values needed for their own diets.

This is the amount of total calories per day that a moderately active adult female (weighing approximately 132 pounds) would need to maintain her weight. However, if you do not fit this description, your caloric needs will vary. It is important, therefore, that you adapt the new food label to make the best choices for your own diet.

Hmm... What's 132 x 15? 1980 calories. 15 calories per day per pound of weight is a good estimate for maintenance. A 200 lb. person needs 3000 calories to maintain their weight.

A 132 lb. woman that consumes less than 1300 calories is considered under nourished. A 200 lb. man that consumes less than 2000 calories is also under nourished. That's fine for a weight loss plan, but detrimental as a "normal" intake of calories.

BTW, if you eat at restaurants you're probably consuming way more calories than you think. There have been several lawsuits brought against food chains that claim "low cal"... but when tested there was nothing low cal about it.
Quote:
After asking Lord Silock if it were true - here was his response ->> "It can be. It depends on what the weight consists of. Someone might weigh 200 lbs and be muscular, which requires a few more calories per pound to maintain than someone who weighs 200 lbs but has a lot of body fat. Body fat doesn't require nearly as many maintenance calories as muscle."

Speaking of dumbasses, it's posts like Stewie's with bad math.

To expand on Silock's response which is right:

A 200lb, very muscular male with 10% bodyfat, has a higher basal metabolic rate and needs more calories per day just to maintain his bodyweight due to his high percentage of weight being muscle. Factor in that he probably works out very hard to get his physique, he's burning quite a few calories per day and likely needs 3000-3500 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight, fluctuations accounting for exercise intensity from day to day.

A 200lb, very average man, with 20-25% bodyfat (this is what most average gym-goers have for bodyfat, if not more), has a lower basal metabolic rate to maintain his bodyweight as fat does not require as many calories per day to maintain. Given that this person works out a few hours per week like many regular gym-goers and likely only with average to low intensity exercise, this 200lb man very likely only needs 2000 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight.

In simple terms, gain muscle and burn more calories with your workout. You'll be able to eat more to maintain your bodyweight.

Hope that helps.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #338
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
ha you're welcome pal. Dating isn't my priority right now - I wouldn't date right now regardless.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #339
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Thats fantastic. Well done sir!

Care to share some cliff notes on how you got rid of the fat? Asking for a friend.
I did what effectively amounted to a lifestyle change. Sugar, specifically refined sugar is poison. This was and still is very difficult. I really enjoy sweets and my wife is a fantastic baker. This is not to say that I don't enjoy a slice of pie, or cake or ice cream once in a blue moon. Next, I gave up beer. Also very hard, because I like the heavier beers (stouts, IPA, etc...). Now that I've lost my weight, I drink a beer on occasion, but since I no longer have the mass to absorb it nor the tolerance I once had...I only need two beers.

Workout while I was losing the weight was everyday, 60 minutes of steady state cardio. I'm a big believer in body confusion and convinced myself that once the routine became easy, I needed to change it up. I feel if its not hard and you're not pushing yourself, you aren't doing anything. I primarily do HIIT now and do circuit training for my strength training. I do the circuit before I do my HIIT. This has been tremendous, and there is a nice feeling of being drained...strange, but I kind of like it.

The foundation that has maintained my discipline during all of this was and still is, don't do this for nothing. I didn't do 60 minutes of hell on the eliptical, just to blow all of those gains on a bunch of beer or ice cream, or....

I used other success stories as encouragement. I knew friends that achieved results and realized that we weren't all that different, and if they could do it, there wasn't any reason why I couldn't. The body fat percentage has been a challenge. I'm trying intermittent fasting, but the 16/8 has been difficult, mainly because at the 14/15 hour mark, I am getting hungry. Hope this helps on your journey. I know you can do it...or your friend can do it!
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #340
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Speaking of dumbasses, it's posts like Stewie's with bad math.

To expand on Silock's response which is right:

A 200lb, very muscular male with 10% bodyfat, has a higher basal metabolic rate and needs more calories per day just to maintain his bodyweight due to his high percentage of weight being muscle. Factor in that he probably works out very hard to get his physique, he's burning quite a few calories per day and likely needs 3000-3500 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight, fluctuations accounting for exercise intensity from day to day.

A 200lb, very average man, with 20-25% bodyfat (this is what most average gym-goers have for bodyfat, if not more), has a lower basal metabolic rate to maintain his bodyweight as fat does not require as many calories per day to maintain. Given that this person works out a few hours per week like many regular gym-goers and likely only with average to low intensity exercise, this 200lb man very likely only needs 2000 calories a day to maintain his bodyweight.

In simple terms, gain muscle and burn more calories with your workout. You'll be able to eat more to maintain your bodyweight.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Thank you both - Lew, feel free to hang around and not be ****y. We need your experience.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #341
Go Beavers!

Yesterday was an up day with a target of 2500 calories. I ended up at 2280. I weighed 219.6 this morning, which was surprising. I don't usually weigh less after an up day.

Another up day tomorrow with a target of 2500-2700 calories. Tomorrow will be my official one week weigh in (started at 225.2).
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #342
Go Beavers!

Quote:
I know bananas are good potassium sores what else is good to keep from waking up with calf cramps?
Greens, mushrooms, potatoes, beans and pork are all high in potassium. This is a good tool for finding foods high or low in certain nutrients: http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search

I like to change it from per 100 gram serving to per 200 calorie serving as you get fewer things like "dried parsley flakes"

I can get horrible calf cramps at night when I am losing weight. For me personally, I found supplementing with potassium did nothing. I finally found it was salt I was low on. I have to make sure I get enough salt now or the cramps come back.

I suspect it isn't sodium or potassium themselves, it's an imbalance between the two that causes the cramps. So if one doesn't work, try the other.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #343
Inmem 2.0

Just PM Lew or Penz on where to get Tren. After 3 months you'll be where it takes most natties 2-3 years to get to.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #344
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Just PM Lew or Penz on where to get Tren. After 3 months you'll be where it takes most natties 2-3 years to get to.
Unlike you, I don’t need a shortcut to replace hard work.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #345
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Quote:
I've lost 10 lbs since January but I'm really wanting lose about another twenty bls before June 1st but I'll be lucky lose 5 to 10 bls by then. I hate being hungry. Working nights I just want to eat at work not much to do and I go home wanting to eat before I go to bed.

I have been working out some at home trying to cardio with 15lbs dumb bells ready move up to 20lbs.

Drink way more water, stretch more, and add some salt to your water too.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.