Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2023, 02:07 PM  
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***

New thread to discuss all things MU Basketball related heading into year 2 of the Gates era.

Thus far we've had a couple of misses in the portal and lost a non-factor. I suppose I can update the OP as roster changes come about.

Updates:

2023-2024 roster:

Spoiler!

Is it just me or is that a MASSIVE roster?

Departures: Hodge, Gomillion, Gholston, Sterberg (eligibility). Brown, Mosely (pro), DeGray, Diarra (transfer)

2024 Commitment list:

Marcus Allen -- 4* forward
Antonio (T.O.) Barrett -- 4* Guard
Peyton Marshall -- 4* Center
Annor Boateng -- 4* Guard
Trent Burns -- 4* Center

Probable Rotation:
Spoiler!

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 11-07-2023 at 10:31 AM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:15 PM   #181
MVP

This team is pretty damn good protecting the basket and getting blocks. 2nd in the nation in block percentage.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:40 PM   #182
Supporter

I would like them to work on the rebounding part of the game. That is a weakness. Good game otherwise.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:39 PM   #183
MVP

I want to congratulate Mizzou on winning the game. Your pep band was lit.
https://x.com/wexboy_value/status/17...IqjX5OKa44XXvw
ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:54 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo View Post
I want to congratulate Mizzou on winning the game. Your pep band was lit.
https://x.com/wexboy_value/status/17...IqjX5OKa44XXvw
That was awesome. Found some more stuff of theirs.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 12-03-2023 at 08:00 PM..
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 08:00 PM   #185
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
I would like them to work on the rebounding part of the game. That is a weakness. Good game otherwise.
WSU is a a good rebounding team. Very long bigs.

Unfortunately the team has no Point Guard.
ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:22 PM   #186
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
Seems to be worlds better than last year at rebounding.

2022 - 30.3 RPG and 2.7 blocks/gm
2023 - 34.0 RPG and 6.6 blocks/gm

We haven't hit conference play, so I'm guessing those numbers will go down.

Last edited by dlphg9; 12-03-2023 at 08:32 PM..
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:35 PM   #187
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo View Post
WSU is a a good rebounding team. Very long bigs.

Unfortunately the team has no Point Guard.
Yeah WSU averages 45.3 RPG. You guys can get on the boards.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:31 PM   #188
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I have hope for Dennis Gates, but what has ever happened in Mizzou basketball history that would lead to anything other than cynicism? Plus 8 out of the last 10 years we've had absolute ass suck for coaching and recruiting.
Sorry, meant to reply to this the other night but forgot.

Let me address your comment about "anything other than cynicism". First, we have a new coach that doesn't seem to have his head up his ass. Second, when this new coach was given the talent that was still around from the last regime, I thought that his way of getting those players to play together was quite impressive.

Now, to address losing to Jackson State. After last year's level of moderate success (especially compared to the previous few years), the team turned over a large number of players, essentially a big chunk of their starters. In my eyes, constructing a roster and building a decent team out of that takes some time. Carter and Honor were really the only starters coming back and neither of them were really ever the focus of the team. So I'm willing to overlook a shit loss like Jackson State as long as the team shows signs of potential, like they did in wins over Minnesota, Wichita State or Pitt. Those aren't all-world wins but this team just doesn't look that bad to my eye and they seem to have improved in several aspects, particularly rebounding. They've gone cold a couple of nights but that happens to everyone.

Missouri has also started to have some sustained success on the recruiting trail so couple that with what I've already said and then one can see why I'm not ready to nuke the program or completely shit on them because of one shitty loss. There's reason to believe their trajectory is on an upward path.

Now, last, and this deals explicitly with the cynicism comment. Being a Chiefs fan was ****ing miserable for a lot of years. Even during the 90s and the early 2000s when we had a shot. Now, with Pat at the helm, it's taken a little bit of the sting away. Not all of it is gone, but some of it is. Accordingly so, I've decided to just watch the games and enjoy the experience, as opposed to tying up any of my mental health or happiness in the results of a ****ing game. If the Chiefs/Missouri do well, cool. If not, no biggie. The world certainly isn't ending either way.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:46 AM   #189
Keep Camp Home!

Good effort
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:35 AM
WhawhaWhat
This message has been deleted by WhawhaWhat.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:58 PM   #190
The Insider

Gates passes a big test. Keeping a top in-state recruit in Missouri.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:42 PM   #191
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Gates passes a big test. Keeping a top in-state recruit in Missouri.
Big ass get
Old 12-14-2023, 12:02 AM   #192
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Missouri has enough basketball talent that if you could close the borders, you're a perennial top 25 team. Maybe not a Final 4 squad with just in-state talent, but a team that should be in consideration for the Sweet 16 most years.

Then again, we've been saying that for...what...30 years?

Nobody's managed the trick yet...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:18 AM   #193
MVP

Are we entering a golden age for Mizzou sports?

I don't ever remember both the FB and men's BB programs on the verge of this much success at the same time.

If we keep all these hoops recruits, that team could be a force in a couple years.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:57 PM   #194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post

I don't ever remember both the FB and men's BB programs on the verge of this much success at the same time.

If we keep all these hoops recruits, that team could be a force in a couple years.
One thing that seems to help is that these kids seem to love Gates and Eli. Maybe that'll keep kids from transferring out.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:16 AM   #195
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post

Seton Hall sure put some tarnish on that crown you are putting on MizzouMBB
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.