Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:42 PM   #5596
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Not sure who all needs to hear this
Who doesn't like a Hawaiian pineapple pizza with some pumpkin beer and bacon cheesecake.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:10 PM   #5597
Politically Incorrect

IMHO a single flavored beer is the best. It lets that single leading ingredient shine.

Sam Adams Summer Ale - lemon
Hell or High Mango - Mango
Founders Breakfast Stout - Coffee
Lindeman's Kriek - Cherry
New Belgium Citradelic - Tangerine
Yuengling Hershey’s Porter - Chocolate

I think when you try to do too much, you wind up doing nothing.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:31 PM   #5598
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
IMHO a single flavored beer is the best. It lets that single leading ingredient shine.

Sam Adams Summer Ale - lemon
Hell or High Mango - Mango
Founders Breakfast Stout - Coffee
Lindeman's Kriek - Cherry
New Belgium Citradelic - Tangerine
Yuengling Hershey’s Porter - Chocolate

I think when you try to do too much, you wind up doing nothing.
I hate to break this to you but Founder's Breakfast Stout contains both coffee and chocolate. The rest of those beers are OK.

That being said, I've had well balanced and tasty beers that had multiple adjuncts. It's all about balance. Lots of beers have too much of one ingredient and are just as unbalanced as any beer with multiple adjuncts.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-06-2023, 08:34 AM   #5599
Would an idiot do that?

Speaking of beer pilgrimages, my trip to Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock was two years ago today, and had met the legendary KCU that weekend as well.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:13 AM   #5600
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Oh man, I ssssooooo want to try that one, but haven't found it anywhere yet.
What did I tell you!
I believe we have it in local Hy-Vee wine and spirits right now.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:16 AM   #5601
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Speaking of beer pilgrimages, my trip to Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock was two years ago today, and had met the legendary KCU that weekend as well.

Haha!

Can't believe that was 2 years ago

We'll have to do round 2 in the near future
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:18 AM   #5602
Future NBA Finals MVP

The best beer is the one that tastes like beer the least...you know the most watered down so you can't taste the shitty...I'd say that is probably Michelob Ultra or Bud Select.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:20 AM   #5603
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
The best beer is the one that tastes like beer the least...you know the most watered down so you can't taste the shitty...I'd say that is probably Michelob Ultra or Bud Select.
I know this is a foreign concept to you but people like different things than you do. It's ok. I don't like the Fast and Furious movies either but it's OK that you binge them.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:36 AM   #5604
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
What did I tell you!
I believe we have it in local Hy-Vee wine and spirits right now.
I found a place ~30 minutes away that has the Caramel Apple Fandango, Berry Patch Fandango, and Ginger Snap Fresh Batch... just need to get my ass there.

I'll let you know if that doesn't work out though!
Old 09-06-2023, 09:41 AM   #5605
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Thanks for your contribution to the beer thread. Please find the vodka soda thread for any future comments.
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:46 AM   #5606
Would an idiot do that?

I booted him... he's been in here 3 different times just to tell us he doesn't like beer.

And then PM'd me to ask about beer.

via GIPHY

Old 09-06-2023, 10:41 AM   #5607
MVP

As a note:
If there is ever another pilgrimage to Toppling Goliath planned please let me know.
Would love to meet up there, tour TP, Pulpit and even Pivo in Calmar IA.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:15 AM   #5608
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
As a note:
If there is ever another pilgrimage to Toppling Goliath planned please let me know.
Would love to meet up there, tour TP, Pulpit and even Pivo in Calmar IA.
Really hoping to pass through again, even though it might be a year or more down the road.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:19 AM   #5609
Dirty Bit

If any of you are into good Marzen-style beers (Oktoberfest), give Ska Brewing Oktoberfest a taste. Wife and I were on vacation in Buena Vista, CO, last week and a bar received a fresh keg of the 2023 version. Damn good beer. Picked up a six pack yesterday and it's just as good.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:55 PM   #5610
Would an idiot do that?

Picked up a couple 4 packs, plus they had some WeldWerks. They apparently suck at untappd inventory because they didn't have the ginger snap stout or some others. Mentioned "stout season" starts in a month, lame.

And TG nails it again, it's fantastic.

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote