Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6565
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6139
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6542
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6456
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #3271
Fight, build, win!

All excellent sauce, I used to buy Joes KC sauce in the half-gallon jug at Sam's till they stopped stocking.

I also like LC's Blues Hogs and Plowboys which can be found locally here at Walmart Hyvee or Price Chopper.

My all-time favorite though is Rosedale BBQ you can get filled in bottles at the joint. But it has a shelf life as it is not full of preservatives like those others for retail.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:00 PM   #3272
Indian Twitter

It's pretty easy to just throw together a sauce at home but we buy SBRs and then I've using some Ott's Ozark Style here lately. My mom used to use Ott's years ago but that was before there were a gazillion options. Ott's has caught back up to the pack though and is pretty good.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:16 PM   #3273
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Going back to STL, on the grill anyway, and making some barbecued pork steaks for the 4th. If I don't screw them up, they should look like this:

And taste like heaven.

Haven't made them in about 30 years, so we'll see how it goes. Will try to post pics of either success or failure.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:23 PM   #3274
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Oklahoma Joes is my go to. I also bought some Firebugs sauce on the rec of Pablo that was also excellent.

It's tough for me to get shit out here in the boonies. KCBBQ Shop periodically runs a special with free shipping that I load up on shit on. I just try a bunch of shit and see if it's good. Usually is. Credit to KCU for the KCBBQ shop rec.
Feel like the economy has wrecked that free shipping offer from KCBBQ Store as I haven't seen one in a long minute

Funny enough, later this month I'm flying one way to SW Missouri, renting a van and picking up some of my late FiLs tools and driving back to PHX. I'm going the extended way back to a) scoop up my dad and driving his ass out here for a week then flying him home, b) prioritizing a stop at the KCBBQ Store and loading up and c) stop in Ulysses to have lunch with my 95 year old aunt (probably for the last time)

So pretty much road tripping through the ass end of the Midwest through the Southwest with a van full of tools and BBQ sauce

Feel like I should detour around Texas for a few different reasons
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #3275
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Brisket and ends and cheesy corn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow helluva fine job well done there Pablo!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:48 PM   #3276
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
It's pretty easy to just throw together a sauce at home but we buy SBRs and then I've using some Ott's Ozark Style here lately. My mom used to use Ott's years ago but that was before there were a gazillion options. Ott's has caught back up to the pack though and is pretty good.
Yeah my mom kept Maul's or Ott's growing up but when she made her brisket it was her homemade sauce.

It tasted like Rich Davis KC Masterpiece original before Clorox bought it. It was good back then not the crap that is out now. I never thought to have mom write it down before dementia. When she passed we looked through her recipe index cards and couldn't find along with other great recipes just lost. She made a cheesecake in an electric skillet that was out of this world. Can't find and the ones that are on the web all suck.

Those who still have your mother get those favorites on paper or you will regret it.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:23 PM   #3277
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Feel like the economy has wrecked that free shipping offer from KCBBQ Store as I haven't seen one in a long minute

Funny enough, later this month I'm flying one way to SW Missouri, renting a van and picking up some of my late FiLs tools and driving back to PHX. I'm going the extended way back to a) scoop up my dad and driving his ass out here for a week then flying him home, b) prioritizing a stop at the KCBBQ Store and loading up and c) stop in Ulysses to have lunch with my 95 year old aunt (probably for the last time)

So pretty much road tripping through the ass end of the Midwest through the Southwest with a van full of tools and BBQ sauce

Feel like I should detour around Texas for a few different reasons
Sounds....Long.

Are you talking Ulysses KS?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:31 PM   #3278
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Sounds....Long.

Are you talking Ulysses KS?
That's the place
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:33 PM   #3279
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
That's the place
Damn. That's not all that far from me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:40 PM   #3280
Ain't no relax!

Fat spare ribs...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 09:54 PM   #3281
Ultrabanned

Those look perfect fish
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:58 PM   #3282
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Fat spare ribs...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:04 AM   #3283
Politically Incorrect

I miss grilling. Need to buy a grill this year to grill when the heat is over. No way I'm grilling when it's 113° out.

Want some grilled chicken, some clams / oysters, shrimp, steaks, lamb, bone in pork chops, veggies.

Gas grill hooked up to the house.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:28 AM   #3284
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Been teaching and traveling on too many weekends, but today I had nothing, so it's chicken thighs as my plate for the neighborhood cookout. They're brined, trimmed, seasoned, and resting.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #3285
MVP

Steak and Hot Dogs.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.