Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #541
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
Math is obviously NOT his strong suit.

rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #542
Champs!

I would play the same design of defense that Spags had done against Tennessee. Stack the box, with a single high S, and trust your secondary to take care of their man.

It has worked for the most part, outside of busted coverages.

Make Garapollo beat you.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #543
League circle expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I would play the same design of defense that Spags had done against Tennessee. Stack the box, with a single high S, and trust your secondary to take care of their man.

It has worked for the most part, outside of busted coverages.

Make Garapollo beat you.
That could work. . Of course, the titans were on the end of a brutal 4 week road trip. With henry hobbled by a ridiculous workload. With play callers who refused to call uncle, and refs who had been told to get the chiefs to the super bowl.

I really should have listened to you guys. John Q Public likes to watch finesse teams on the big stage
Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 5     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #544
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher View Post
That could work. . Of course, the titans were on the end of a brutal 4 week road trip. With henry hobbled by a ridiculous workload. With play callers who refused to call uncle, and refs who had been told to get the chiefs to the super bowl.

I really should have listened to you guys. John Q Public likes to watch finesse teams on the big stage
Oh so now the refs ****ed you. Feel free to leave CP now, you ****ing moron.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #545
Starter

As for the game, here are my thoughts:

The Chiefs are going to win. Ya'lls offense is just completely absurd and slowing it down is no joke.

That said, I'll address some of the narratives I've seen during this thread.

"This team lost to the Falcons" The 49ers did lose to the Falcons, but 6 of their 11 starters on defense were injured for that game. Based on the reports I've read, only DJ Jones will be missing the Super Bowl. So it'll be a different team than the one that lost to the Falcons.

The other one, and I haven't seen it a ton here, but there is a misconception that Jimmy Garoppolo can't throw the ball. This just isn't true. He is not elite, and certainly not Patrick Mahomes, but he can sling it. He is prone to a mistake or two a game though, but once that mistake happens, he is usually really good after it. The 49ers just haven't asked him to pass the ball in the playoffs, because why would they? They ran it down the throats of the Vikings and Packers. The 49ers typically always go with what is working.

I did see someone mention how the 49ers haven't played anyone good this year, I don't understand that comment at all. The 49ers played the 13-3 Packers twice, the Seahawks twice, the Vikings, the Saints, and the Ravens. The 49ers are about as battle tested as they come.

The other thing I've seen is Chiefs fans talking about how ya'll stopped Derrick Henry, which is very true, and was impressive. That said, the 49ers run a very different ground attack than the Titans do, its not the same beast as the one you just saw.

As I said previously, the Chiefs are probably going to win this game. I think ya'lls offense is too good and the 49ers have struggled against QBs who can get outside of the pocket this year. You also have great pass protection, which will also hurt the 49ers, but by that same token, I don't believe ya'll have faced a DL as good as the Niners either. Ultimately, I think ya'll just have too many weapons and for the 49ers to win, Jimmy G is going to have to outplay Patrick Mahomes, which I just don't see happening.

Best of luck though, hope we have an injury free game and may the best team win!
8taylor2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #546
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Not a career ender. Just, like, a 3 week injury.

You should see some of Clay's comments about Alex Smith if you think what I posted was "disgusting".
I don't think what you said was disgusting, I know it was. Says a lot about the kind of human you are.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #547
League circle expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Oh so now the refs ****ed you. Feel free to leave CP now, you ****ing moron.
You guys warned me it would happen. People want to see mahomes.
Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #548
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Which call did they get wrong? Do tell.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #549
MVP

Will be interesting to see how loose the refs allow holding/interference in the secondary. Titans and Texans both paid the price for early contact on KC receivers. Will NFL let the Niners get away with that?
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #550
Champs!

Quote:

Yeah, the Titans were on a brutal road trip, so at some point, it had to end. Plus, I can tell that the Chiefs made some adjustments in the 2nd quarter that I sensed that Tennessee's run game was beginning to stall. They flooded the box so much, that Tennessee couldn't put enough bodies to clear the way for Henry. It also helps that the backend was, for the most part, disciplined on not giving up a bomb.

As for the refs who had been told to get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, I don't buy that one bit at all. Let me put it this way. There were no controversies at all, compared to last year's gaffes in the AFC and NFC championship games. Also, your coach bailed his running game a little too early than he should had. At least he could have improvised the running game with an speedier back to attack the outside edges or do some jet sweeps to loosen up the box. To my recollection, I didn't see much of that.

Garopollo doesn't scare me. If San Francisco has a QB that is either Watson, Jackson, or Mahomes, then that's one thing. But they don't. They do have a legit defense, I will give them that, but KC has also faced good defenses as well.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #551
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Quote:
Troll. Antifreeze is your friend. Your only friend
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:25 PM   #552
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8taylor2 View Post
As for the game, here are my thoughts:

The Chiefs are going to win. Ya'lls offense is just completely absurd and slowing it down is no joke.

That said, I'll address some of the narratives I've seen during this thread.

"This team lost to the Falcons" The 49ers did lose to the Falcons, but 6 of their 11 starters on defense were injured for that game. Based on the reports I've read, only DJ Jones will be missing the Super Bowl. So it'll be a different team than the one that lost to the Falcons.

The other one, and I haven't seen it a ton here, but there is a misconception that Jimmy Garoppolo can't throw the ball. This just isn't true. He is not elite, and certainly not Patrick Mahomes, but he can sling it. He is prone to a mistake or two a game though, but once that mistake happens, he is usually really good after it. The 49ers just haven't asked him to pass the ball in the playoffs, because why would they? They ran it down the throats of the Vikings and Packers. The 49ers typically always go with what is working.

I did see someone mention how the 49ers haven't played anyone good this year, I don't understand that comment at all. The 49ers played the 13-3 Packers twice, the Seahawks twice, the Vikings, the Saints, and the Ravens. The 49ers are about as battle tested as they come.

The other thing I've seen is Chiefs fans talking about how ya'll stopped Derrick Henry, which is very true, and was impressive. That said, the 49ers run a very different ground attack than the Titans do, its not the same beast as the one you just saw.

As I said previously, the Chiefs are probably going to win this game. I think ya'lls offense is too good and the 49ers have struggled against QBs who can get outside of the pocket this year. You also have great pass protection, which will also hurt the 49ers, but by that same token, I don't believe ya'll have faced a DL as good as the Niners either. Ultimately, I think ya'll just have too many weapons and for the 49ers to win, Jimmy G is going to have to outplay Patrick Mahomes, which I just don't see happening.

Best of luck though, hope we have an injury free game and may the best team win!

What happened against the Saints from your perspective?
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #553
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8taylor2 View Post
I don't think what you said was disgusting, I know it was. Says a lot about the kind of human you are.
Dude, do you need someone to talk to? Or a hug?

It's a online message board with thousands upon thousands of posters from all walks of life. Filled with ego and bravado and satire and exaggeration. Don't get so bent out of shape and feel the need to play 'defender of the realm.' It'll make it a lot easier when someone here eventually wishes AIDS upon you or implores you to drink antifreeze.

We appreciate your thoughts on the 49ers and your contribution. Stick around.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #554
Veteran

Quote:

It's about time you came around and started seeing things our way. We're a pretty smart bunch, and obviously, our team wasn't as soft as yours. There's plenty of room on this wagon for you. Jump on anytime you like, you don't have to ask permission.

*pats the empty seat next to me* Come on Jeffy Boy, climb aboard!
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #555
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
What happened against the Saints from your perspective?
The 49ers were missing Jaquiski Tartt and Drew Brees just picked on his backup the majority of the game. In the games Tartt missed, every team we faced just constantly threw it at Marcell Harris who just was not ready, he gave up big touchdowns and allowed big plays constantly.

I also think Ford missed most of that game. In the games Ford missed, teams just doubled up on Bosa and our pass rush suffered big time.

If you look at our defense in the games we had Ford and Tartt, compared to the ones we didn't, its a night and day difference. Quality of competition also played a factor, but without those two, we were very much a below average defense.