Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:29 AM   #271
C Chiefs once a year!

Right now I'm on day 5 of my 10 day water only fast. I do this every year to clear out/reset my system.

This year I started doing the 6/18 and it helped a bit. I got up to 230lbs and I should be at 200 or less. Since starting the 6/18 early this year I got down to 217 and then started my fast.

A big thing with all of this is just finding something that works for you. Check out this short video and how his diet works for him.

Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:32 AM   #272
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
These are great updates - Thanks for sharing, I've been in the dark on this for a while. The information was out there, I have been putting it off. Good to know it has some great benefits.

Thanks again for sharing. I won't eat until 7AM tomorrow. Do you think a half an toasted wheat egg sandwich is okay to come back off of fasting with?
Quote:
oh I did have about 14-16 ounces of coffee with half and half, no sugar. I know that's not ideal but I don't think it'll matter TOO terribly much for a simple 24 hour job'er.
IF it's just a 24 hour fast then toast and egg is fine. Heck even a 3 day fast it would be fine (my experience).

Coffee alone won't break your fast but adding cream will break it somewhat. Not really a biggie if it's just a little cream.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:57 AM   #273
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
IF it's just a 24 hour fast then toast and egg is fine. Heck even a 3 day fast it would be fine (my experience).

Coffee alone won't break your fast but adding cream will break it somewhat. Not really a biggie if it's just a little cream.
I am going 30 hours - just because of my launch time was really early this AM. So I think it's technically 29 hours if i start back at 7am'ish tomorrow. So this is fine. Good info thanks you guys.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:58 AM   #274
MVP

I break my fast with my biggest meal of the day after working out fasted, that seems to be the best routine for me. Most experts say that's not ideal but it really works for me. My brain super feels sharp, my mood is fantastic and I have a ton of energy for the day with no caffeine. I work out for about 1.5 hours and then have 4 eggs with 4 OZ shredded steak and about 1/2 cup of cheddar. A little prosciutto as well on the side.

For lunch it's usually tuna or chicken, an avocado, some nuts and a skyr yogurt. A few small snacks here and there, usually around 1800 cals, 100 grams of healthy fat and 150 grams of protein. Body feels better than ever, I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:09 AM   #275
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I break my fast with my biggest meal of the day after working out fasted, that seems to be the best routine for me. Most experts say that's not ideal but it really works for me. My brain super feels sharp, my mood is fantastic and I have a ton of energy for the day with no caffeine. I work out for about 1.5 hours and then have 4 eggs with 4 OZ shredded steak and about 1/2 cup of cheddar. A little prosciutto as well on the side.

For lunch it's usually tuna or chicken, an avocado, some nuts and a skyr yogurt. A few small snacks here and there, usually around 1800 cals, 100 grams of healthy fat and 150 grams of protein. Body feels better than ever, I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s.

How long are you fasting at a time? Also, seems so weird but an ad I saw the other day claimed Avocado toast isn't good for you, I thought that was strange.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:12 AM   #276
MVP

Quote:
How long are you fasting at a time? Also, seems so weird but an ad I saw the other day claimed Avocado toast isn't good for you, I thought that was strange.
I fast 18 hours most days, and will occasionally throw in a 24 hour day like you are doing.

Avocados are pretty universally recognized as very healthy, except by those who still think all fats are bad for you. They are incredibly high in fat, so if that's something you consider unhealthy then you might want to stay away from them.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:19 AM   #277
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I fast 18 hours most days, and will occasionally throw in a 24 hour day like you are doing.

Avocados are pretty universally recognized as very healthy, except by those who still think all fats are bad for you. They are incredibly high in fat, so if that's something you consider unhealthy then you might want to stay away from them.
yeah knew that - but It's the good fat (or so I hear.) I'm doing this for basic health, I'm a 34 inch waist still - I've been as big as a 37 (38 were slightly loose) or so a few years ago. Just looking to do this to help sleep better and basic 'overall' health. Thanks for the help!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:42 PM   #278
You Sweetie!

i'm going into my 17th hour - this is easy so far.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:50 PM   #279
Veteran

Stop this intermittent fasting, KETO, No Bread, only bread. Whatever fad diet you're trying this week. Listen, Burn more calories than you consume in a day. PERIOD. You'll lose weight, I promise.
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:57 PM   #280
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
Stop this intermittent fasting, KETO, No Bread, only bread. Whatever fad diet you're trying this week. Listen, Burn more calories than you consume in a day. PERIOD. You'll lose weight, I promise.
Not sure if you're directing this at me, but I'm doing this for other reasons. Thankfully my weight is good RN.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:14 PM   #281
You Sweetie!

think I'll do a mediocre bowl of oatmeal as I come off.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:35 PM   #282
You Sweetie!

great
Old 07-21-2023, 06:40 PM   #283
Banned

good luck and have fun
ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:50 PM   #284
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefChoop View Post
good luck and have fun
TYVM!!
Old 07-21-2023, 07:33 PM   #285
You Sweetie!

I can't WAIT!!! ...to taste my toothpaste here in a few hours, when I brush my teeth.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote