Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #181
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.
It's all about Autophagy and resetting your self my friend.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #182
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.
Like he said, it's about ketosis, autophagy, etc...

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #183
In Search of a Life

I've been doing 16-hour fast for the last 3 weeks. Of course the first week some shit went down at work, and everyone else in my life decided to pounce at the same time. Why does that always happen every time I start a new diet? I was grumpy/obsessed for like 5 days (I call it the hamster wheel in my brain that won't stop spinning no matter how much I want it to). But I pushed past it. I've felt pretty good since then and have been managing the stress much better.

I think one of the things I did wrong that first week was I didn't eat enough. After the first couple nights of going 16 hours without food, my stomach shrank a bunch and I just didn't feel very hungry. My normal lunch seemed like a ton of food. So I wasn't eating very much in that 4pm meal. But ultimately the calorie deficit + dealing with work and other kinds of stress - sent me into orbit. Now I'm making sure to eat a decent meal at 4pm.

This weekend I slept 10-11 hours per night. Must be my body catching up on something. I figured if it wants to sleep let's just sleep.

Last edited by suzzer99; 03-04-2019 at 01:40 PM..
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #184
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I just started a 16 hour fast thing today.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #185
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.

I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #186
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post

You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #187
In Search of a Life

I drink a 16 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper every day at lunch. I also drink diet Red Bulls when I go hiking. Am I going to get cancer?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #188
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.
I fasted for 3 days and my penis looked bigger.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #189
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.
There's lots of (youtube) info that says it can be very beneficial if you do it correctly.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #190
Veteran

I've been doing IF since December and love it.
Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #191
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Well see, it’s worth it.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #192
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
I've been doing IF since December and love it.
I've done it for about a year.

I don't mind it at all but I've never been a big breakfast guy anyway so it's not a big deal .
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #193
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post

Well, sounds like you’re overweight so fasting for a few days probably won’t hurt lol
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #194
MVP

So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #195
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?
No. You still have to eat right.