Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

What do you collect?

I collect:

1. world globes (small collection, because I'm trying to limit myself to one per decade for space purposes)
2. t-shirts from foreign countries, but only if I go to the country
3. refrigerator magnets from any place I travel

I'm starting a fledgling pen collection, too, but only have a few. Pens are cool. I keep threatening to start a salt and pepper shaker collection because they're cheap and there are a lot of fun and creative ones out there, but my wife is wary that they'll take up too much room.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #166
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Or is that a new one with retro-styling?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #167
Banned

With all the ways to listen to music so many are dumping their CD's. I still listen to CD's so been gobbling them up at thrift shops/yard sales the last few years, never spending over a buck a CD, have over 10,000, which is a collection.
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #168
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

So what kind of music do you play? I'm into the rockabilly and some gypsy jazz but no one plays that here in SE Kansas. I've been asked to join a blue grass band and we had a couple of gigs lined up, but then corona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
My "collection" has since tripled 3 times over and my Wife keeps threatening me with bodily harm if I bring any more in the house - so they get "snuck" in.....

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/atta...1&d=1586191144
Haha! Last time I dragged a bass home the wife was like "They aren't stray dogs!"
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #169
Veteran

I'm good a collecting other people's junk. Mostly consisting of

- broken arcade circuit boards
- broken Mercury L6 outboards

Was fixing stuff for a long time and just got bored with it. Can only fix the same thing wrong on Williams Defender/Stargate/etc. and Atari Tempest/Asteroids/etc. or put together an outboard motor before it gets tiresome.

The arcade thing is showing interest in returning. The old outboard stuff isn't; people don't want to mix oil and gas together and have to turn a screw on a carburetor. Plus the ethanol is horrible on stuff made in the 70s and 80s.

Buy high and sell low (or fill your house with junk)...
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #170
Suupraa Geniuuusss

A BCM with bocote handle:

A pic of some of my cues about 25 years ago. Don't even remember what they all are anymore. I do know that the second one from the bottom is a Meucci DH, the third one is a D. Albrecht custom (honey maple handle), and the third one from the top is one of my J. Pechauer Customs. The cue at the top is definitely my old Muecci Hi-Pro 3, the luckiest stick I ever played. Not worth a whole lot (maybe $600?) but won more money and more league championships with that stick than all my other sticks combined:

Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #171
Damnit Peg

GI Joe figures. 3 & 3/4, not the 12 inch.

Last edited by Al Bundy; 04-06-2020 at 10:07 PM..
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
So what kind of music do you play? I'm into the rockabilly and some gypsy jazz but no one plays that here in SE Kansas. I've been asked to join a blue grass band and we had a couple of gigs lined up, but then corona.

Haha! Last time I dragged a bass home the wife was like "They aren't stray dogs!"

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #173
Gimme My Berries Back!

I also collect books, magazines, greeting cards. All kinds: tons of children's books, art, art history, design, typography, travel/geography/culture mags like National Geographics, pictorial encyclopedias and loads of cooking magazines plus books. Then there's the books solely for reading, such as history, politics, economics, history, health and nutrition. Of course, except for the political/economics,history, health/nutrition— it's mainly for the graphics and pictures. In art school we were told to create a large file of such things, but I hardly have any more room. It's time for a major expunging.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #174
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Or is that a new one with retro-styling?
61' out of a private home in Virginia, never commercial, got to see it broken down for first time and all timbers/rails/slate had never been apart.
I had new black diamond rubber (original rubber was still on her) and fresh cloth laid. Doesn't play quite as quick as I'd like but still quality.

Absolutely beautiful group of cues you've collected, I love the Meucci's.
I actually use a snooker cue I grew up with on Australian full size snooker tables, have never been able to make the change to these massive tipped american style pool cues....but do have a super nice old McDermott D-11 I'm going to get tapered down one day so I can give it a whirl.

flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.flinchfree is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #175
Future NBA Finals MVP

Hats. I collect hats.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #176
Wasted away again...

Shot glasses and a little bit of Chiefs and Royals memorabilia.

Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #177
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchfree View Post
61' out of a private home in Virginia, never commercial, got to see it broken down for first time and all timbers/rails/slate had never been apart.
I had new black diamond rubber (original rubber was still on her) and fresh cloth laid. Doesn't play quite as quick as I'd like but still quality.

Absolutely beautiful group of cues you've collected, I love the Meucci's.
I actually use a snooker cue I grew up with on Australian full size snooker tables, have never been able to make the change to these massive tipped american style pool cues....but do have a super nice old McDermott D-11 I'm going to get tapered down one day so I can give it a whirl.

Nice table. And thanks for the compliment.

D-11s are nice cues. My very first cue was a McD. What they call a Freshman now I think.

I've always been a Meucci fan; my second cue was a Meucci, an 84-4, IIRC. Fell in love with the taper and the balance. It was a real bummer for that 15 or so years when their quality went to absolute ass. Was so glad when Bob came back and got re-involved in the production side of the business. That's when I started buying BMCs.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #178
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post

I began playing around 11 years old. Always migrated to the bass. I mean, I also play guitar and piano - but was always interested in the Bass.

Played in a few garage bands up until I was 17 and went into the Army. Always kept a bass close, though. Too damned old to play with a band these days.....

These days I collect - mainly for the tonal qualities of the wood -They give a bass a nice percussive tone. Harder woods include Hard Maple (or Rock Maple), Ebony, Walnut, Paduak, Wenge, Koa and Rosewood. Rosewood is a commonly used wood on the fingerboards of bass guitars and my favorite is Purple Heart. That wood seems to sustain for years.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #179
Veteran

fly rods and guns
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #180
Cheat Death

Moved my vinyl collection over to the new place personally. Now just waiting for a covid sale on a proper display. I guess what makes my collection unique, outside the fact that it's shit no one but me would ever want to listen to, is that the majority of it is either 1st and/or limited pressings. A good portion was purchased at shows in support of touring or local bands. Good number of test presses in there as well.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.