Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #14371
MVP

another great article about Mahomes from nfl.com

The Big Gamble

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/pa...k-mahomes.html

The Kansas City Chiefs placed a sizable bet on Patrick Mahomes, a quarterback who knows a thing or two about taking chances, and it's already showing signs of a big payoff

Last edited by RedRaider56; 09-11-2018 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: wanted to put the article title in the post
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #14372
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Kietzman finally became a Mahomo yesterday

“I’ve been covering the Chiefs since 1985. I’ve been doing this show for going on 23 years and I’ve never said this. I have never said this in my life.

I’m absolutely convinced that the Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes are going to win a Super Bowl.”
What else was the dumbass going to do? If he continued his hate campaign against Mahomes after yesterdays amazing game- this place would run him out of town. What a baffoon. His strategy backfired on him- the ol' Devils Advocate bullshit sank like the Chargers hopes of breaking their losing streak.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #14373
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So I just noticed it on this gif, but lord - look at the ****ing spin rate on that ball.

Getting a throw like that to noise over/down is just unreal. The difference being that if you don't, wind/weather will kill it and/or it could sail on you. A lot of weird shit can happen when you can't drive a ball point down.

And with no legs under him at all and throwing kinda sideways, Mahomes puts one with enough zing on it that it drives itself over and down 30 yards downfield.

The pure arm talent on that kid is something you just don't see.

So my comparison to Kaepernick and Wilson was correct
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #14374
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:

“I’ve been covering the Chiefs since 1985. I’ve been doing this show for going on 23 years and I’ve never said this. I have never said this in my life.

I’m absolutely convinced that the Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes are going to win a Super Bowl.”
He’ll lose listeners if he doesn’t jump on board
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #14375
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Fahey is a stubborn, ignorant asshole. Not gonna admit he was wrong.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #14376
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Fahey is a stubborn, ignorant asshole. Not gonna admit he was wrong.
His entire twitter page is filled with QB takes from the weekend/last night and that’s the only thing I could find on Mahomes.

**** that pillowbiter
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #14377
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
WTF

Okay, so I have watched this throw a dozen times now and I don't understand the physics on this throw. It is baffling. Do we have any astrophysicist on the board that can explain how the ball spins in a downward spiral like a bomb from an airplane? Seriously- have you seen a ball react like that? Reminds me of his preseason throw that changed directions mid-air.

Anyone remember the old Nerf balls with the rocket tails added so you could throw perfect long bomb spirals. They used to nose-down at the end of throws like this.
Spin rate.

If that ball apexes without that kind of spin, it's gonna stay nose up and kinda flutter down. But with the kind of velocity he put on it, at its apex it STILL had the an insane spin rate so when it started to go down, the nose was able to 'grab' and pull the ball down/forward.

Think of it as a rifle round. You have a low velocity round you'll get a lot of tumble earlier in its arc and the ballistics will fall to hell on it. Suddenly your accuracy over distance is essentially a guessing game. High velocity rounds, OTOH, track a hell of a lot truer because they're still spinning at the top of their arc and they continue to drive throughout their flight path.

We just went from a 12 gauge slug to a goddamn .223 magnum round.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #14378
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

**** him.

Everyone knew the bullshit game he was playing.

And everyone knew he was going to eventually do THIS.

**** that guy. You guys need to call in to his shitty little show and put him through the ringer.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #14379
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
**** him.

Everyone knew the bullshit game he was playing.

And everyone knew he was going to eventually do THIS.

**** that guy. You guys need to call in to his shitty little show and put him through the ringer.
Keitzman once asked "What's the difference between Mahomes and Tyler Bray?"

KK
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #14380
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
This is all I could find of this Fahey dude on Mahomes this week:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf/st...10822616100865

First reply was a screenshot of his “Tyreek Hill is Tavon Austin” take
Stop posting his crap.

We don't need to generate clicks for no-nothing morons who don't deserve an audience.

(****, i got some venom this morning)
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #14381
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
another great article about Mahomes from nfl.com

The Big Gamble

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/pa...k-mahomes.html

The Kansas City Chiefs placed a sizable bet on Patrick Mahomes, a quarterback who knows a thing or two about taking chances, and it's already showing signs of a big payoff
Oh that picture is badass.

Stolen and edited for new sig.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #14382
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Spin rate.

If that ball apexes without that kind of spin, it's gonna stay nose up and kinda flutter down. But with the kind of velocity he put on it, at its apex it STILL had the an insane spin rate so when it started to go down, the nose was able to 'grab' and pull the ball down/forward.

Think of it as a rifle round. You have a low velocity round you'll get a lot of tumble earlier in its arc and the ballistics will fall to hell on it. Suddenly your accuracy over distance is essentially a guessing game. High velocity rounds, OTOH, track a hell of a lot truer because they're still spinning at the top of their arc and they continue to drive throughout their flight path.

We just went from a 12 gauge slug to a goddamn .223 magnum round.
So I was right
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #14383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
WTF

Okay, so I have watched this throw a dozen times now and I don't understand the physics on this throw. It is baffling. Do we have any astrophysicist on the board that can explain how the ball spins in a downward spiral like a bomb from an airplane? Seriously- have you seen a ball react like that? Reminds me of his preseason throw that changed directions mid-air.

Anyone remember the old Nerf balls with the rocket tails added so you could throw perfect long bomb spirals. They used to nose-down at the end of throws like this.
Oh yeah, and the pre-season throw (the one to Escobar near the end-zone, right?) was the Magnus Effect in action. I play ball with a guy who simply cannot throw a ball from shortstop without a vicious armside tail because he throws from 3/4 and throws really ****ing hard. Those seams grab the air and pull it.

Look at videos of guys dropping basketballs off dams and stuff and you'll see the best example of it. But the short answer is the same as it is on that throw - the ball does that because Patrick Mahomes throws the ever loving shit out of the football. And the reason he can do that and still put it right where he wants it even with the movement is because his innate understanding of how his body/throw works is absolutely unreal.

Dear eight pound, six ounce, newborn baby Jesus - please keep this man healthy. Because we have NEVER seen a guy that can have the impact on this franchise that Pat Mahomes can. And the league only sees a guy with this kind of ability once a decade or so.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #14384
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Oh yeah, and the pre-season throw (the one to Escobar near the end-zone, right?) was the Magnus Effect in action. I play ball with a guy who simply cannot throw a ball from shortstop without a vicious armside tail because he throws from 3/4 and throws really ****ing hard. Those seams grab the air and pull it.

Look at videos of guys dropping basketballs off dams and stuff and you'll see the best example of it. But the short answer is the same as it is on that throw - the ball does that because Patrick Mahomes throws the ever loving shit out of the football. And the reason he can do that and still put it right where he wants it even with the movement is because his innate understanding of how his body/throw works is absolutely unreal.

Dear eight pound, six ounce, newborn baby Jesus - please keep this man healthy. Because we have NEVER seen a guy that can have the impact on this franchise that Pat Mahomes can. And the league only sees a guy with this kind of ability once a decade or so.
So I was right
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #14385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
So I was right
With regards to?

I believe I once told you to maybe tap the brakes on calling him John Elway during pre-draft discussion but I never once questioned the kid's arm talent. He was my favorite QB in the draft by a fair amount as well.

Is there a discussion you're referencing that I don't recall? Because I've been a big fan of Mahomes for a long while.