Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:31 PM   #18121
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looks damn good to me!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:42 PM   #18122
Ultrabanned

I continue my obsession with Top Sirloin. 17 bucks for that big chunk and it was amazing with a little manipulation

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:10 PM   #18123
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I continue my obsession with Top Sirloin. 17 bucks for that big chunk and it was amazing with a little manipulation

Man that is some perfectly done sirloin, pink and juicy looking A+... its hard to pull that off with sirloin because of how lean it is

Its Taco Saturday here, hit up the local food truck for three carne asada street tacos plus rice and beans for just $11 plus tip for lunch... and tonight is American style beef tacos with Aldi mex cheese blend, minced onion, tomato, lettuce, and sour
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:22 PM   #18124
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Man that is some perfectly done sirloin, pink and juicy looking A+... its hard to pull that off with sirloin because of how lean it is

Its Taco Saturday here, hit up the local food truck for three carne asada street tacos plus rice and beans for just $11 plus tip for lunch... and tonight is American style beef tacos with Aldi mex cheese blend, minced onion, tomato, lettuce, and sour
I'm gonna do taco salad tomorrow night or monday night I'm pretty sure. Same rotation with a little lettuce. Always hits the spot.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:51 PM   #18125
Politically Incorrect

Bon Chon Chicken. 5 drumsticks with garlic soy.

Chicken was dried out and over cooked. Sucked.

I don't think I can pick one place I've eaten at in the last 10 years that hasn't gotten worse. Quality down, service down. Such a disappointment.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:48 AM   #18126
Mod Team

Quote:

Please provide the trick with top sirloin. It's cheap and useful but I don't think I do it well unless I marinade it in something.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:05 AM   #18127
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Please provide the trick with top sirloin. It's cheap and useful but I don't think I do it well unless I marinade it in something.
You're already doing it the right way. But just blade tenderizing or poking with a fork then doing Allegro and garlic for a marinade is the first part. If nothing else you've gotta tenderize and salt them a while.

I changed my process a little this time and it was perfection. I patted dry, left out at room temp for an hour. Salted and used some avo oil to sear over direct high heat for about 4 mins a side. Then moved over to indirect heat and let finish with a probe until it hits 120. Took another 15 mins. Tented and rested with butter for probably 45 mins honestly because I got busy.

Mostly my mind wants to cook a "steak" like a steak. Direct high heat with flipping constantly. Tent and rest 15 mins and you're good to go with typical cuts. These top sirloins are cut so thick and they're so lean I think the hot sear then indirect finish with much longer resting time made all of the difference in the world. And they need to sit out a while to not be cold in the center when they get on the grill. And that 120 mark is important as well. I don't think these are very forgiving cuts when you let them run up into the high 120s or 130 degrees

Last edited by Pablo; 05-05-2024 at 07:32 AM..
Old 05-05-2024, 07:08 AM   #18128
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
This, what is the secret, sensei?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:14 AM   #18129
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
You're already doing it the right way. But just blade tenderizing or poking with a fork then doing Allegro and garlic for a marinade is the first part. If nothing else you've gotta tenderize and salt them a while.

I changed my process a little this time and it was perfection. I patted dry, left out at room temp for an hour. Salted and used some avo oil to sear over direct high heat for about 4 mins a side. Then moved over to indirect heat and let finish with a probe until it hits 120. Took another 15 mins. Tented and rested with butter for probably 45 mins honestly because I got busy.

Mostly my mind wants to cook a "steak" like a steak. Direct high heat with flipping constantly. Tent and rest 15 mins and you're good to go with typical cuts. These top sirloins are cut so thick and they're so lean I think the hot sear then indirect finish with much longer resting time made all of the difference in the world. And they need to sit out a while to not be cold in the center when they get on the grill.
Great job, but now you've got me thinking Sous Vide too. Four+ hours at 120, then a quick sear sounds like a rainy day project.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:21 AM   #18130
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Great job, but now you've got me thinking Sous Vide too. Four+ hours at 120, then a quick sear sounds like a rainy day project.
Do it and report back.

I will also say I've got some thick cuts from hyvee butcher case in these runs. Usually like 10/lb. I don't know how well my specific method works with thinner ones but I'll figure it out lol
Old 05-05-2024, 07:28 AM   #18131

Quote:
Do it and report back.

I will also say I've got some thick cuts from hyvee butcher case in these runs. Usually like 10/lb. I don't know how well my specific method works with thinner ones but I'll figure it out lol
Will do. I'm going to be traveling quite a bit in the coming months (life is good!!!), but hopefully I'll have time between trips to spend some time grilling..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:19 AM   #18132

Old 05-05-2024, 10:19 AM   #18133
Veteran

Had me some baby back ribs this afternoon. We don't have many good places for ribs in London but this place is legit.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote