Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2019, 09:48 AM  
Paladin

Google's Stadia...Thoughts?

So I'm going to leave this here. Don't really know how I feel about this. Maybe a push to be the first option in the next 10 years? Idk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...a_from_google/
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #46
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
In a vacuum sure they can claim whatever they want. They'll blame the consumers lack of quality products if there is any lag. But they have a video/presentation out. Here it is:

The biggest problem is bandwidth caps. You will burn through a 1 terabyte cap in 65 to 100 hours.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #47
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
The biggest problem is bandwidth caps. You will burn through a 1 terabyte cap in 65 to 100 hours.
Yeah that's what I heard. This just isn't practical right now. Might not ever be.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #48
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

I remember the online streaming version of the Sega Genesis. I could only get clay fighters to work.

I still buy hard copies. Because if I don't like it right away I get 95percent of my money back.

But eventually digital or streaming only will be the way. You don't own it. Just a license to play.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #49
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I remember the online streaming version of the Sega Genesis. I could only get clay fighters to work.

I still buy hard copies. Because if I don't like it right away I get 95percent of my money back.

But eventually digital or streaming only will be the way. You don't own it. Just a license to play.
Scary...
Old 06-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #50
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Scary...
It is. But, at the same time, the average player is done with a game long before the developer/publisher stop supporting it. Not saying I agree because I'm one of the players that hold on to great games for a long, long time.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #51
Ain't no relax!

Holy shit!

At Google Stadia's recommended speed for 4K, you'd use 1TB in 65 hours.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...rnet-data-cap/
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #52
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Holy shit!

At Google Stadia's recommended speed for 4K, you'd use 1TB in 65 hours.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...rnet-data-cap/
ummmm

Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #53
In Search of a Life

shit would just destroy my data cap! haha
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #54
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
shit would just destroy my data cap! haha
I love the idea of Stadia but this is definitely not ready for prime time yet. The thought of getting PC level performance without a PC would be wonderful. Lag and bandwidth will kill this quickly.

There is also the problem if Google decides its not profitable and kills it. Any games you purchased are instantly gone.

I'd like to be able to play Destiny 2 on PC but I don't want to fork out the money needed to get a PC that can play it. While my PS4 is slow loading on menus, it plays the game just fine. But damn those ****ing menus are slow.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #55
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
ummmm

LOL... sorry, my bad.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #56
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I love the idea of Stadia but this is definitely not ready for prime time yet. The thought of getting PC level performance without a PC would be wonderful. Lag and bandwidth will kill this quickly.

There is also the problem if Google decides its not profitable and kills it. Any games you purchased are instantly gone.

I'd like to be able to play Destiny 2 on PC but I don't want to fork out the money needed to get a PC that can play it. While my PS4 is slow loading on menus, it plays the game just fine. But damn those ****ing menus are slow.
just buy them in sections, thats what i first did. So now i just upgrade sections as needed and its a bit easier to do it that way!
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:14 AM   #57
Shaken. Not stirred.

I've got a bunch of gamestop credit to burn. Almost tempted to just use it on this.

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/pc-hardw...omputer/159557
Old 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #58
MVP

Data Caps are evil and should be outlawed.

I am thankful that so far Google Fiber has avoided them.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #59
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
I've got a bunch of gamestop credit to burn. Almost tempted to just use it on this.

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/pc-hardw...omputer/159557
The gpu on that rig is way low range, in case you didn't already know that. Tell Q to come up with some better recommendations for you.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #60
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
The gpu on that rig is way low range, in case you didn't already know that. Tell Q to come up with some better recommendations for you.
Yeah I did some checking and that thing is bare minimum. Reminds me why I got out of the PC gaming habit.