Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #901
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
My best friend got a non CMP Springfield m1 Garand in amazing shape for $775 a few years ago from some cop in Topeka that needed money for a medical bill asap.

Thing should be sitting in my closet, but i had to buy a Beretta 92fs about 2 hours before that post popped up on Facebook.

I can't find a Garand for under $1400 now
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #902
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Finally got the new Sig back from the gunsmith. The original wood grips were pretty, but these G10s are far more functional.

Now I've just got to get a good holster for it and I'm good to go.

Simply put, that's art...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #903
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Here's today's contribution to the art world....

Had to clean out the entire safe for this one!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #904
Always ask 'Why?"

Very creative! Rep!
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #905
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Very creative! Rep!
To be fair, the idea is not mine - I saw something similar on Facebook the other day and wanted to recreate it with my own stuff.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #906
Supporter

When you see it, you'll shit.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:37 PM   #907
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Here's today's contribution to the art world....

Had to clean out the entire safe for this one!
Nice!
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM   #908
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Any one have any experience with the Tauras PT111 G2?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/tauru...1031g2-12.html

$209 for a sub compact double stack 9mm? Something must be wrong with it.

thanks
I'm on record here stating that I like my Taurus pistols...I own one revolver and 2 semi autos, a 24-7 compact and a p1911. Both have been great guns, never had any problems with them and in fact I carried the 24-7 until I recently purchased a Sig P320 in 9mm. Gun snobs will say that they are pieces of shit, but most probably don't have a ton of time if any behind one. I've put over 3000 rounds through the 24-7 and I'd carry it no problem, no worries.

Having said that, the Sig P320 is a wet dream. The Taurus is a fine weapon, and good for someone just starting out and on a budget. Working with Taurus has not been too bad, until recently. I had to send the 1911 back (lifetime warranty) when I bought it like 5 years ago for a problem with the slide lock, but it was fixed and returned inside of 10 days, no problem. However, I spent a friggin' year and a half trying to get a 10 round mag for the 24-7 from them, and it was like pulling teeth.

For 200 bucks, I think you're safe to try it out. It's a good pistol for starters.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #909
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
I'm on record here stating that I like my Taurus pistols...I own one revolver and 2 semi autos, a 24-7 compact and a p1911. Both have been great guns, never had any problems with them and in fact I carried the 24-7 until I recently purchased a Sig P320 in 9mm. Gun snobs will say that they are pieces of shit, but most probably don't have a ton of time if any behind one. I've put over 3000 rounds through the 24-7 and I'd carry it no problem, no worries.

Having said that, the Sig P320 is a wet dream. The Taurus is a fine weapon, and good for someone just starting out and on a budget. Working with Taurus has not been too bad, until recently. I had to send the 1911 back (lifetime warranty) when I bought it like 5 years ago for a problem with the slide lock, but it was fixed and returned inside of 10 days, no problem. However, I spent a friggin' year and a half trying to get a 10 round mag for the 24-7 from them, and it was like pulling teeth.

For 200 bucks, I think you're safe to try it out. It's a good pistol for starters.

I am a gun snob? That hurts.

At 209, you can buy it, shoot it, and sale it with minimal loss. If it works well you got a steal.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #910
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am a gun snob? That hurts.

At 209, you can buy it, shoot it, and sale it with minimal loss. If it works well you got a steal.
Shit. You guys should meet my friend who owns the reloading press I use. He was picking apart my new Sig (didn't like the machining of the slide serrations, didn't like the trigger, didn't like the grips, etc.). Basically he hates anything that isn't a $2K+ STI.

Now THAT's a gun snob.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #911
MVP

Quote:
Shit. You guys should meet my friend who owns the reloading press I use. He was picking apart my new Sig (didn't like the machining of the slide serrations, didn't like the trigger, didn't like the grips, etc.). Basically he hates anything that isn't a $2K+ STI.

Now THAT's a gun snob.
I just don't see the point in being that picky. I can by 6 or 7 really nice fully functional weapons for that much coin. But, to each their own I suppose. I have a very large collection and probably could have saved money in the end if I would have just gone with a few really choice pieces.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #912
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
When you see it, you'll shit.
Had to take another look after you said that... NOW I see it, lol

Frazod, what a fish out of water you must be up there in Chicago
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #913
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Had to take another look after you said that... NOW I see it, lol

Frazod, what a fish out of water you must be up there in Chicago
You ain't kidding, brother.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #914
pie is never free

Quote:
You ain't kidding, brother.
All of your neighbors and co-workers must look at you and see your avatar

"The man is a barbarian!"
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #915
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
All of your neighbors and co-workers must look at you and see your avatar

"The man is a barbarian!"
I don't live in Chicago - the suburbs are an entirely different thing.

The people I work with, however, all think I'm a redneck gun-toting lunatic.

There are about 50 people in my firm, and three of them (that I know of) are conservatives, including me. I guess there could be a couple more in hiding, but not many.