Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 07:57 PM  
MVP

2024 NFL Draft: What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently considering the way the board fell in the draft this year?

Round 1, #28: WR Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: OT Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: TE Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: S Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: OL Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: CB Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: IOL C.J. Hanson
B+

Personally, I might've gone with another weapon instead of Hicks at #133 and probably RB Watson at #248 instead of Hanson but I'm no Veach! On second thought, there were some really sexy trade up options in the 4th that I would've liked to see us tap into: Sanders, Franklin, Baker, Walker, Irving, and Wright all went in the 4th and would've been more exciting picks.

I guess MIA is getting roasted a bit in draft circles for trading a 3rd next year to move up in the 4th, so what do I know, but I would've moved up for RB Wright or Irving, maybe Baker, or especially Franklin if I could get that high up! Not too mention BTJ came within reach and I would've preferred him over Worthy, I guess. In a perfect world, maybe a small move up for WR Tahj Washington in the 7th too.

Round 1, #22: WR Brian Thomas Jr (2024 3rd + 2025 3rd)
Round 2, #63: OT Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #119: RB Jaylin Wright (+2025 TEN 2025 3rd)
Round 4, #131: TE Jared Wiley
Round 5, #159: OL Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: CB Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #240: WR Tahj Washington (+2025 Late RD Pick Swap)
A+

In Veach We Trust!

Go Chiefs!!

3-Peat!!!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-28-2024 at 09:23 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:38 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I would have drafted Brenden Rice in the 6th round, or I would have drafted Cornelius Johnson in the 7th.

Veach throws numbers at DB when it's a problem, and now he has thrown number at the OL twice. Why not throw numbers at WR?

If we want to continue to pay Mahomes what he deserves, and other star players like CJ max type deals, then Reid is going to have to get over his aversion to playing rookie receivers.

I think Rice is going to be a star. It's absolutely crazy he didn't get picked until the 7th round. I think Cornelius Johnson has the measurables and athletic score for a high upside in a 7th round pick.
Well, I think the counter argument is we won with just Rice last year. If you think Rice will be a star, and Andy + Pat believes Worthy will dangerous weapon, then we probably have what we need when you add that to Hollywood and Kelce.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:26 PM   #32
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Well, I think the counter argument is we won with just Rice last year. If you think Rice will be a star, and Andy + Pat believes Worthy will dangerous weapon, then we probably have what we need when you add that to Hollywood and Kelce.
And I think signing Hollywood and using a 1st round pick on a WR qualifies as 'throwing numbers at it" every bit as much as signing Thuney and using a 2nd and 6th on Creed and Smith.

Moreover, the OL was THE reason we got curb-stomped by TB. Whereas the WR corps found just enough in the post-season, as well as with the emergence of rice, to win a championship.

I wouldn't have minded another WR, to be clear. But I think Veach was still pretty aggressive in attacking it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:10 PM   #33
In Search of a Life

Everyone wants "more depth" at WR....which after last year....ok. But they've got 4 guys there now that are atleast good solid players.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Everyone wants "more depth" at WR....which after last year....ok. But they've got 4 guys there now that are atleast good solid players.
And they're not carrying 7. So it's really just a guy who you think may bump Moore from the roster.

Would I like that to be Cornelius Johnson? or Brendan Rice? Sure. Do I think it's terribly likely? No, not really. I can't see a 3rd day pick or UDFA knocking Moore off as a rookie. So if you're looking at a guy you're hoping to sneak onto the PS, well aren't you better served drafting someone that may actually knock Caliendo off and make the 53?

I see their logic in the way they handled it. Just tells me, again, that they like Skyy Moore a LOT more than I do.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:29 PM   #35
Most Valuable Villain

Hollywood
Rice
Worthy
Watson
Moore
Toney

Infinitely better than last year.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Hollywood
Rice
Worthy
Watson
Moore
Toney

Infinitely better than last year.
I mean we started the season with Toney and Moore at the top of the WR room. That's a fairly big change, for sure.

Even if Worthy takes as long or longer to get up to speed than Rice, you still have Brown and (presumably) Rice already in place to keep the WR room at average at least.

Last year's WR room essentially didn't have a floor. I think there was a fair bit of ceiling but essentially none of it worked out. And when that happened that complete lack of a floor killed us. With Brown and Rice, you at least have 'competent if not spectacular' as a solid baseline and even that presumes zero growth from Rice and Brown isn't quick on the uptake in the offense.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:22 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Not gonna lie, a 1-yr Ring-Chaser deal with OBJ would really set this WR room up for a 3-peat.

Have not been a fan of pursuing him in the past, but I think there's an argument now that it could make sense.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Not gonna lie, a 1-yr Ring-Chaser deal with OBJ would really set this WR room up for a 3-peat.

Have not been a fan of pursuing him in the past, but I think there's an argument now that it could make sense.
Yeah - I'd be fine with that.

But I've come to the conclusion that OBJ isn't a ring-chaser. He's closer to Hopkins in this regard.

He's gonna go where he gets paid. He's gonna want $10 million+ to sign somewhere and I'm just not interested at those figures.

OBJ may not even be about the money specifically - it may just be a 'respect' thing for a guy who doesn't realize that he's not the player he was 7 years ago.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:40 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - I'd be fine with that.

But I've come to the conclusion that OBJ isn't a ring-chaser. He's closer to Hopkins in this regard.

He's gonna go where he gets paid. He's gonna want $10 million+ to sign somewhere and I'm just not interested at those figures.

OBJ may not even be about the money specifically - it may just be a 'respect' thing for a guy who doesn't realize that he's not the player he was 7 years ago.
He's probably worth that $10m.

My thing is you can't hate on players for wanting $ over a ring. You can't eat that ring, and sports contacts are getting huge in recent years! Would any of us give up several million dollars to join a new company because they were the best in their biz? I wouldn't.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:23 PM   #40
SuperBowl or bust

I’d be happy with OBJ for the same exact deal Hollywood got. Sure.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:46 PM   #41
MVP

LOL ESPN posted two new articles about their favorite picks in the draft and EVERY SINGLE ONE of our picks was listed if you combine the two LOL

Let's GO!!!
Old 05-01-2024, 11:17 PM   #42
SuperBowl or bust

I would have given up more to move up for the 2 players we got.

Seriously. Veach is a cheat code.

If you could tell me (before the draft) that we would trade all of our otger picks to move up to get Worthy AND Kingsley without using any picks from next year…I’d have said to pull the trigger.

The rest of this amazing draft class is just extra icing.

Build the statue.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:29 AM   #43
Veteran

I think the argument for WR goes beyond this year. Yes it's a pretty crowded room and there's not much space to stash guys. But Holywood is gone next year, we're not taking Toney's 5th year and there's a good chance he's gone, on top of Moore looking awful. It would be as much about double dipping during what looks like, to me, an excellent year for WRs, to future-proof the position.

But like I say, I've no great issue with us not given the picks taken.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:31 AM   #44

Quote:

My thing is you can't hate on players for wanting $ over a ring. You can't eat that ring, and sports contacts are getting huge in recent years! Would any of us give up several million dollars to join a new company because they were the best in their biz? I wouldn't.
Not at all.

The only real problem I have are guys like Hopkins that are just obviously full of shit. Hopkins has ONLY ever cared about money. And I've said it before about him - cool, do your thing man. It's your job, make your money.

But it ain't gonna be here. And don't bitch about not winning when you went to the team most willing to pay you and not the team most ready to win.

If you want to win - go win and don't complain about being underpayed. If you want to make full market value, go get paid and don't complain about not winning.

These are choices you have to make and either of them are defensible. It's the obnoxious hypocrisy that bugs me.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:07 AM   #45
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

He really is not.

I don't blame him for trying to get every dime he can, I'm just not interesting in KC paying him what he wants (which is about 2x what he's worth).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.