Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 01:04 PM   #27796
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I've seen a lot of debate around internet circles about how many QB's in the NFL hit that throw. I've seen Niners and Patriots fans (LOL) say only 5 QB's nail that, but other places that say over half of QB's hit it with ease.

We know Mahomes drills that pass, as the throw to Watkins on the previous drive was every bit at that difficulty (especially since it was outside the hashes).
Well, we've even seen Mahomes miss on 1 or 2 of those over the past couple of years, so nothing is guaranteed. But I would think that the top 25 percent of quarterbacks will make that pass catchable a majority of the time. I don't remember what the pressure was like, but I think he had time, right? Heck, I'd even say a top-12 quarterback makes that pass catchable over half the time.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #27797
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Well, we've even seen Mahomes miss on 1 or 2 of those over the past couple of years, so nothing is guaranteed. But I would think that the top 25 percent of quarterbacks will make that pass catchable a majority of the time. I don't remember what the pressure was like, but I think he had time, right? Heck, I'd even say a top-12 quarterback makes that pass catchable over half the time.

Yeah, that breakdown sounds fair. Regarding Pat, I think there's a chance first half Mahomes misses that throw, but I don't think there is a chance that 4th quarter playoff Mahomes does anything but drill his receiver in stride. Even in his lone playoff loss, he obliterated the Patriots D like a tidal wave in last year's AFC Championship game.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #27798
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Yeah, that breakdown sounds fair. Regarding Pat, I think there's a chance first half Mahomes misses that throw, but I don't think there is a chance that 4th quarter playoff Mahomes does anything but drill his receiver in stride. Even in his lone playoff loss, he obliterated the Patriots D like a tidal wave in last year's AFC Championship game.

Well, yeah. His clutch gene would have kicked in.

It would be really cool to have that clutch gene.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:29 PM   #27799
MVP

Quote:

I have the clutch gene. To bad it only applies to saving "Almost spilled drinks"
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #27800
Settle this once and forever

I don't care too much for PFF but this article agrees with my worldview so I figure it's worth a share.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...-aaron-rodgers

It basically just highlights that Pat is a ****ing dog.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #27801
MVP

Bucs should have signed Dalton instead of Brady.

Don't sit out, Dak.

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:20 PM   #27802
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Man that looks like a fantastic burger.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:47 AM   #27803
World's Best Boss

Quote:

It has to be such a helpless feeling as an opposing fan once Patrick turns on that clutch gene. Have you ever seen No Country for Old Men? About halfway through you start feeling this sense of dread as Javier Bardem’s antagonist starts obliterating the protagonists with the precision of a machine. All of the tropes that typically work for the heroes in a western backfire spectacularly, and it doesn’t matter what the heroes try (taking Bardem’s character on, hiring a bounty hunter, talking to law enforcement), gets dismantled by an antagonist who reminds them that “their fate is inescapable.”

Earlier in the playoffs, the Niners game against the Vikings was actually much more competitive through three quarters than the final score would lead one to believe. What flipped the 49ers-Vikings game is that when the Vikings threatened to tie or take the lead, the 49ers excellent defensive line would come up with a sack to flip the momentum and stop the Vikings in their tracks. The 49ers defense was great at this. They would never be beat with big plays, and as teams were driving, they’d get a sack or force a link to turn the tides. We saw it against the Chiefs in the 3rd quarter.

It was like everyone watching the game felt the tides turn. I’d argue that where everyone felt it wasn’t WASP or the pass to Sammy, but when Bosa beat Fish and had Mahomes wrapped for a sure sack with under 4 minutes left in the game. It was 2nd and 5, and a sack completely shifts momentum in the other direction. When Mahomes effortlessly evaded the sack and found Kelce, it was like you could feel it in the air. I remember seeing how baffled Bosa and the 49ers sideline looked after that play. Even Troy Aikman remarked at that point that the momentum had completely turned - and sure enough, Mahomes was two plays away from hitting Watkins on a rainbow before taking the the lead for good. It doesn’t matter how many pressures, hits, or bad passes Mahomes has thrown in a game - because eventually his clutch gene will activate and all opposing fans can do is mournfully reflect on what could have been like Tommy Lee Jones’ retiring sheriff in No Country for Old Men, because when Mahomes turns it on, his wrath is inescapable.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 06-20-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #27804
Starter

Not sure I get why people feel like it’s such a dick move to try to make a big play late in the game even with the result certain. It’s actually respecting the fans to give entertainment all the way as opposed to the QB kneel and slinging it out of bounds.

Mahoney will likely throw 20+ touchdown passes in the Super Bowl over his career but there may not be many better chances for Demarcus Robinson to score in the big game.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #27805
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayneplane View Post
Not sure I get why people feel like it’s such a dick move to try to make a big play late in the game even with the result certain. It’s actually respecting the fans to give entertainment all the way as opposed to the QB kneel and slinging it out of bounds.

Mahoney will likely throw 20+ touchdown passes in the Super Bowl over his career but there may not be many better chances for Demarcus Robinson to score in the big game.
I also kind of feel like the Super Bowl is when you let it all loose. If you can defeat a team by 50, you do it. This is when you prove to the world, and to the history books, how good your team really is. You do that because, in the long run, you're not going to be compared to the other teams of 2019 going forward, you're going to be compared against the other Super Bowl winners that you'll never play.

You want history to see the game like this:

Old 06-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #27806
Veteran

Note the link goes to the bad place that tried to ruin our SB season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #27807
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post

Note the link goes to the bad place that tried to ruin our SB season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I can say they are looking in Lee Summit at Douglas and St Lukes Blvd. Also several other locations are being looked at but Lee Summit is looking pretty solid as happening. Pat gets things done dude is gonna own this area.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:16 AM   #27808
In Search of a Life

Mahomes MVP season marathon on NFLN tomorrow.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #27809
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Mahomes MVP season marathon on NFLN tomorrow.

**** Dish! one who sucks the peniss!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #27810
Banned!

Quote:
I also kind of feel like the Super Bowl is when you let it all loose. If you can defeat a team by 50, you do it. This is when you prove to the world, and to the history books, how good your team really is. You do that because, in the long run, you're not going to be compared to the other teams of 2019 going forward, you're going to be compared against the other Super Bowl winners that you'll never play.

You want history to see the game like this:

I certainly wouldn't have been mad had Robinson caught the pass and scored.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.