Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 05:56 PM  
Threepeat!

Chiefs DT Chris Jones Hoping For Time Off During Training Camp

Some may say "not a good look" after inking a big deal. If Andy & the rest of the team is good with... why not?

A year ago, superstar defensive tackle Chris Jones skipped the offseason program, training camp and the season’s opening game as he and the Kansas City Chiefs negotiated a new contract.

Ultimately, the two sides agreed on a stopgap one-year deal to get Jones back on the field. Then in early March, he and the team finally signed a five-year, $159 million contract that included $95 million in guarantees.

Even after missing all that practice time last season, Jones still earned a second consecutive first-team All-Pro nod. He’ll turn 30 before the team opens its 2024 training camp at Missouri Western State Univerity in St. Joseph in mid-July — and he’s hoping that under the circumstances, head coach Andy Reid will let him skip some practices.

“Listen man, I’ve already been talking to Andy about, ‘Let me skip out on training camp. I’m a little older, right?’” he told reporters during his youth football camp in Overland Park this week, per the Kansas City Star. “I can feel it. I can feel when we have a day on training camp. Give me like two days off and one day on, then — and we maybe can work something out, you know?”

It doesn’t appear that Reid is enthusiastic about the idea.

“He just looked at me,” smiled Jones. “So the conversation is still ongoing.”

However much time he spends on the practice field in St. Joseph, Jones thinks his approach will remain the same.

“The mindset is always the same: being in the best shape you could be in, [finding] a way to interact with the community — but also better yourself — doing a good deed a week,” he said. “I don’t think my mindset ever changed, year in and year out [through different contract situations]. [It’s] just [that] I get a little wiser; I get a few more gray hairs.

“And we’re gonna keep this thing going.”

Players will begin reporting the week of July 15. We’ll get our first look at a training camp session on Sunday, July 21.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-training-camp
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:24 PM   #2
Sometimes it's black and white

Well I was pretty skeptical of giving Jones a third deal the whole time it was being negotiated on CP. I also figured if the Chiefs ever got their money's worth, it would be in the post season.
I will be pleasantly surprised if he is bringing it every game of the regular season for the length of the contract.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:25 PM   #3
Dazed and Confused

He had training camp off last year should be Andy's reply.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:33 PM   #4
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

We won a Super Bowl with him missing TC and first game.

I worry more about our WRs catching the damn ball than I am CJ.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:34 PM   #5
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Well I was pretty skeptical of giving Jones a third deal the whole time it was being negotiated on CP. I also figured if the Chiefs ever got their money's worth, it would be in the post season.
I will be pleasantly surprised if he is bringing it every game of the regular season for the length of the contract.
Considering his age and how often he gets double teamed, I don't see an issue keeping his mileage down. Postseason is where they're really going to need him. He shines in big games. Especially postseason.

Last edited by T-post Tom; 06-27-2024 at 08:43 PM..
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:43 PM   #6
Kind of a mod

In Andy we trust. If he's good with it, I'm good with it. If he's not, I'm not.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:52 PM
Rasputin
This message has been deleted by Rasputin.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:22 PM   #7
Feeling Victorian

Can't start playing favorites. Next thing you know half the team will want to take a practice or 2 off during the week.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:26 PM   #8
Feeling Victorian

Besides Chris is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team and setting a example for the younger players.

What kind of example does that set?
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:27 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In Andy we trust. If he's good with it, I'm good with it. If he's not, I'm not.
This is really all that needs to be said.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:30 PM   #10
Consuming CP souls

You could also take it as him playing around though he probably at least is testing the waters to get out of a few practices
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:36 PM   #11
MVP

You’re paid absurd money, asshole. Get out there with everybody else.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:44 PM
Rasputin
Old 06-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Rasputin
Old 06-27-2024, 07:51 PM   #12
YOU take YOUR seat

veterans like Jones, it's fine IMO
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 08:14 PM   #13
Special Teams ACE!!!

I love that Andy gets his guys preseason snaps and runs hard training camps. And I ESPECIALLY love that we're winning all these Super Bowls doing so while the rest of the league is pussing out. Not to mention we've been a way healthier team than everybody else.

So I kind of want Andy to tell Chris to **** off. Keep working your ass off. It's good for you and good for the team.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 08:36 PM   #14
Fight, build, win!

If i,m Andy I tell him to be here and on time. If he shows up in relatively good shape lighten his load and look at other guys. But by all means, be in camp and lead!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:14 PM   #15
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

I think he's just being Chris Jones. He's probably mostly kidding. He'd like to take some time off, but he's just ****ing with people.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.