Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #27271
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I think the confusion on your end is, the right for you Grand Parents and loved ones to feel safe does not mean more than my constitutional rights.

"If it saves one life, its worth it" is a logical fallacy.

No you "Right" to feel safe doesn't mean anything to me. That being said I can be empathetic and take precautions to make sure I don't do anything that could hurt them
I'm confused why you think this is about "feeling safe" vs. "being safe." I'm not worried about my grandpa feeling anxious. I'm worried about people like you getting sick, going to the store, infecting my grandma, and killing my grandpa.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #27272
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't know their situation, but I think people who are in the top 10% of longevity sometimes feel guilty about it. My grandparents are basically the last of their group of friends and siblings alive. While they still clearly enjoy living, I certainly don't think that they're scared of death at this point.
thats exactly how this couple is. they are ready if it comes and want to go together. they've been married since they were 17.

but they are scared to death about us.

crazy
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #27273
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
I'm confused why you think this is about "feeling safe" vs. "being safe." I'm not worried about my grandpa feeling anxious. I'm worried about people like you getting sick, going to the store, infecting my grandma, and killing my grandpa.
Actually when you grand parent goes out into public he ASSUMES the risk REGARDLESS.

There are other options than him going out. Again, I can take precautions to limit what I could spread.

But you Grandparents right to exist shouldn't dictate how I live my life.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #27274
Hockey Town

Quote:
There really isn't any feeling there....it's a good catch phrase to use to basically say we're locked down cause people are pussies when in reality it doesn't make sense.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #27275
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Deaths by age group in Sweden:

88% over age 70
65% over age 80
25% over age 90

12% under age 70
5% under than 60
1.5% under than age 50
0.7% under age 40
0.2% under age 30
0.07% under age 20
0.03% under age 10

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...by-age-groups/
here's mo. for comparison
Under 20 0
20-29 1
30-39 3
40-49 7
50-59 28
60-69 72
70-79 88
80+ 153
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #27276
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Actually when you grand parent goes out into public he ASSUMES the risk REGARDLESS.

There are other options than him going out. Again, I can take precautions to limit what I could spread.

But you Grandparents right to exist shouldn't dictate how I live my life.
So how would you propose that my grandparents obtain food? They're in a small town, so delivery and pickup aren't options.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #27277
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I literally just posted a CNBC article stating that is not always the case. But whatever.
No question that their could be exceptions. However, it is the overwhelming majority. I have been auditing financial institutions for almost 30 years. I have a pretty good handle on what I am talking about.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #27278
Please squeeze

Welp the CDC is now projecting 3k deaths daily now that states are re-opening. We are going to hit 100K very shortly.

Quote:
The Times obtained an internal Centers for Disease Control document providing detailed projections on the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic around the country.

The document says that new cases will grow to a rate of around 225,000 per day by June 1, and that deaths will reach around 3,000 per day by the same date.

There are currently around 25,000 new cases each day in the United States, and around 2,000 deaths each day.

The CDC gathered the data and built the models on which the projections are based, the Times reported, while the Federal Emergency Management Agency created the charts.

The report also suggests that infection rates will increase more in rural America over the coming months. The document names “the Great Lakes region, parts of the Southeast, Northeast, and around southern California” as potential new hotspots, while Louisiana and New York City remain on a downwards trajectory in the federal government’s modeling.

“There remains a large number of counties whose burden continues to grow,” the report says.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #27279
Hockey Town

Quote:
So how would you propose that my grandparents obtain food? They're in a small town, so delivery and pickup aren't options.
He doesn't really care, all he cares is about what he's doing....this ties back to what I said about being spoiled as a nation.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #27280
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Welp the CDC is now projecting 3k deaths daily now that states are re-opening. We are going to hit 100K very shortly.
Considering I was just reading that Parsons said Missouri can resume concerts and they have no gathering guidelines, we'll be the epicenter of shitshow.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #27281

Quote:
I suggest if you are so worried you provide their food or arrange for it to be provided for them.

You can't care to a certain point, and CONTROLLING others to protect your loved ones is not what the USA is all about.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:53 AM   #27282
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
The document says that new cases will grow to a rate of around 225,000 per day by June 1
That sounds really high.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #27283
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
I suggest if you are so worried you provide their food or arrange for it to be provided for them.

You can't care to a certain point, and CONTROLLING others to protect your loved ones is not what the USA is all about.
Oh? What do you think the USA is all about?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #27284
Kind of a mod

Quote:

You can't care to a certain point and CONTROLLING others to protect you loved ones is not what the USA is all about.
That's not a solution. That's telling someone else to solve it.

So again, what's your SOLUTION. What, exactly, would you propose that I do to get them groceries?
Old 05-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #27285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
That sounds really high.
Well considering the growth rate world wide, I would think we are already way beyond that number. I think Serology tests need to be priority.