Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2017, 01:57 PM  
Life is changing..

PC question

I'm looking to upgrade my current PC, and I'm not very knowledgeable regarding anything to do with this type of thing - so I'll see if anyone here can assist me.

I'm looking for a PC I can use for everyday daily activities - streaming videos, Microsoft word, etc. But I'm mainly looking for something I can play games on.

Best Buy has this computer listed - which is right in my price range.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpo...?skuId=6072200

The game I play the most, is StarCraft 2 - but I'd like to have the versatility to branch out and play other games as well.

These are the specs needed to run SC2

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27575

Will the PC I listed above be a decent choice, or does anyone else have a recommendation for another PC? Not looking to attempt to build my own PC or anything like that either. I want something simple to plug and play.

Thanks guys
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #31
Veteran

You say this one at $550 is right in your price range, what is the max you're willing to spend? I'd recommend getting an Intel CPU over an AMD, but there's going to be a price increase with one. This computer would work fine for SC2 (Remastered requires better specs than SC2 I think since it requires a good amount of VRAM, which is pretty funny) but I don't know how it'd fare with other, newer games. The system that mac posted is pretty solid and will last a while.

Also off topic but I've been a poster on TL since like 2007, it's so crazy to me to see how they're growing so rapidly with solid teams in multiple games. They've gone from being an unofficial Brood War team without any sponsors or anything to winning TI 2017, pretty cool to watch their progression over the years.
GoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGoShox 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #32
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
The guy doesn't want to build his own. Can someone point to an off-the-shelf machine that might be good for him near the price point he seems to be interested in?
Mac has suggested a cots machine for him. So many urge to build your own because we know how easy it is and how much better the components are for the money. It pains us to see people still buying Dell boxes that are bricks waiting to happen.

The box MAC suggested looks to be a nice prebuilt rig though with upgrade capability. There is a good review there from Justme that TLO may or may not find useful.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #33
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

NewEgg Black November has started.
Here's one for you TLO. 12 hours left before it expires.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...73&ignorebbr=1

vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.