Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2023, 06:45 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I really don't want Zay Flowers in the 1st. Call me stupid I guess but I see too much similarity to Skyy Moore and a bunch of WRs in this draft where the value will be better. Sure, he's a bit more polished but I don't think that's enough for me to want him there. Not when you can get other guys like Tre Tucker, Xavier Gipson, Xavier Smith, Keylon Stokes, Josh Downs, and Tyler Scott at a discount.

If we go WR in the first, I think it needs to be a different type of player that can better line up anywhere.
IMO Zay has a little more spark than Moore, more burst, twitch, athleticism, and potential for dynamic plays...I'd say he's in between Moore and Toney.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 07:26 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
IMO Zay has a little more spark than Moore, more burst, twitch, athleticism, and potential for dynamic plays...I'd say he's in between Moore and Toney.
We're going to agree to disagree on most of this. I think Flowers is more agile but that's about it. Their speed is pretty much identical (Flowers 0.01 slower... big shit). Flowers is solidly 10 lbs smaller. Flowers has a rather significantly lesser 10-yard split so the burst would be more in Moore's favor. The difference in vertical is made up for by the difference in height so that's a push. Flowers has smaller hands. I really don't think you're getting anything much different. Maybe a little more quickness at the route break at the sacrifice of a little length.

I think the viewpoint is largely a byproduct of Moore not doing much as a rookie coupled with some recency bias. I'm just not all in for a WR that's pretty much the same dude, especially not in the first. Would I like another guy like that on the roster? Sure, but I like alot of day 3 talent there. Tre Tucker and Xavier Gipson are my top guys but there are quite a few I'd like.

I'd rather push the chips in on a different skill set from what we have.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:11 PM   #4
MVP

4 rounds, 5 picks, no trades

31 Will McDonald IV EDGE | Iowa State - concerns of size were not enough pass on him at 31. Anton was still on the board and I seriously thought of taking him there, but I took a chance for Berg being there at 63 as I like Berg just as much as Anton on either the left or right side.

63 Matthew Bergeron OT | Syracuse - It fell the way I was hoping here and I would think Berg could possibly shore up the RT spot. And if need be could possibly move to LT if the need arises in a year or 2.

95 Rashee Rice WR | SMU - If this guy drop to 95 and we don't take him I am concerned someone is on Tranq in the organization. No brainer at 95.

122 Jonathan Mingo WR | Mississippi - After pick 95 with what was left on the board I was thinking either DL or WR. I saw that Karl Brooks, Ojomo at DT and KJ Henry at EDGE was still available on the board and thought for sure that one of them would fall to 134. So I wanted to answer the WR corps early enough where the further down we go the questions even become bigger with the prospects. Mingo was there. Done.

134 Moro Ojomo DL | Texas - TBH Ojomo would have been my 3rd option here with my thinking. I really wanted Karl Brooks or KJ Henry, 2 guys that I think may be real steals beyond the top guys. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:59 PM   #5
MVP

6 rounds, 7 picks, no trades, DT 1st

31 Mazi Smith DL | Michigan
63 Keion White EDGE | Georgia Tech
95 Marvin Mims WR | Oklahoma
122 Darius Rush CB | South Carolina
134 Zack Kuntz TE | Old Dominion
166 Ricky Stromberg IOL | Arkansas
178 YaYa Diaby EDGE | Louisville
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote