Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2023, 05:20 PM   #2
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I just installed a mod that fixed it (I think). A ship landed and a guy got out. Unfortunately they closed dock before I could get in, but that's happened before; I should have charged for the ship instead of killing him.
So far so good with the patch. I was able to attack and board an enemy ship in space, and when I got onboard, the mission option to take control popped up and the enemy crew was onboard and fighting. All went normally, except that they had a hostage onboard (how the **** would I know that?) who I apparently greased during the melee. That instantly got me a UC bounty and a totally pissed-off space wife, but I was able to pay off the bounty and get back in Sarah's good graces. Was able to register the ship and do some modifications. Fingers crossed.

God bless that modder. Oh, here's the link.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/4704?tab=posts
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:43 PM   #3
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
I just installed a mod that fixed it (I think). A ship landed and a guy got out. Unfortunately they closed dock before I could get in, but that's happened before; I should have charged for the ship instead of killing him.
I noticed on a lot if these that once the assault crew that gets out is killed, the door closes and leaves.

I like popping phased time and getting by them while they're stuck in slow mo and then boarding the ship.

The most annoying encounter is the one big badass Ecliptic ship, that every single God damn ****ing time I find it, it ALWAYS is being piloted by mother ****ing Bounty Hunters and this for some reason keeps me from stealing the ship.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:50 PM   #4
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
I noticed on a lot if these that once the assault crew that gets out is killed, the door closes and leaves.

I like popping phased time and getting by them while they're stuck in slow mo and then boarding the ship.

The most annoying encounter is the one big badass Ecliptic ship, that every single God damn ****ing time I find it, it ALWAYS is being piloted by mother ****ing Bounty Hunters and this for some reason keeps me from stealing the ship.
Hmm, I haven't encountered that yet. All the ships I've boarded I've been able to capture. Did you select the bounty hunter perk when you created your character?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2023, 12:37 PM   #5
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Hmm, I haven't encountered that yet. All the ships I've boarded I've been able to capture. Did you select the bounty hunter perk when you created your character?
Wanted.

Considering just paying off the bounty so they stop appearing.

Yeah it's a known issue whether intended or not, that if a ship on the ground had bounty hunters coming after you, for some reason you always get the message " You are not authorized to pilot this ship"

Even after they're all dead.

I did however finally steal myself a Starborn Guardian ship.

Go to Neon and buy about 10-15 Aurora, and then either create or buy a couple of Amp.

When you land on a planet, as soon as you hear the ship roar, overhead, signifying a ship coming in to land, make a save.

Then pop Amp, and pop Aurora, and keep aurora up constantly for the slow time. Pop phased time also if you have it. Aurora lasts about 8 seconds, so it's good to hot key. Amp lasts longer so you should be good on that.

You need to reach the Starborn ship as it is landing, and reach the door before all of the crew get out.

This makes the door accessible, and you can just take the ship to a ship vendor and register it.

If you don't quite make it just reload your save and try to get there faster. Skip packs work well for this if you're only using a basic.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:21 PM   #6
How tall is this thing?

**** this game.

Ryujin Storyline is bugged out because the guy I have to talk to on one of the final missions spawns outside of the play area and not inside the news building where he should be.

Entire faction questline done for absolutely nothing.
Old 10-19-2023, 01:46 PM   #7
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
**** this game.

Ryujin Storyline is bugged out because the guy I have to talk to on one of the final missions spawns outside of the play area and not inside the news building where he should be.

Entire faction questline done for absolutely nothing.
That sucks.

Since I got the ship capture thing working again, my only mission in Starfield life is making new ships. Period. Everything I do builds toward that goal. All I do is this:

1. Fly pirate destroy missions, either killing or capturing ships.

2. I pick one to set aside for a Class C upgrade, and sell the rest.

3. I do random raid quests to gather shit to sell.

4. I spend days in New Atlantis selling my shit.

5. Occasionally I'll add shit to an outpost that I visit to get a new mission, go on the odd EXP-farming safari, hire a new follower for an outpost, or tweak an existing ship, just because I can.

6. When I amass around 700K credits, I build the new ship, each one different than the last.

7. Then I start all over again.

That's it.

I don't give a crap about the main quest or the jump-through-hoops side quests. Sergeant Yumi has a better chance of finding a space unicorn than ever seeing me again, regardless of how many New Atlantis flatfoots tell me that he's looking for me. I ignore my space wife when she tries to give my a ****ing aromatic space leaf; she exists only for fire support and EXP bonus ****s, although I do flirt with her occasionally. I have long since maxed out my piloting skills, so I banished that nasty creep Barrett to a distant outpost that I don't ever visit. I would do the same with that weepy redneck douche Coe, but even if I send him away his ****ing brat stays on my ship forever, so there's no point to it.

I've gotten pretty good at avoiding game bugs. The main thing is quick saving prior to boarding a ship in case the game wigs out; I've noticed that the bulbous-looking Taiyo based ships tend to have the most issues. After capturing one recently I noticed that my ship inventory had blipped out, so I went back to quicksave, transferred all 8,000 pounds of shit to myself, then put it back into my homeship with no further issues. **** you, Bethesda.

I guess I'll keep doing this until I finally get bored with it, but I'm not there yet. This is the Constitution, the coolest ship I've created so far.

Old 10-21-2023, 12:37 PM   #8
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
That sucks.

Since I got the ship capture thing working again, my only mission in Starfield life is making new ships. Period. Everything I do builds toward that goal. All I do is this:

1. Fly pirate destroy missions, either killing or capturing ships.

2. I pick one to set aside for a Class C upgrade, and sell the rest.

3. I do random raid quests to gather shit to sell.

4. I spend days in New Atlantis selling my shit.

5. Occasionally I'll add shit to an outpost that I visit to get a new mission, go on the odd EXP-farming safari, hire a new follower for an outpost, or tweak an existing ship, just because I can.

6. When I amass around 700K credits, I build the new ship, each one different than the last.

7. Then I start all over again.

That's it.

I don't give a crap about the main quest or the jump-through-hoops side quests. Sergeant Yumi has a better chance of finding a space unicorn than ever seeing me again, regardless of how many New Atlantis flatfoots tell me that he's looking for me. I ignore my space wife when she tries to give my a ****ing aromatic space leaf; she exists only for fire support and EXP bonus ****s, although I do flirt with her occasionally. I have long since maxed out my piloting skills, so I banished that nasty creep Barrett to a distant outpost that I don't ever visit. I would do the same with that weepy redneck douche Coe, but even if I send him away his ****ing brat stays on my ship forever, so there's no point to it.

I've gotten pretty good at avoiding game bugs. The main thing is quick saving prior to boarding a ship in case the game wigs out; I've noticed that the bulbous-looking Taiyo based ships tend to have the most issues. After capturing one recently I noticed that my ship inventory had blipped out, so I went back to quicksave, transferred all 8,000 pounds of shit to myself, then put it back into my homeship with no further issues. **** you, Bethesda.

I guess I'll keep doing this until I finally get bored with it, but I'm not there yet. This is the Constitution, the coolest ship I've created so far.

That's a badass ship.

I spent the majority of my 100 hours playing this game grinding to 60 to unlock all ship parts, and then building ships.

I've got a Millenium Falcon, Ebon Hawk from KOTOR, and Serenity from Firefly. I turned the Mantis quest reward ship, the Razorleaf into the Batwing. It's cool because the Razorleaf has a perk where evil enemy ships have a chance to flee when they see it. So turning it into the Batwing was a no brainer.

My other 6 ship slots serve as placeholders for ships I steal and one slot is reserved for the next build.

Until all the stupid quest breaking bugs get fixed I'm done with anything besides tinkering and collecting money to further the hobby.