Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2018, 08:27 AM   Topic Starter
#triggering

NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes

So, I think the race comes down to these two guys and could honestly support either winning it all. Take away either player and that team is going to suck. One has vastly better stats, one has fewer losses on the season (team stat).

67.5% Completion / 117.9 QBR / 3,628 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT (186 rushing yards / 2 TDs)
76.9% Completion / 126.9 QBR / 2,964 yards / 25 TD / 1 INT (28 rushing yards / 3 TDs)

Both have their teams at the top of their conferences. One is at the end of the road, the other just getting started. Brees has never earned an MVP and is breaking career records left and right.

Are you fine either way... do you feel that Mahomes without question is the MVP over Brees? Maybe this is the ultimate test of "does the leauge really hate KC"?
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
left blank intentionally

Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

I think this is how it probably goes. Next month could change things.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #5
MVP

Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.
5 games left if he sets the TD record he is MVP, especially if he stays 12-14 TDs ahead of Brees.

I still think we could possibly clinch HFA before week 17 and he sits a game or part of one.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #7
Starter

Although he played well offensive Sunday night, the three picks and two fumbles hurt. Also, the chiefs have lost two of the under the lights games against the better teams in the league when the Saints beat the Rams.

Mahomes has more TDs and more yards, on the other hand Brees only has one INT, a higher QB rating and higher completion percentage (nearly 5% points over the record he set last year). So Brees could set the completion percentage and be near the top of fewest INT (Brady at 2 is record).

As it stand now i have Brees the leader, but there are still 5 games to play and anything can happen.
Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Yehoodi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #8
Supporter

It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #9
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.
I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.
5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #11
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.
Totally agree.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #12
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Cooking spray anyone?

5 turnover game but he still has a commanding lead in TD's. If turnovers were a real factor in all of this Favre would have never won an MVP.

Whats crazy is Brees completion %.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Cooking spray anyone?

That wasn’t a gift. 1998 Broncos were stacked

There was cheating involved but they created (illegally) the bet team in football
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #14
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
That wasn’t a gift. 1998 Broncos were stacked

There was cheating involved but they created (illegally) the bet team in football

I hate them, but I watched more than enough of them to know that those Broncos teams were sick. They were completely dominant for three years. I remember being damn glad the Jags somehow beat them in 1996 so the Patriots could play the Jags not the Broncos in the AFCCG. Terrell Davis turned a damn good team into a completely disgusting one.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #15
11-5, baby

Mahomies should win it, Brees will win it.

Career valediction > insane production
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.