Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #2866
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I seriously doubt that they care in the least. It's a completely different vehicle that is nowhere near production.
Well, if it were me I'd be wanting to know who engineered that thing. Also one reason I chose Hogs over being an astronaut
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #2867
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Well, if it were me I'd be wanting to know who engineered that thing. Also one reason I chose Hogs over being an astronaut
Probably the same people who engineered all these.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:30 AM   #2868
Forever Royal

One thing about those attempts that seems funny to me is that they all end in an actual Hollywood style explosion. The movies love to portray any little impact as resulting in a big explosion but typically that’s not reality. Apparently with these rockets it is though. I guess that just shows how many different pieces of equipment are involved with a wide variety of sensitive combinations of explosives and combustable materials.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #2869
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Probably the same people who engineered all these.

Never gets old. And I just noticed that on the first successful drone ship landing, the leg on the right deploys much later than the other two.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #2870
"Think BOOM!"

Updated weather:

https://www.patrick.af.mil/Portals/1...-30-083923-853
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:11 AM   #2871
"Think BOOM!"

Old 05-30-2020, 09:13 AM   #2872
I am Number Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
One thing about those attempts that seems funny to me is that they all end in an actual Hollywood style explosion. The movies love to portray any little impact as resulting in a big explosion but typically that’s not reality. Apparently with these rockets it is though. I guess that just shows how many different pieces of equipment are involved with a wide variety of sensitive combinations of explosives and combustable materials.
I suspect rocket fuel is a tad more explosive than your average E85 we put in our cars. A car explosion is very rare, but that would be boring on screen, so Hollywood juices it up a bit.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #2873
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
I suspect rocket fuel is a tad more explosive than your average E85 we put in our cars. A car explosion is very rare, but that would be boring on screen, so Hollywood juices it up a bit.
Yep. And the explosion yesterday was liquid methane. Big boom.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #2874
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Damn. Thought I heard them talking Wednesday if it didnt work out today then Sunday was almost a lock yet this shows that it's just as unlikely as it was Wednesday.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #2875
"Think BOOM!"

Feed is live:

T-3 hours (and a bit)
Old 05-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #2876
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
So, let's be honest. Watching a rocket blast off is about as entertaining as watching water drip from a faucet. We ALL watch hoping deep down inside that suckers gonna explode and of course nobody gets hurt.
See, yesterday was just what we needed. Big Boom and nobody hurt.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #2877
Fish are scared of me

Shouldn't those astronauts chairs be 6 feet apart??
Old 05-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #2878
The Constitutional Choo choo

Weather going to cooperate today?
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:54 AM   #2879
Fifty eight sixty two...

Quote:
Shouldn't those astronauts chairs be 6 feet apart??
Probably better call ahead to see if ISS is dine-in or drive thru, too
chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:25 PM   #2880
"Think BOOM!"

T-1 hour